In this Discussion

Harry Potter

Comments

• omg it was a really great movie!! at the part when harry kissed cho somebody in the back was like "YOUR A MAN NOW HARRY YOUR A MAN" it was soooo funny, i wish they wouldnt have taken out the quidditch(sp?) those are my favorite partsbut i must say ron weasley is looking mighty fine!!!
  • Hahahahaha.

Ron: "What was it like?"
    Harry: "Wet."
    Entire theatre: "ewwwwwwwww"
  • haha that was really funny i think the funniest part is when hermione was like all excited about breaking the rules lol when they were on the bridge.
  • I'll have to agree with tonetoile in saying it was the best movie so far... The changes they made, some were great, some, I was just left like... 'huh? why'd they change that?' but overall, great movie. I will always stand by the books though... any true HP fan would do the same...

Luna was AMAZING. The girl they got to play her was fabulous, and she was just great. smile.gif

I do wish that the Weasley's grand exit would have involved the swamp... but what they did TOTALLY sufficed

Bellatrix was fucking creeeeepy as all get out.

And the kiss scene was kind of awkward... but I love the whole 'how was it?' 'wet' thing... I'll probably put it in my facebook.

Overall, fabulous movie. I can't wait to see it again and again. I'm even MORE pumped for the book next weekend... its actually very bittersweet...

edit: had to change a little so i don't ruin stuff!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 11 2007, 06:26 AM)
    I will always stand by the books though... any true HP fan would do the same...

Luna was AMAZING. The girl they got to play her was fabulous, and she was just great. smile.gif

I do wish that the Weasley's grand exit would have involved the swamp... but what they did TOTALLY sufficed

i have to agree exactly with you on those, me and my sister are setting up a spot right in front of borders at 8:30 and sit there and play games untill they start selling the books then im not gunna sleep till its done, oh and i dont know if i should be atalked about here its about what i think will happen in the book but i feel like it might spoil something even if i dont even know
  • I was at platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross a moment a go.. They've put up a sign for it and there's half a trolly stuck into the wall lol. I took pictures to show you but my dad's gotta send em to me...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM)
    I was at platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross a moment a go.. They've put up a sign for it and there's half a trolly stuck into the wall lol. I took pictures to show you but my dad's gotta send em to me...

Got it covered for you, Allie love. From our trip in February!

Oh what the hey, let's put Adam's photo in as well.

• Hahahah well yours are much better then!
    Adam's hand thing... sheer genius. I was trying to squish my face into the wall but it didn't have quite the same effect.... tongue.gif
  • ahhhhhhhh i love it!!! dammit i want to travel/live there... dudes... the city skyline they show in the movie is BREATHTAKING
  • Hahaha. Those photos are awesome.

I love Harry Potter. I can't even lie about it. It's a magical world.

(Driving back from the theatre last night, my friends and I were tired and giddy. A police put on his siren behind us and, luckily, did not pull us over. After, we thought up what we would have said IF he had pulled us over, namely: "I'm sorry officer. We've just returned from a land of magic" or "EXPECTO PATRONUS!")
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 11 2007, 07:29 PM)
    ahhhhhhhh i love it!!! dammit i want to travel/live there... dudes... the city skyline they show in the movie is BREATHTAKING

Come live here then. I'll take you there everyday... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 11 2007, 07:18 PM)
    Got it covered for you, Allie love. From our trip in February!

Oh what the hey, let's put Adam's photo in as well.

soooo cool!!!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 11 2007, 09:34 AM)
    I think I'm in love with Luna Lovegood. Srsly. She was the best person in the entire movie.

P.S. The woman playing Dolores Umbridge was AMAAAAZING. She was fucking scary. Also, new design of the dementors? A+
    FOR SERIOUS.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 11 2007, 07:30 PM)
    Hahaha. Those photos are awesome.

I love Harry Potter. I can't even lie about it. It's a magical world.

(Driving back from the theatre last night, my friends and I were tired and giddy. A police put on his siren behind us and, luckily, did not pull us over. After, we thought up what we would have said IF he had pulled us over, namely: "I'm sorry officer. We've just returned from a land of magic" or "EXPECTO PATRONUS!")

yelling "expecto patronus" would be an awesome thing to do if you wanted to sleep at the police station!! still, so funny biggrin.gif
  • Umbridge, Luna, and Bellatrix were all cast incredibly well, and I thought they moved it along really well so it didn't seem like it was over 2 hours. I really didn't like the depiction of Cho at all, though, and I didn't like the dementors in this nearly as much as I did in the 3rd movie.

Also the audience in my theater really sucked, but I guess that's what I get for not going to the midnight showing.

10 DAYS TIL THE BOOK!!!!
    • QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 11 2007, 09:53 PM)
      FOR SERIOUS.

FOR SIRIUS! (sorry, I really couldn't help myself)

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 11 2007, 10:03 PM)
      yelling "expecto patronus" would be an awesome thing to do if you wanted to sleep at the police station!! still, so funny biggrin.gif

Truth and truth

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jul 11 2007, 10:56 PM)
      Umbridge, Luna, and Bellatrix were all cast incredibly well, and I thought they moved it along really well so it didn't seem like it was over 2 hours. I really didn't like the depiction of Cho at all, though, and I didn't like the dementors in this nearly as much as I did in the 3rd movie.

Also the audience in my theater really sucked, but I guess that's what I get for not going to the midnight showing.

10 DAYS TIL THE BOOK!!!!

Oh I totally forgot about Bellatrix. She was pretty bad-ass. All of the new characters were really well cast. Cho was a little too dazed-looking for my taste. I always imagined her as more troubled (in terms that, I don't know, her boyfriend was killed by Voldermort). She just seemed kind of shallow.

Really? I thought these dementors were a lot more accurate in terms of how i pictured them. The others looked a little too Halloween-y for my taste, whereas these were just something that would definitely give me nightmares.

Holy shit only 10 days.
    • Racheal... is adam pertending that his hand is half way into the wall? if so, HE IS HILARIOUS! hahah
    • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 11 2007, 11:34 PM)
      Definitely the best movie so far. I had a couple of friends with me who had never read the book and were both like, "uhhhhh, we're just going to make up a story for ourselves, OK?"

The theatre was full of crazies and I think that was the best part.

I'm at work and half-asleep whoooooo.

I think I'm in love with Luna Lovegood. Srsly. She was the best person in the entire movie.

My only couple of qualms:
      1) What the fuck was with all the montages of sweaty Harry Potter writhing about in bed? I think, I don't know, two would have gotten the point across.
      2) The Kiss. I think there were three different camera pans over them smoochin' Aaaaaawkward.

Other than that, totally worth it.

P.S. The woman playing Dolores Umbridge was AMAAAAZING. She was fucking scary. Also, new design of the dementors? A+

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jul 12 2007, 08:56 AM)
      Umbridge, Luna, and Bellatrix were all cast incredibly well, and I thought they moved it along really well so it didn't seem like it was over 2 hours. I really didn't like the depiction of Cho at all, though, and I didn't like the dementors in this nearly as much as I did in the 3rd movie.

10 DAYS TIL THE BOOK!!!!

It was sooo good!! omg i've never been so happy with a harry potter movie!! I really love it!! I think this is the first time theyve had a director who had actually read the books and/or enjoyed them. Almost everything was exactly how i imagined it! Oooo and the Ron/Hermione sexual tensions was fantastic! the whole cinema was "oooh"ing and whooping. aaawwww it was just so good. the characters were cast perfectly, Hermione was talking like a normal person and Harry was ACTING!

I can't believe the reviews it's getting though. This one man said it was ok but it would have been better with more Helena Bonham Carter, he seriously wanted them to change the entire plot so she could be in it more. The fool only gave it 2 stars (when he gave rocky balboa 4.5), i bet he hasnt even read the books!!

I agree it didnt drag on like others have and even though it moved really quickly nothing too vital was left out. David Yates is a champ!!
    • I SAW IT! I had to drive 45 minutes to a different theater, but YAY!

They ruined Tonks! No words. And Mrs. Figg... wtf.

They cut out all the Quidditch stuff. =( WEASLEY IS OUR KING!

LUNA LOVEGOOD WAS AWESOME. Perfect. Also Umbridge. And Bellatrix! AMAZING!

That one scene with James, Sirius, Snape, and Lily as kids... I wish it was longer. That was my most favorite scene of all the of the books combined... so serious letdown.

A lot of things were different than what I pictured... the first 20 minutes of the book just pissed me off big time. But the rest of it was really good.

Too much Cho. Not cool. She's not the one who told on the club. But whyyyyy did they cut out Cho and Harry's date? That was so funny in the book! The whole Ron/Hermione tension was great.

Not enough Sirius! Sirius has always been my favorite character... there wasn't a lot about the Order in general. No mindless cleaning and crazy antics. But I guess they had to cut out all the fun to fit all the important stuff in.

YAY! Dumbledore was good, too. First time I've appreciated the new guy.

Also, great montages. LOVE LOVE LOVED them all.

It wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was definitely second.
    • ahh I just saw it too!

we were very sneaky, bought tickets for the 6:00 which wasn't sold out, then realized all our other friensd were going to the 7:00, and so @ like, 6:30 we went up to Customer Service and were like, "Wahhh you gave us the wrong tickets we asked for 7:00" so they were super awesome and changed our tickets for the 7:00 one which was completely sold out by that point.
      haha and every time something really good happened we would start a cheer and it would spread through the whole theater <3 I love my friends.

and I liked it a ton.. I agree w/ most of what's been said already.

I thought a lot the dialogue was really clever and nothing was overdone.. which is absolutely amazing cause it must have been really hard to do.

I also REALLY liked how they didn't make Harry THAT angsty... like, it was mostly internal and they didn't show it so much, which I thought was well done because too much angst and it would have been like evil-Peter in Spiderman 3 hahaha... however, we still burst out laughing at all the really angsty parts, esp. "I just feel so angry" hehe

Luna and the twins are my heroes... fer serious.