In this Discussion

British/American Translations

Comments

• Discuss, discuss! You could always put it as a spoiler to protect the more sensative viewers' eyes.

Seriously, just thinking about the possible sexual hijinx is sending me into a giggling fit ("you want me to put it where?")

I really should stop as it's not appropriate, but I figure that if anyone is offended, there's always the magical "edit" button.
  • i'm offended. i can't even look at you anymore.
  • I hate to tell you, but you've never looked at me

because it's the internet
  • touche.

i don't hate being told that.
  • Yeah, you especially wouldn't hate it if you had ever seen me.

One word: medusa
  • i don't think we would get along in person. i'm not mythical. just ridiculously good looking.
  • Being a medusa is hard work!

Fuck that, I'm too tired to come up with anything witty or even vaguely witty. That power went away about 4 hours ago
  • don't get lazy on me now, evil one.
  • Fuck I can do what I want because it's late and I should be sleeping but god I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

Plus, I just want to become a gypsy now and everyone knows gypsies don't sleep or have any need to be funny when they don't want to. Look it up.
  • My big cousin used to tell me when I was little that if I made him mad, all he had to do was signal and gypsies would take me away.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. Congratulations, that made me laugh out loud (I feel like shortening it to "lol" would be an insult to your comment).

I just imabgine him giving the thumbs-up and a band of gypsies running by and snatching you, leaving behind a cartoon-worthly cloud of dust.
  • don't you live in northen california?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 22 2007, 11:17 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. Congratulations, that made me laugh out loud (I feel like shortening it to "lol" would be an insult to your comment).

I just imabgine him giving the thumbs-up and a band of gypsies running by and snatching you, leaving behind a cartoon-worthly cloud of dust.

He was so demented about it sometimes..I lived across the street from this fancy private school, and if I talked back while he was babysitting, he would point to some random window on the building and tell me that's where they were living this month. Or we would be driving somewhere and he'd show me some creepy dirt road that "leads to their camp."
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 20 2007, 12:27 PM)
    Aubergine / eggplant
    Courgette / zucchini
    We call it aubergine here... zucchini we call it though, but I know what courgette is (hooray limited french). blink.gif I think I live in an especially british community because WTF, a lot of the british terms being translated here I use regularly...
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 23 2007, 03:31 AM)
    He was so demented about it sometimes..I lived across the street from this fancy private school, and if I talked back while he was babysitting, he would point to some random window on the building and tell me that's where they were living this month. Or we would be driving somewhere and he'd show me some creepy dirt road that "leads to their camp."

You have to admit, that is pretty diabolical. I don't think I would ever have come up with that stuff as a kid.

well, unless you count the time, during the height of my love for the book series Animorphs, my friend told me that she could morph. I was jealous and so the next day I came up to her and told her that I could morph too. We would sit around and share stories about our morphing experiences, each secretly jealous at the other for her ability to morph.

• you liked animorphs too? Dont lie!
    ... well wasnt too into the books, but the tv show had me hooked... like a fish? ... an animorph fish...

Agentnumone used to tell one of my younger sisters(not rollo tongue.gif) that if she drank too much water her sides would become soggy... its werid that she belived that.
  • hahahah! It seems true. I mean, sponges become soggy, why not people?

It IS true that if you were to eat only carrots, you would turn a yellow/oragne color because of all the carotene.

I loved Animorphs so much. I never finished the series (I outgrew it somewhere around #35 I guess), but I loved it. I was actually talking to my friend about the TV series (which I never really watched because I didn't have cable... though I remember going over to my uncle's house to watch a couple of episodes). Our conversation went a little something like this:
    Me: "Do you remember Animorphs?"
    Friend: "Yeah! I used to watch the TV series. Everyone liked Jake but I thought Tobias was hot."
    Me: "... but he was a hawk for every episode except the first."
    Friend: "Yeah, but he was HOT that first episode!"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 23 2007, 01:45 PM)
    well, unless you count the time, during the height of my love for the book series Animorphs, my friend told me that she could morph. I was jealous and so the next day I came up to her and told her that I could morph too. We would sit around and share stories about our morphing experiences, each secretly jealous at the other for her ability to morph.

My friend and I did EXACTLY the same thing about being witches (pre-Harry Potter).
    We both genuinely believed that the other could do magic, while pretending that we could ourselves. And we decided to set up a school for witches. then Harry Potter came out. LOL.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 23 2007, 04:17 PM)
    Me: "Do you remember Animorphs?"
    Friend: "Yeah! I used to watch the TV series. Everyone liked Jake but I thought Tobias was hot."
    Me: "... but he was a hawk for every episode except the first."
    Friend: "Yeah, but he was HOT that first episode!"

Tobias WAS hot wub.gif
  • Now I need to find a picture of him:

(thank god for Google Images)

Dang. I guess he was pretty cute.

he looks a little like MIB in this shot
  • See, you wouldn't say no, would you? wink.gif

Even if he was a hawk 90% of the time...