In this Discussion

Harry Potter

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 20 2007, 05:22 PM)

HAHAHA THATS SOOO FUNNY im like crying im laughing so hard oh man im gunna have to print that off and show it to everyone mayb send it in to conan o' brien i know he apreciates funny stuff like that
  • ekkk! do yall have your copies in yo hands?
  • the harry potter books just arent my style of reading
    im not into readin that stuff
    i love the movies tho
    b sides i like to read stuff ppl i kno arent readin
    cause then they wont ruin it for meh
  • i'm reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a;sldkfjasa;lsdk
    wow.
    okay back to reading!!
  • Only 200 pages left... laugh.gif
  • damn girl!
    i've only read 200! haha
  • I'm HARDCORE.

Slash on a caffiene high and haven't slept for 32 hours.
    I read from 1 - 11 AM. I'm taking a break for a bit.

..yeah. Dork. laugh.gif
  • Oh my goddddd blink.gif
  • Done.

And I would just like to say that I have been calling myself Rose Weasley in some way on the internets for YEARS. JK is obviously enamoured with me.

Also? NOT MY DAUGHTER, BITCH!!!!!!

Ok. I'm quite done now.
  • DONE!

Whaaaaaaat
  • I think I might just be angry with JKR right about now...
    Nooooo

EDIT Not that the book wasn't fantastic, cos it was amazing and I loved it. The first 100-ish pages are so discouraging though... Two die and one loses an ear?! WTF
  • Good book overall, although it seemed to drag on FOREVER in the middle... It was like "oh, let's hide, oh wait, I'm retarded and now we're captured, let's escape... and REPEAT!" For about 450 pages.

So many deaths! Did she HAVE to kill all four Mauraders? And Fred, and Tonks (she just had a baby, how much does that suck!), and Mad-Eye, and Hedwig, and Snape, and Dobby... like, JESUS CHRIST, WOMAN!

The Elder Wand bit at the end confused me. Dumbledore - Snape - Voldie - Draco? - Harry? HUH? How did he figure that one out?

I loved the Snape/Lily thing. I knew he was good all along... I KNEW IT!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" Best line in the entire series.

And the awesome cheesiness at the end? LOVED IT. Shut up. (But Albus Severus... what a name! James's middle name better have been Sirius...)
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Jul 20 2007, 11:46 PM)
    im not into readin that stuff
    i love the movies tho

me too! yay. i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • QUOTE (meliswilis @ Jul 21 2007, 05:46 PM)
    me too! yay. i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way.

Me three!
    I probably shouldn't be saying this here, but I'll be glad when all this is over.
  • i finished the book this afternoon

i definately agree there were too many deaths, by the end of the book i felt a little desensitised to it all. when fred died it was so little a shock that i didn't even cry and i love fred!!! I had to stop reading sooo many times because i juct couldn't see through my tears. Did she really need to kill Hedwig, and what about Lupin and Tonks??? They've got a kid now, poor Ted.

I always maintained Snape was good but i was getting a little worried near the end. Lucky it was all ok, oh and Harry didn't die!! Haha i told my friends he wouldn't but they were all ready for the worst.

I found the 19 years later thing a little bit too cheesy. It was nice to have closure but for some reason it just didn't work for me

I can't believe it's over! ohmy.gif
  • FRED WEASLEY!! How could she?!

I have to say, a ton of people called the Harry is a Horcrux theory.

But really, RON WEASLEY!!
  • I just bought the book... I'm kinda ashamed that I succumbed to it, but these spoilers are really tempting to I want to just read it and get it out of the way, before someone accidentally ruins it for me.

The whole one cover for adults, one for kids makes me laugh. I bought a kid's one in protest. If adults are embarrassed by reading HP in public, then they should stay at home!!

EDIT - for those who haven't read it yet - the spoilers don't conceal things properly when you're replying and the last 10 posts come up below.. I may have just had something ruined for me. I knew it'd happen sad.gif
  • Serious question, how the fuck did Neville get the Godric's sword? I thought it was left back in Gringotts. And why did the Elder Wand pass through Draco? All in all the book was good but some things were a littttle stretched. Still, I'm glad because my boyfriend now owes me a written apology because Snape was totally not evil. Hoorah!

Oh and I cried when Dobby died.
  • I did like it, but I think it got so convoluted that it was somewhat hard to follow.

Remember when Harry pulled the sword out of the hat in book 2? It was in Dumbledore's office but suddenly in the hat then also--it's the magic of the Sorting Hat.

I feel vindicated cause I definitely called a couple things in the book, but I never saw how Harry being a Horcrux thing could work. I don't know how I feel about how she pulled that off--if the Killing Curse only kills your soul, why wasn't the body left alive of all the other victims (like the dementor's kiss leaves you alive but souless)? If that makes any sense...

And I was somewhat shocked by Voldemort's death. It was so quick and seemed anti-climactic, but I guess it was a good way to get around Harry having to actually murder someone.

I was MAD confused in the epilogue by all the names and it was hard to tell who was whose kid, but I guess it was cute.
  • Wooot, I finished it in under 24 hours, and that includes the night, through which I slept! biggrin.gif

OK, so Fred's death actually made me cry, and I don't usually cry at books, least of all Harry Frigging Potter. And the 19 years later thing was just so corny it was ridiculous... But I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

A lot of it took a real stretch of the imagination, trying to work out how Draco was the owner of the Elder Wand (I mean, really, wtf?). But I did like the way she played the Snape-ultimately-good thing.

Also - was anyone else really jealous of Hermione for getting with Ron? tongue.gif He's mine, bitch!