In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 31 2008, 10:25 AM)
    Becky, you're awesome, and the B is TOTALLY for Becky.

I think that phrase won't be forgotten easily by Rusty...ever wink.gif

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 31 2008, 10:14 AM)
    Oh... Yeah, I read that part, but didn't think he was gonna put up everything. I wonder what others made that we haven't seen.

Me too, when Andy said, "I’m humbled that some of you went to these lengths." I was like blink.gif ? as I personally didn't go to any lengths, just homemade paint vids and one [de]motivational poster I reused for a webpage and that was it... (if I were Andy I will be totally going for that cookie...yum...)...actually I had an idea which included street vandalism but chickened out laugh.gif
  • All of your videos have been fantastic and amazing, so I am pretty sure, if not a super surprise person with the lost lusty dentist made something, you guys will get the CDs. I planned on making a great video in costumes, but I couldn't find the store on time, stupid work, stupid uni!! sad.gif
    Can't wait to hear about the results
  • le sigh..
    my original video idea never happened either. so you all had to suffer through me "singing" the other video i would have been wearing Angie's Homer Simpson mask, or my Burger King mask... haha

i will wait patiently... or try at least!
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM)
    All of your videos have been fantastic and amazing, so I am pretty sure, if not a super surprise person with the lost lusty dentist made something, you guys will get the CDs. I planned on making a great video in costumes, but I couldn't find the store on time, stupid work, stupid uni!! sad.gif
    Can't wait to hear about the results

Ditto!

I had 3 exams during the time the contest was going on so I tried my best, but I couldn't do a lot of things I wanted.

In any case, good luck to all of you guys! Everyone did an amazing job!
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM)
    a super surprise person with the lost lusty dentist made something

hmmm...now, who could that be? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 31 2008, 03:02 PM)
    hmmm...now, who could that be? laugh.gif

in the words of the great Nut, who posts on a different board, I AM SO CONFUSED!!

Should I or shouldn't I e-mail Mr.Ross about Teeny Ok Go? unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 31 2008, 07:19 PM)
    in the words of the great Nut, who posts on a different board, I AM SO CONFUSED!!

haha, I think you should!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 31 2008, 07:19 PM)

don't do it! I want a DNLBATW cd all for me me me! wink.gif
  • i love the cd. it's amazing.
    i haven't gotten through it all yet, but what i've heard... i love. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 2 2008, 04:36 PM)
    i love the cd. it's amazing.
    i haven't gotten through it all yet, but what i've heard... i love. smile.gif

I Blew Myself and Still Awake are falling into heavy rotation with Losing Eyeballs. What do you think of Blew and Still Awake?
  • i instantly liked I Blew Myself (ha, the way it's sung is so great) same goes for Losing Eyeballs...
    I actually really liked Still Awake too... the whole cd is fantastic. I love how involved Josh and Travis are, it's just... gah. That label has THE most talented people on it... LGKDja;lfjdls;fjlskdjflkadsjf
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 2 2008, 11:44 PM)
    gah. That label has THE most talented people on it... LGKDja;lfjdls;fjlskdjflkadsjf

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • My copy came today!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 2 2008, 08:44 PM)
    That label has THE most talented people on it... LGKDja;lfjdls;fjlskdjflkadsjf

Seriously. It's making me broke.
  • Anyone nervous? Anyone?
  • incredibly nervous, actually
  • Yup, I'm pretty nervous

Do you think we'll find out tomorrow maybe? He said this week, but then again, it did take him forever to finally start the contest after he promised it a couple different times. tongue.gif
  • Heh, Andy Andy. I hope he posts soon, too... mostly for that whole rip-the-bandaid-off-quickly effect. I'm horribly nervous.

Ok, guys, what else besides mayo is he repulsed by? I think we're all tapped outta mayo, and we need to start making empty threats again.

On a side note, I know he's super crazy busy, but I kinda expected a blog or something from him after the election. Hmm, oh wells.

• QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 7 2008, 08:01 AM)
    Ok, guys, what else besides mayo is he repulsed by? I think we're all tapped outta mayo, and we need to start making empty threats again.

... for a second I was like, wtf? he's repulsed by ME? sorry tongue.gif

pretty nervous too....
  • Well, I "threatened" him with lame jokes and I only shot off two before he updated. So, try some lame jokes and see if that works, again.

And yes, I'm nervous too.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 7 2008, 07:22 AM)
    ... for a second I was like, wtf? he's repulsed by ME? sorry tongue.gif

pretty nervous too....

I have been wondering why you haven't taken the opportunity to mention exactly that on the mayo for breakfast blog laugh.gif

so, are we planning on making threats to Rusty again? *smiles devilishly* Here are some other things Rusty is repulsed by: nicotine, Rick Astley songs, the Yankees baseball team, Paul Wolfowitz and I bet Sarah Palin. I've noticed he also dislikes very much to be called "adorabubble" laugh.gif I remember something in his blog about he hating overtly sweet angsty music...let me look if I find the blog *looking* *searching* *reading* A-HA! smile.gif :

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Young Angst Vs. Angus Young
    I was remarking the other day that it seened like the era of stale modern rock had finally passed. You know what I'm talking about:

Take Pearl Jam, strip away anything good, then add anger. Taste. Then add way too much melodrama. Stir for nine years. Spit up.

Indeed, empirical observations throughout the tour showed that rock radio was less cringe-worthy than it had been in years. My theory was coming along nicely... Enter Florida. I realize that a lot of the heavy-hitters from this era were spawned in the Sunshine State, but that doesn't excuse you. The radio station we listened to during our soundcheck dumped a noxious stream of unlistenable angst into our tender ears. I cried, smashed a chair, and cried again. And then I lifted both fists to heaven and let out a long, deep-throated howl because people don't understand me. And then I cried some more. And then I smashed another chair.

Now, what have we learned from this ladies? I believe, as an indie musician, when Rusty dislikes prefab music, he really hates it. I say, we should start writting lyrics and posting youtube links to Together Forever, Never Gonna Give You Up...also that Europa song The Final Countdown and maybe some old Madonna like Vogue or like a virgin and stuff like that.... I'm planning on looking out for that Barbie and the Rockers commercial where barbie sings rock songs laugh.gif

oh yes, I'm a total scamp, I've even heard I can be quite snarky. wink.gif