In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 22 2008, 12:23 PM)
    I like how Andy asked for social sharing/bookmarking sites, and everybody's giving him social networking sites.

The Facebook option is what confused me. I don't use any of those sites, tbh.

GAAAAAHHHHHHHH I cannot wait for this album to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just needed to get that out there.
  • I'm such a dork, I wanna comment something on his SDR blog, but I can't think of anything witty. All I've got now is "Yay, the DNLBATW contest might finally happen".

Then again, I suppose I could just say something about the Cubs and that he should be prepared to send me one of his hoodies.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 26 2008, 11:07 AM)
    The Facebook option is what confused me. I don't use any of those sites, tbh.

Neither do I, actually, but LOTS AND LOTS of bloggers do, and it's a good way to get your stuff around the Internets these days. Which is probably what he's looking for.
  • So, umm, did anyone happen to see Andy's latest blog post?

And the new pictures posted on the SDR site?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 4 2008, 10:53 AM)
    So, umm, did anyone happen to see Andy's latest blog post?

I'm surprised people weren't shitting themselves about this circa 12 hours ago.
  • SERIOUSLY.
  • I just saw the new post this morning.

And now I have new wallpaper.
  • Z'OMG. I asked if I could fly to New York - my parents said no this time. *sigh*
    And I'm SO excited about the competition!
  • I can't wait for the contest. I'll force my friends to listen to the song, haha
  • I would seriously consider going, and I really want to, if it weren't 21+ sad.gif
  • for once... google alerts brought back the PROPER... Rusty Ross

http://neufutur.com/?p=4137
  • This should probably go into the YKYOW thread, but it's more fitting here.

Today is day two of me posting lame jokes on Andy's SDR blog. I wonder if he'll post something relatively soon. Or if I'll have to find a way to keep pulling random jokes out of my joke bag every day.

Hmmm, I should probably purchase a joke book.
  • the new song is absolute perfection.
    i'm in love with the sound. and i can not WAIT for the rest!!
  • Oh my god, The Fade To Black is incredible!! I love it.
    So upbeat and happy! smile.gif
  • I'm a big fan too. biggrin.gif
  • oh my, mind

shes blown!
  • Damn work for blocking MySpace! *shakes both fists*

I suppose I'll have to live in suspense until I get home.

Wonder if he posted because of my lame jokes...

Nah.

Addendum: I've heard it, a few times. I like it, but not in love with it. I need to listen to it a few more times. But I didn't fall for it like I did with 23.

Oh, Serious Business news says Cantarell is being released on November 11.
  • So here's what I want to say.

There is this one part in Travis' drumming that is BRILLIANT. Every time I hear it I love it more and more. It's a recurring motif. I'm not a drummer or anything, but the best way I can explain it is that most of the song is on quarter notes, but every now and then Travis moves into eighth notes, and I love it. It drives the sound forward for me. It's like "1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and" if you can hear what I'm talking about. I think the first time it's really obvious is in the breakdown after Andy says "you let it be known that you would leave with or without me". (BTW, I mean brilliant in the English way, like awesome, I don't think that there's anything particularly unusually clever about Eighth notes)

This song is going to be great for afternoon walks.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 17 2008, 11:59 PM)
    This song is going to be great for afternoon walks.

EXACTLY what I think. Ahhhh.
  • I like the new song a whole lot.

And I'm superexcited for the album.

And I'm supersupersuperjealous of you guys who get to see SDR liveeeee.
    Have fun!