In this Discussion

sad list

Comments

• - having to say goodbye to the friends you've hardly had the chance to really get to know well.
  • Ugh, Ambie sad.gif
    Give it time- he'll come around. Sometimes it's a good thing to have big blow-ups- they're really scary things, but once you get through them, you know that the family is strong and survived. It means nothing is bottled up and creating the desperate atmosphere of resentment and tension- that's what I always tell myself when friends or family fight. ~hugs~
  • Thanks Sally!
    I'm still not speaking to him, and I think I'm going to sacrifice part of my would-be England fund for next summer and buy a TV. [Earlier the day of the fight, I bugged my dad about buying me a TV soon since I'm moving on the 21st, and he pulled this shit out of his ass that he isn't even sure if he wants to get me a TV, and how if he does, its going to be under $400. I got really pissed off because he promised since the beginning of the year that he would get me a TV, and I want like a nice 32" LCD flat panel because I'm going to need a TV for the rest of my life, so why not invest in a good one?] Anyway, so I think over the weekend I'm going to go buy my own TV. He can piss off.

Oh yeah, and my school mailed me a Provost's Honors award right, and I showed my dad and he said (in a condescending is this really a big deal tone) "So what's higher, a Provost or a Dean?" I was like THERE IS NO DEAN ONLY A PROVOST. Good lord can he never be positive and say good job, I'm proud of you! For pete's sake I got killer grades (one B+ and the rest were A or A-) this year - my first year of college, when most students do horribly, and he can't even give me a bit of support!
  • Ambie, I know it sucks, but you obviously cannot look to him for support. From what you've said, I assume he's not the "Good job slugger!" type of Dad. YOU realize you did well and, in the absence of his support, reward yourself. Take yourself out for ice cream. Sit back and watch a movie. Get your nails done. Anything that makes you feel good. Realize that YOU did this and YOU did well and you don't need him to say "Good Job" for it to count.

Congrats on the Provost's Honors award by the way.
  • I'm completely broken hearted. I thought the Fall Out Boy concert was this Friday so I was going to stay in Melbourne until then because I've been waiting to see Jacks Mannequin live all fucking year, but turns out it's the Friday after and I just can't afford to stay here thanks to that bitch.

So I had to get my friend to put my ticket on eBay sad.gif Now I have to pray that I can get a ticket for the Brisbane show, but it won't be the same 'cause I wont' be with my girls and it's odd battling FOB teenies for front row when you're on your own, you know?

My whole year is ruined. I've already sold my Justin Timberlake ticket, that's no biggie, I was just going to go for the sake of going, but I'm clinging to my Muse tickets for dear life. I won't even think of selling them 'til the week before the show 'cause I'm going to see if I can save up and come back to Melb for a trip. I've missed out on Muse that last four fucking times they've come to Australia and I was so fucking happy when I got those tickets I refuse to part with them.
  • Thanks Amy!
    Yeah I got my hair highlighted and I bought myself this awesome Puma bag to use for school, and I'm going to get myself a TV next week!!
    I'm totally just like WHATEVER PISS OFF!

God, I hope thinks take a turn for the better for you, its sad to see you so upset over things that aren't in your control. I wish your ex-roomie wasn't so horrible to you.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 12 2007, 10:00 PM)
    - personal statements and the writing thereof
    - 12th grade/year 13
    - school (except for Mr Gillitt)
    - homework
    - lack of sleep
    - lack of fun
    - inability to work out which Universities to apply to
    - generally wanting to cry.
    SO not in a good mood. sad.gif

omg, i feel the same way sad.gif
    even when i am happy, i think of all that stuff and i'm worried again. it sucks.

but electra, don't worry, i'm sure you'll do fine. ur so smart!!!

aww, and ambie, i'm sorry about your dad. that's how my dad is too. he's so stubborn, well, sometimes. he can't do much because if anything, we take my mom's side [she's usually right]. so its my mom and the four of us against him. haha, poor guy, doesn't have a chance.
  • Awww, thanks Vinnie, to be honest reading about everyone else's problems has put mine in perspective and made me feel a little petty. I hope school gets better for you smile.gif

Ambers - I'm so sorry about your dad. Well done for cheering yourself up and staying more positive about it all though!

And God - say the word and I'll kidnap that bitch of an ex-roomate of yours. She's screwing everything up for you - I'm sorry.
  • chase telling me that jason's number was "1 800 GO AWAY"
  • Pfft!! That's not even enough digits for a real phone number.

Chase is obviously an idiot!!! No other conclusion can be drawn.
  • last night me and my friends got drunk in my room and one of them barfed on my floor and i did everything i could to clean it up and i have about 3 candles lit and it still smells
  • Awww, I'm not Posty McPosterson anymore.

Yeah, life is hard. laugh.gif
  • -I Feel like ive gained some weight when im sopposed to be losing it

-Friends pressuring me to take some kind of pill
  • Wo-ah! Not cool.

You don't know what it is? Do they know what it is? :? Well, you seem to be smarter than that, so I won't worry, but that sucks they're putting the pressure on.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Sep 17 2007, 02:14 PM)
    -I Feel like ive gained some weight when im sopposed to be losing it

-Friends pressuring me to take some kind of pill

I HATE PEOPLE THAT PEER PRESSURE OTHER PEOPLE!!
    just say no! its what they taught you in DARE. smile.gif
  • Some kind of pill as in E or some kind of pill as in The Pill?
  • They are the type of people that know my weaknesses but i've got a few things on my brain that I can think f to help me say no.
  • That's really icky of them. Go you for not taking it! If you need another thing to help you say no, try remembering that you'll make your boardie friends proud. happy.gif

So my audition today went really well. I'm about 95% sure I got a callback. So why is it that I feel like it went awfully? sad.gif
  • My FOB ticket sold sad.gif Bye Jacks Mannequin...