In this Discussion

sad list

Comments

• Umm, this is difficult but i just need to get it off my chest.
    A year ago today my cousin passed away when he was only 11 years old. I feel really guilty because I had exams today and couldn't make it to the commemoration. I just wish I could have done something or been there to support the family sad.gif

I guess that means today also marks the day I fell head over heels for OK Go. "Return" did so much for me.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Sep 17 2007, 11:09 PM)
    So my audition today went really well. I'm about 95% sure I got a callback. So why is it that I feel like it went awfully? sad.gif

Congratulations doll! I know exactly how you feel. It's a weird mix of happiness and worry post-audition/pre-callback. Just remember that, as silly as it sounds, you're your own worst critic. How you actually performed and how you think you performed are two totally different things. Break a leg.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 18 2007, 03:31 AM)
    Umm, this is difficult but i just need to get it off my chest.
    A year ago today my cousin passed away when he was only 11 years old. I feel really guilty because I had exams today and couldn't make it to the commemoration. I just wish I could have done something or been there to support the family sad.gif

I guess that means today also marks the day I fell head over heels for OK Go. "Return" did so much for me.

I'm so sorry darling. My condolences. It's not your fault that you had exams. You weren't blowing them off and you obviously feel bad. I'm positive they still know how much you care. I mean, it's obvious here, over the internet. I'm sure they know too.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 18 2007, 01:31 PM)
    Umm, this is difficult but i just need to get it off my chest.

I'm sorry man, that's awful sad.gif I seriously doubt anyone is going to hold the fact you had exams against you, though. And I swear, Return just kills.

Meanwhile, I've officially set the date for going home and I feel shitty about it. I don't want to leave Melbourne but I have no choice.
  • I just bought antacids. Indigestion is for old people. Twenty-five is not old.

BOOO!!!!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 18 2007, 02:02 PM)
    I'm so sorry darling. My condolences. It's not your fault that you had exams. You weren't blowing them off and you obviously feel bad. I'm positive they still know how much you care. I mean, it's obvious here, over the internet. I'm sure they know too.

QUOTE (God @ Sep 19 2007, 07:56 PM)
    I'm sorry man, that's awful sad.gif I seriously doubt anyone is going to hold the fact you had exams against you, though. And I swear, Return just kills.
    Meanwhile, I've officially set the date for going home and I feel shitty about it. I don't want to leave Melbourne but I have no choice.

Thanks guys smile.gif It means a lot to hear that, you're both very lovely people. It turns out I can help with a little album we're putting together of memories and i think that will help.

And God, good luck with moving and everything! It's a bummer you had to leave Melbourne before we could stalk celebrities...
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 20 2007, 06:43 PM)
    Thanks guys smile.gif It means a lot to hear that, you're both very lovely people. It turns out I can help with a little album we're putting together of memories and i think that will help.

And God, good luck with moving and everything! It's a bummer you had to leave Melbourne before we could stalk celebrities...

The album sounds like a great idea. We did something similar when a friend of mine passed a few years ago. It's therapeutic at least.

It's all good we can stalk celebrities another year lol.
  • - writing stupid personal statements at 2 in the morning!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM GONNA BRING to your college!!! I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif sad.gif ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Sep 20 2007, 07:14 PM)
    - writing stupid personal statements at 2 in the morning!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM GONNA BRING to your college!!! I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif sad.gif ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Applying for stuff blows. That goes for jobs, too.
  • - APPLYING TO UNIVERSITIES sad.gif sad.gif

How hard do you think it will be for me to get into McGill?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Sep 20 2007, 02:59 PM)
    - APPLYING TO UNIVERSITIES sad.gif sad.gif

How hard do you think it will be for me to get into McGill?

They are complete betches to Ontario students, so we need higher marks than applicants from Quebec and the states. I've heard you need at least an 86 average.
  • Aahhhh nooo Ontario hate. WRRRYYYY

I think I can manage an 86 this year, but... do you think they care about grade 11? Cause... uh... eek. Lol
  • Yeah, I read somewhere last week that they check both.
  • Ahhh... fuck. Haha. I had like a 70 average in grade 11 sleep.gif I have a 96 so far this year though so LOL hopefully they care more about recent grades rather than grade 11 sad.gif Euch. Are you thinking of applying there too?
  • I definitely will, but it's more so I don't regret not trying for it. I think I have a much better chance of getting into Concordia. I am determined to go to Montreal! What other schools are you looking at?
  • Western (because it's literally behind my house, I practically live on campus), and uhm... that's it. Those are the only two I'm really interested in. Eek. I should look at other schools too eh? It would be crazyyyy if we got into the same school biggrin.gif Are you going to apply for any in Ontario?
  • barf i just 2 seconds ago completed an application spree to Labs at University of Toronto...

ickk i dont know if ill get any... all of the jobs were posted on sept 4th sad.gif and todays the 20th

BARF
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Sep 20 2007, 06:33 PM)
    Western (because it's literally behind my house, I practically live on campus), and uhm... that's it. Those are the only two I'm really interested in. Eek. I should look at other schools too eh? It would be crazyyyy if we got into the same school biggrin.gif Are you going to apply for any in Ontario?

We could be Rufus buddies, helping each other stalk him to the best of our potential! These are the presentations I'm signed up for at my school. I've already been to the ones for Acadia, University of Ottawa, and Carleton...I liked Ottawa U the best, because besides having all of the courses & programs I'm interested in, they have a Value Village Prom! And an entire day devoted to smashing pumpkins after Halloween! And a 'Dive In' - you float on inner tubes in the campus swimming pool and watch movies on a huge screen OMG.

Wilfrid Laurier
    Laurentian
    Westernnnn!
    Dalhousie (Nova Scotia)
    Queen's (as if I have any chance of getting in)
    aaand U of Guelph
  • HAHA biggrin.gif But of course!
    Ottawa U sounds amazing. LOL Value Village prom

Watch out for Waterloo, though-- it stinks like cow. All the time. biggrin.gif Haha my cousin just graduated from UWaterloo and she smells like cow now... she's a bioengineering student at UofT now but still... stinky

Oooh I was looking at Laurentian and Dalhousie too. Laurentian just because I LOVE the rocks and the water up in Sudbury. It's gorgeous. Even if the school's programs supposedly suck... it's still pretty...

Good luck Felster smile.gif
  • As for Nova Scotia schools, don't go to Acadia. Town of three-thousand people whaaaaat?
  • LOL that's so small! Awww!!