In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• OH Fanatical, are you Carla???? I've been on IM and the phone with people all night saying "Who on earth is Carla???"

Well, not all night. But you know what I mean. Awesome job. I bow to your superior Kung-fu.
  • I was so close!...lucky number six LOL ...oh well wink.gif

Congrats Carla, Becky and Frau Mayo!!!! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 12 2008, 08:52 PM)
    I've been on IM and the phone with people all night saying "Who on earth is Carla???"

Well, not all night. But you know what I mean. Awesome job. I bow to your superior Kung-fu.

Yes'm, I am.

^^ and thanks!

&& I must say, I loved your cover. Wonderfully performed :] You have a mellifluous voice.

• yay! congrats you three!

oh, and hi carla, it's nice to meet you!

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 12 2008, 08:52 PM)
    I've been on IM and the phone with people all night saying "Who on earth is Carla???"

True story.

EDIT: Also, just watched Rosa's vid. I mean, I was pretty close to hysterical laughter, and I loathe the Sox. So that's saying something.
  • AHHHHH Congratulations, everyone, especially Carla, Becky and Susi!!

Love the blog as well with Andy's take on our little individual efforts. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 12 2008, 11:56 PM)
    EDIT: Also, just watched Rosa's vid. I mean, I was pretty close to hysterical laughter, and I loathe the Sox. So that's saying something.

Thanks! smile.gif I didn't know anything about baseball before making that vid and now I'm like, "Rusty didn't get Pesky? as if! sheesh...." LOL

Has anybody watched "Whose line is it anyways?" I feel like my vid gave me some extra "points" of the type Drew talks about in his show. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

• QUOTE (Fanatical @ Nov 12 2008, 09:28 PM)
    Yes'm, I am.

^^ and thanks!

&& I must say, I loved your cover. Wonderfully performed :] You have a mellifluous voice.

Well thanks, Carla. smile.gif Flattery will get you everywhere, LOL!
  • i just got canarell from hensocks, my okgo partner in crime, and i'm so excited!
    i think i'm going to risk waking up the sleeping people and listen to it right now
    but that means i'm going to have to take out Oh No...
    i'll have to make that sacrifice!
  • Eytan Oren interviews Andy about Cantarell. Eytan also asks about DNLBATW and OK Go. It's just under 50 minutes. Very good interview and SDR plays live. Hear/watch 23, Blew Myself and Shitty Ass Balls.

Check it here: http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/62756-musici...oogle-andy-ross

or here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTSZOwMEW8 (if you check it here, turn off the lights)

Forgot to mention: Watch Travis while he drums and I love Josh's shoulder moves while he plays.
  • wow, I LOVE it, thanks Becky.
    wub.gif

Now I really really really wanna see them play live!
  • i've been listening to cantarell nonstop since i got it a few days ago
    rusty's voice sounds a little, um, immature,
    but i don't really even notice that anymore

now i can't wait for the whole band's album
    it's going to be so exciting!!!
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Nov 17 2008, 03:36 AM)
    rusty's voice sounds a little, um, immature,
    but i don't really even notice that anymore

It is a big softer this time around. Boy needs to enunciate a bit, lol.

QUOTE (heydoofball @ Nov 15 2008, 01:55 AM)
    i just got canarell from hensocks, my okgo partner in crime, and i'm so excited!

Come onnnnnnnn, it's $13, shipping included! $14 with shipping if you order it from Insound.

Don't mean to be insistent or anything..... huh.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 17 2008, 10:49 AM)
    Boy needs to enunciate a bit, lol.

I thought I was the only one who thought this.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 15 2008, 10:04 AM)
    Eytan Oren interviews Andy about Cantarell. Eytan also asks about DNLBATW and OK Go. It's just under 50 minutes. Very good interview and SDR plays live. Hear/watch 23, Blew Myself and Shitty Ass Balls.

Check it here: http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/62756-musici...oogle-andy-ross

or here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTSZOwMEW8 (if you check it here, turn off the lights)

Forgot to mention: Watch Travis while he drums and I love Josh's shoulder moves while he plays.

I definitely got way too excited when I saw the mandolin and I laughed when Eytan put OK Go and u tilize in the same sentence.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 17 2008, 10:52 PM)
    I laughed when Eytan put OK Go and u tilize in the same sentence.

laugh.gif ME TOO!!!!!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 17 2008, 08:49 AM)
    Come onnnnnnnn, it's $13, shipping included! $14 with shipping if you order it from Insound.

Don't mean to be insistent or anything..... huh.gif

well, see, she's saving up to buy both herself and I some third albums. Right, Doofball?? Right?!
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 18 2008, 12:44 AM)
    well, see, she's saving up to buy both herself and I some third albums. Right, Doofball?? Right?!

To me, that doesn't make sense. I don't mean to attack you, but watch that interview between Andy and Eytan. OK Go 3 is coming out on a major label, with major backing, and you've got lots of time to save up for a copy as we don't know when it's coming out. For that matter, they haven't even finished production/mixing, I'd imagine. But Andy laid out the money for this one on his own. Yeah, it's on a label, but he is the co-owner of that label, so all the promotion costs and printing and exceedingly high expense of putting out a decent CD came out of Andy's own pocket. If it's a choice between which one to buy off the bat and which one to "borrow", that's a very easy decision to make.

I'd say the exact same thing between any indie artist/major-label-backed artist choice, truthfully. Support the little guys.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 08:30 AM)
    Support the little guys.

You callin' Andy little? wink.gif
    He's 5'11". Clearly, he's tall. tongue.gif

But yes, I agree that you should all buy Cantarell. Not only because Andy made it but because it's rad. Yes, I used 80's terminology.
  • *guilty* I have not bought it yet.

See, I'm trying to space out my spending sprees- I bought a t-shirt last week, and some music off of iTunes (plus a t-shirt for a school thing) this week, so maybe Cantarell comes next week?
    That's my plan at least. And my excuse

But I'm fully planning on buying it eventually.

And I agree that it'd be better to buy Cantarell than a possibly-sometime-in-the-future major label album.

whooooooo