In this Discussion

Cantarell

edited November -1 in OK Go
He posted a new entry about his new album:

Cantarell to drop late summer (or early fall)

"I’m happy to report that the next Secret Dakota Ring record, titled Cantarell, has been completed and will be coming out later in the summer. For now feast your eyes on the totally sweet cover done by Worcester genius and long-time pal Jacob Berendes (Jacob also did the cover for Do Not Leave Baggage All the Way):

Here’s the tracklist:

1. They Got the Wrong Guy
2. The Fade to Black
3. Losing Eyeballs
4. I Blew Myself Up Over You
5. I Don’t Wanna Know About My City
6. Sell Us a Spaceship
7. Red Light
8. Elephants
9. Still Awake

I’ll try to get an mp3 or something out there real quick."

Discuss.

Comments

• Hah, I hate to be the first to post on my own topic, but... I just posted this comment on his entry. These are my thoughts:

"Possibly politically themed? –>

Title: Cantarell — biggest oil field in the world.

1) ‘They Got the Wrong Guy’ — Bush is an idiot.

2) ‘The Fade to Black’ — Black Tuesday

3) ‘Losing Eyeballs’ — well, I would too.

4) ‘I Blew Myself Up Over You’ — in a debate or in battle [LITERALLY].

5) ‘I Don’t Wanna Know About My City’ — after all the global warming scares, I wouldn’t either.

6) ‘Sell Us a Spaceship’ — jeez, seriously, let’s leave this corrupted world.

7) ‘Red Light’ — yellow one day, orange the next, and then red… SHIT.

8) ‘Elephants’ — duh.

9) ‘Still awake’ — all this idiocy would make me an insomniac as well.

Hah, all of this would be horribly funny if this album is not political in the least."
  • cant wait for this..
  • Rusty rocks...working with two bands at the same time ohmy.gif can't wait to hear the album
  • this is probably the greatest news ever. the shining spot on this exhausting and now terribly horrible day.
  • I wonder if SBR will have this for pre-order. Any guesses?
  • Becky-
    I'll find out for you smile.gif but I'm sure there will be. They know how excited everyone is for this album, the Gents had a pre-order, as did Rocketship Park
  • If there is no pre-order, I'll be SUPER surprised.
  • I figured that there would probably be a pre-order, but I wanted to know for certain so I could order two things at once instead of one at a time. I was gonna order DZUSA: DZUSA, but I realized I already picked it up at iTunes. So, I think I'll order me the new Benji Cossa CD. Hmmm, maybe an SBR shirt, too.

And I'm such a dork, I played with the shopping cart on SBR for a few minutes. I think it's following me...

This should really go in the YKYOW thread, but since I'm here and this is the last post with this status, ahem...
    YKYOW you're sad you aren't "And D!" anymore after this post.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 9 2008, 02:21 PM)
    This should really go in the YKYOW thread, but since I'm here and this is the last post with this status, ahem...
    YKYOW you're sad you aren't "And D!" anymore after this post.

HAHAHA - I had the SAME disappointment when I left the Run DMC series.
  • About time! I've been holding off buying the Rocketship Park CD because I wanted to wait until Andy released the new record.
  • Ripped from the Serious Business Records' news page:

The long awaited follow up to 2004's Do Not Leave Baggage All the Way should reach your hands, eyeballs and ear-holes by October 2008 but a firm release date isn't set yet.

Um, Happy Halloween!
  • aww, October's a long time away
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jun 13 2008, 03:59 AM)
    About time! I've been holding off buying the Rocketship Park CD because I wanted to wait until Andy released the new record.

You've got a while to wait, then. Just order RP now.

Guys, remember, they may have finished recording it, but it still needs to be mixed, mastered, and printed.
  • I wonder how many will be printed...
  • This makes me extremely happy. Oh joy!
  • Let’s Sit Down and Have Some Fish Tacos
    A few of quick updates:

This last weekend I shot a video for “The Fade to Black” which is going to be straight-up the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen. And just to be clear this adorableness has nothing to do with me: my level of adorableness is small and fixed, while the level of adorable we’re talking about is expanding and exponential. You’ll see what I mean soon enough. My good friend Eric Lane, whose past films have been featured at numerous festivals, directed the video.
    I’m gonna be putting up an MP3 from Cantarell next week.
    I’m gonna be announcing the Do Not Leave Baggage All the Way contest next week.
    The previous two items are related.
    The following is a picture I took of a menu item at the Beck-immortalized Zankou Chicken:

I didn’t order that.

Yes, the departure of Manny Ramirez, easily my favorite personality in all of baseball, from the Red Sox saddens me. This Onion article, does not.
    I plan on blogging more and regularly in the weeks ahead. Hold me to this. Complain if I don’t. I need your harassment. I do.
    So yeah, stay tuned next week. Oh, also, I have one more question for you all: which social sharing networks do you actually use (ie, del.icio.us, digg, reddit, Facebook share)? I feel like there are so many now, and I have circa-2005 understanding about which ones are popular. Fire some suggestions in the comments.
  • Everytime I see the title of this thread I get confused and think "Kim Cattrall." Then I start thinking this thread has something to do with "Sex and the City" instead of Andy. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 21 2008, 06:40 PM)
    Everytime I see the title of this thread I get confused and think "Kim Cattrall." Then I start thinking this thread has something to do with "Sex and the City" instead of Andy. laugh.gif

Well, Rose, you just made me think of sex and candy. And now sex and candy and Andy.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 21 2008, 05:53 PM)
    Well, Rose, you just made me think of sex and candy. And now sex and candy and Andy.

My work here is done.

...Mwa! Goodnight everybody. I'm also selling merch down in the lobby.
  • I like how Andy asked for social sharing/bookmarking sites, and everybody's giving him social networking sites.