In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 23 2008, 07:24 PM)
    Wait, I missed that?!

We were still talking at the club. I coulda sworn you were still there. Anyway, I found out why he doesn't like the stuff. Something about oily and creamy being together.

And yes, "She's the 1" is the best. It's been stuck in my head for days. *sigh* Why is this not on an album? Seriously.

QUOTE (Rebekker @ Dec 23 2008, 07:48 PM)
    haha!!! That is AWESOME, Becky!!!!! laugh.gif

Actually, it's more, um, creamy.

A few vids are up. I was debating with keeping "She's the 1" as private, but I thought, if he performed it live at a free show, he shouldn't have any qualms with me posting it on YouTube. And well, if he does, he knows how to contact me.

Click on the titles to get to the vids.

Guyballs
    twenty three
    She's the 1 You MUST watch this one. It will be stuck in your head for days, in a very good way of course. Love, love, love it.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 24 2008, 04:32 AM)
    She's the 1 You MUST watch this one. It will be stuck in your head for days, in a very good way of course. Love, love, love it.

good song!
    it's fun to see aross front and center instead of off in the corner shadowed by the great aura of greatness shining off of what we call damian (hurricane) hulash
    lol
  • coming out of my hiatus for ONE post...

for this thread....

i missed another one. fuck this.
    hi Andy. hi SBR... maybe i'll meet you. but probably not.
  • Katie, we love you and we missed you very much. You *WILL* make it out here someday, I am certain. I've got a good feeling about the SDR shows.

Katy, you were off talking to Travis when Becky was having the Mayonnaise conversation, I believe. Becky, I'm super-glad you decided to come for Latkepalooza. How awesome was it that the Ser Biz show turned out to be the night before? wink.gif

As for me, well, Saturday night was quite possibly one of the best nights ever. Happy Chanukah to me!

I found this review this morning and it cracked me up: http://chicago.metromix.com/music/cd_revie.../824534/content. It is funny because it mentions Andy's ancestor on the Mayflower.
  • Here are the rest from the Ser Biz Holiday Party and Revue:

Shitty Ass Balls
    Blew Myself

Katie, we really missed you and wish you were there. I showed Andy your text. I'll say thanks because now I know why he doesn't like mayo.

And no kidding Rach, whoda thunk that would work out so well? I concur, Saturday was THE best night EVAR!
  • HEY BECKY!
    I want that write-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (and thx for sharing the vids smile.gif )
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 25 2008, 09:16 AM)
    HEY BECKY!

If I can get to it, I will. For now, have some Unsacred Hearts vids:

Stuck Inside a Mobile Home with the Mansion Blues Again
    Heart of the City
    Secret Dakota Ring / No Chance
    Point of Pride and then Plug Me In

Hope y'all enjoy!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 25 2008, 10:16 AM)
    HEY BECKY!

Will you take one from me?

Becky flew out for the show, Amy or azulaco drove up with us, and Katy met us there with her boyfriend. Adam was already in NY having visited his family that day, so he met up with us at Webster Hall. Upon arrival, we saw Travis first. I got a hug from him, and introduced him to Amy and Becky (although he'd already met Becky once before).

Boshra Al-Saadi of Looker opened the evening with a Dylan cover, and then The Octagon took the stage. They did a very interesting cover version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - so interesting in fact that Adam leaned over to me and said "Is this a *Christmas* song?!" After they were done, Joe Willie and Dave Siegel of the Unsacred Hearts got up and did "1000 Hot Babies" to give Rocketship Park a minute to get on stage. Rocketship Park is one of my favorite Ser Biz acts. Oh that is a poor statement to make because I love them ALL. ALL I say. But oh HOW I love Rocketship Park. They played my favorite, "Spinning Globes With You", which is not on any CD and never fails to make me SUPER Happy. Then Benji Cossa got up to sing 3 Christmas songs. After Benji, Rocketship Park got back on stage, except they stood in different places so that they would be Higgins. No, Seriously, that's pretty much the case. There are 4 guys who are in both bands. At the CMJ show in October, Josh Kaufman said to me "I know, it's like 'hey man, it's like get some new friends!'" I love Higgins too; it's really cool that two bands that have essentially the same line-up have such different styles. I think it's a testament to the fact that the frontmen of each group, Kevin Fish and Josh, are the driving force behind the style of the bands. Adam, however, being unable to pass up an opportunity to make jokes, kept coming up with different ways to combine the names Higgins, Rocketship Park, and The Unsacred Hearts, because he thinks the overlap is funny. Next up was Secret Dakota Ring, and even though they played a shorter set than in September, it still made me happy. Incidentally, 3 of the 4 guys in Higginship Park stayed on stage for Secret Dakota Ring's set, because they're in his band too. Becky's got a few vids of SDR's set posted on Youtube. Seeing "23" performed live will never ever get old, because that song is just beautiful in every way. After SDR's all-too-short set, Josh Kaufman stayed on stage AGAIN because his wife Annie joined him to perform as Jack and the Pulpits - their duo that put out a short EP earlier this year. At long last, The Unsacred Hearts came on stage and played several songs from back when Andy was first their bassist. At the CMJ show in October, I told Joe Willie, their lead singer, that their song "Somewhere Deep in NYC" was worth the drive from Delaware all on its own. So I was a tad disappointed not to hear it, but at least I heard "Point Of Pride" which is my other favorite. What's great about that song is that it's got a killer bassline and this call-and-response thing going on. Usually Andy Bean sings the responses, but he wasn't there that night. I guess no one knew what to sing, because I heard Travis tell someone "Just mimic what Joe says". The thing is that you can't understand what the hell Joe says. Listen, you'll understand. Here is a link to download the song Legally For Free from The Unsacred Hearts' site. See what I mean? So the song came out to be a whole lot of "hfnfbh dhsgoahn dshowetls sdahgoiarghw". Note to self, review the lyrics to "Point of Pride" so that I can jump in if I'm ever needed, LOL! After the Hearts' set the Homosexuals took the stage. I am not a huge fan of theirs, but I have to say that Bruno's growing on me with his Crazy English ways. Especially with song lyrics like "Don't touch my hair" and "You're not moving the way that you're supposed to." Katy and I have way too much fun with those.

After all the bands had played, we all kind of waited around, hoping to see/talk to Andy. While we were waiting, I saw Eytan Oren, Andy's Keyboard player, and so since I knew he was Jewish I went over to wish him a Happy Chanukah. This is literally a transcript of the conversation.
    R: Happy Chanukah, Eytan!
    E: Hey, I saw that picture of you with the Setlist, it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen in my life.
    R: Funny good funny, or funny weird funny?
    E: No it was good on a few different levels. :-)

Weird.

Finally Becky spotted Andy and sent me over to break the ice. So I walked over to him, put my hand on his shoulder and said "Hi Andy." He turned around, saw it was me, and LIT UP. I mean this Huge smile came on his face, and he said "Hey! Great job on that cover! (referring to that video I did for the Fade To Black Contest) You sing it even better than I did!"

G-d only knows how, but I kept my cool. I didn't freak out, or get stupid and mushy, or lose composure. I smiled back and thanked Andy for the compliment. The rest of this conversation is a little sketchy in terms of remembering details and order, but.

I got Andy to sign a CD for Nolan, my friend Caitlin's darling little 4-year-old, and he wrote "Dear Nolan, You Rock! Rusty Ross". Then Becky, Amy, Katy, and Adam all came over and I said 'Oh hey, Andy, you've met my husband before, but this is Adam." They both smiled and shook hands, then Adam started asking about the upcoming OK Go CD. Andy said "It's awesome, but different. Just keep an open mind about it." Then we got on the topic of their upcoming East Coast tour.

Andy: You live South of here, right?
    Rachel: Yeah, I live in Delaware.
    A: We're not playing in Delaware
    R: I know, but you're playing Philly which is like 20 minutes away.
    A: Where are we playing in Philly?
    R: The TLA. First night of the tour!
    A: Good, we'll see you then! (turns to Katy) Aren't you at Smith?
    K: No, I graduated.
    A: So where are you?
    K: Jersey. Well, here.
    A: Great, we're playing Brooklyn too.
    K: Yeah, we know Andy. We're gonna be there.
    A: (looks at me) We? Are you gonna be there?
    R: Yeah. We've kind of got a road trip planned.
    A: Are you coming to ALL the East Coast shows?
    R: No.
    A: Which ones *aren't* you going to?
    R: Toad's Place, New Haven.
    A: And why not?
    R: Because I feel there should be limits.
    A: They just added a Portland (Maine) show. Are you going to that one?
    R: Why, do you want me to be there, Andy?
    A: Portland's a bit of a stretch for you, isn't it?
    R: Well yeah, but it feels like you're challenging me, Andy.
    A: Haha, I'm not challenging you, Rachel. (This is bullshit. He was totally encouraging me to attend all the shows.)

At some point around now, Travis came over to Andy and said "hey, ARoss, we're leaving." So we all gave Andy hugs and headed back home.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 26 2008, 04:40 PM)
    The Octagon took the stage. They did a very interesting cover version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - so interesting in fact that Adam leaned over to me and said "Is this a *Christmas* song?!"

Um, that was an amazing version and I really wish I had a recording of it. sad.gif Also, I'm glad The Oct is back to playing shows, even with one man down.

What's great about that song is that it's got a killer bassline and this call-and-response thing going on. Usually Andy Bean sings the responses, but he wasn't there that night. I guess no one knew what to sing, because I heard Travis tell someone "Just mimic what Joe says". The thing is that you can't understand what the hell Joe says. Listen, you'll understand. Here is a link to download the song Legally For Free from The Unsacred Hearts' site. See what I mean? So the song came out to be a whole lot of "hfnfbh dhsgoahn dshowetls sdahgoiarghw". Note to self, review the lyrics to "Point of Pride" so that I can jump in if I'm ever needed, LOL!

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED?? I thought I heard totally random goobledegook coming from onstage, but I didn't want to say anything, haha.

Katy and I have way too much fun with those.

If by "have a good time," you mean "randomly touch each others' hair and yell at each other across the merch table," then I concur. wink.gif

Then Becky, Amy, Katy, and Adam all came over

Oh, this must've been when he tried to STEAL MY PURSE FROM BECKY. I was standing there like, "Andy, that's my bag. And-y Ross, give me my bag! ANDREW ROSS, UNHAND MY BAG!" Except I don't think he heard me.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 26 2008, 10:34 PM)
    Oh, this must've been when he tried to STEAL MY PURSE FROM BECKY. I was standing there like, "Andy, that's my bag. And-y Ross, give me my bag! ANDREW ROSS, UNHAND MY BAG!" Except I don't think he heard me.

Katy, I didn't even hear you. It was a kind of interesting tug of war betwixt he and I. Sadly, I don't think the bag went with his ensemble.

And now here's my write-up copied and pasted from mine el jay:

As most of you have read, I flew out to the East Coast yet again this weekend for the Serious Business Holiday Party and Revue. Eric drove me to the airport for my flight to Philly at 11:35am on Saturday morning. We made it to the airport with no hitches along the way, I got cleared from security and sat my happy little ass at my gate until it was time to board.

On the way to the airport I had a feeling like I was gonna vomit. Luckily, I didn't. I haven't really felt like that in a while, so nervous that I was gonna puke. So, my mind was racing with all these different ideas that something bad was gonna happen, like my plane was gonna go down on the return flight. Obviously nothing bad happened as I'm here writing this blog entry.

Got off the plane, went potty, called Rachel and found out that she and Amy had just gotten to the airport. So, I head downstairs and wait at the arrivals area for them. They pick me up and we head out towards Jersey. We talk along the way about this and that. I kept debating whether I should wear a dress with my amazing boots or a pair of brown corduroys, a pretty flowy top and a pair of mary janes I had picked up on Thursday. We went to a rest stop and I changed into the dress and boots. I'm pretty sure I looked nice, but really couldn't tell as I didn't have time to do hair and make-up and there were no long vertical mirrors. I get some water so I'm hydrated for the show. Continue to think about what I'm wearing and remembering that I can change in the car.

We head back out and go to the PATH station to take the train to NYC. I end up changing in the car which was a damn good idea as it was freezing out. Not as cold as it is currently in Chicago, but too cold to wear the dress I was wearing.

I end up purchasing my very own metrocard to board the PATH and later the NY Subway. And now when I hear Le Tigre's My My Metrocard I'll actually have one and can be retarded and sing to it. Yes, I know. We get on the train in pretty much the nick of time. See, there were a few metrocard vending machines, but there were lines at each of them. And lucky me, I get behind two guys that don't know what they're doing. Granted, they may have been visiting like I was, but it wasn't hard to figure out.

We hop off the PATH and transfer to the subway. While waiting for the train, Rachel shows me on the map where we were, where we were in September, where we were going that night and where Serious Business Records studio is located. Train arrives, we hop on and get seats. I may or may not have exercised that I was nervous that Andy may think me a super-stalker. We get off at our stop and go to get some food before the show. We end up at Quizno's and I get a Sammy or whatever the $2 sandwich is. It wasn't bad. I wasn't really hungry but figured I should probably get something in my stomach. After I'm done eating I do my hair and make-up.

We head out and search for the venue. It was only a block or two away and we were there. Was ID'd at the door and we go in. It is FREEZING in the venue. The majority of the people that were there had their coats on. I took mine off and managed not to freeze to death. We got there just before the show actually started, so we did pretty good on time. Up first was Boshra al Saadi of Looker. She did a cover of Bob Dylan's "Daddy You Been On My Mind". Unfortunately there were some technical issues to begin with, but it ended up working out. She did very well.

Up next was The Octagon. They did an excellent cover of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". I kinda wish I taped it. Oh well. After them was Rocketship Park. I've only heard a few of their songs. They were excellent live. Next was Benji Cossa. He only did three Christmas songs. Josh Kaufman and his wife helped out on guitars. Then we got to see Higgins, which is Rocketship Park but with Kevin Fish at lead vocals instead of Josh Kaufman.

Then it's Secret Dakota Ring. Color me excited. For the previous acts I was standing with Amy and Rachel alternately. We were on stage right and then stage left by the bar. Then Amy says that we should go front and center so that we get good pictures. I think, sure, put me right in front of Andy so he can see me and think me ill in the head. But I go anyway as she has a very valid point. I ended up taking mainly video. The lighting was pretty crappy, so to take good pictures you had to use flash and that just gets annoying after a while.

SDR's set list was:
    Losing Eyeballs
    She's the One (unreleased song)
    I Don't Wanna Know About My City
    I Blew Myself Up Over You
    The Fade to Black

I taped them all with the exception of TFtB. I had to sing that song so many times for the contest and it's just all over the place, so I figured I could live without that one.

I'm sure I'm crazy and he was looking over my head, but I swear to god that he was staring at me for the majority of his set. Since the lights were so crappy, the bands could see the audience. So, what do I do? I sing along to all of his songs, except She's the One because I don't know it as it's not on any albums. But now that I have video of it, I will try my damndest to rip the music and make an mp3. It was so exhilarating to hear the songs live again and be able to sing along with them. Not to mention being looked at by bliss.

After his set, Jack and the Pulpits were up. It's Josh Kaufman and his wife and they sang a song or two. It was really sweet. After them was The Unsacred Hearts. And Andy played bass for them. Also, when he got to his post he gave me a little lookie-loo with a nod as if to say, "Hey, nice to see you" or "Hey, you're one helluva crazy chick to come all the way out here for this". They played a good portion of the songs I knew. I also got a lot of video of them. However, I will need to really listen to them to figure out which song is which as Joe Willie isn't the best at enunciation. Their set was very high energy and it was refreshing to see Andy play the bass. Up next were The Homosexuals. I had no idea what to expect as I'd never listened to their music before. I really liked them. I'll probably pick up their album in the future.

Then that was the show. We mingled for a while and had no idea what to do next. The bands were getting their shit together. Rachel and I were looking for Andy for various reasons, but I didn't really wanna go and talk to him for fear of reprimand. I ended up spotting him and sent Rachel over to him. Rachel had purchased a copy of Cantarell for her co-worker's son Nolan, who is (4) four and loves "They Got the Wrong Guy". I don't know exactly what they talked about as I stayed behind with Amy and Adam and was watching Katy's bag. But she did let me know that they were talking about her following OK Go around the east coast on their tour in March. She also told him about Nolan. Andy didn't believe it but signed the CD anyway. I finally made my way over and stood there waiting for him to recognize me. I didn't want to interrupt his convo with Rachel and Katy, not to mention I didn't want to be rude.

When I had walked over I also was carrying Katy's purse so it didn't grow legs and walk away. We were standing in a sort of circle, on my left was Andy then Katy then Rachel then Amy and back to me. So, I thrust my hand through the circle to Katy to give her her purse. And then Andy grabs it. Along with my hand. This surprised me. A lot. He says thank you for the bag though it really isn't his style or something like that. I say that it's not for him. Then he says that he wants it and has accepted it. I must have gone beet red or something. But I finally tell Katy to take her bag and he relents and lets her have it.

I'm not real sure of the course of conversation, but I remember snippets of it and I'm just gonna put it all in here. We talked about mayonnaise. Katie C had texted me about a shot called "smoker's cough", which is Jager and Mayo. He got the most disgusted look on his face. I asked why he disliked it so much, he said that it was because it was oily and creamy, two things that shouldn't be together. He likes them separately, just not mixed together.

He said something about me coming out to see his show. I said that I was actually in town for Rachel's Hanukkah party. He probably rolled his eyes and then asked what I got her for Hanukkah, I told him that I was Catholic, a lapsed Catholic (like that excludes me from giving a Hanukkah gift). I told him that she was making latkes and I'd never had one before.

We talked about the contest, I didn't bring it up, it was either him or Rachel that did so. Then it hit him that I was one of the winners. He said congratulations and said that he hasn't sent anything out because one of the shirts to choose from wasn't ready yet. I told him that it didn't matter to me because none of the shirts fit me anyway. He said that he was sure they would. I said no, they only go up to X. He was sure that there were other sizes. I said no, I've been to the webpage, the shirts only go up to X and I'm a deuce. He said that he would figure something out. Then he asked me what I wanted. I had assumed he meant the "personal" prize, so I told him that I wanted one of his hoodies. Which of course reminded him of how crappy my Cubs did. And of course he made fun of them. I had to agree as they did suck for those three games. However I contended that they may not have won, but they did get into October and he had to agree with that. So, yeah, I might be getting one of his old hoodies. Cross your fingers.

Then Travis came by and said that they needed to get back to the Studio. So, we hugged and parted ways.

We catch a cab, get on the PATH, get to the car and drive home. I thought for sure that I would nod off in the two hour drive home. Nope, Rachel, Amy and I were too busy talking. And when an OK Go or SDR song came on we sang along. I was really glad that he wasn't frightened by me flying out yet again for an SDR show. We get home and I watch the vids that I took. And "She's the One" has been stuck in my head ever since. Which is good because I like it a lot. Change the futon couch into futon bed. I lay down and try my hardest to fall asleep. Which was hard considering the very awesome night that was had.

I forgot to mention the banter between Andy and Eytan. Andy had asked about Christmas shopping or something like that. He said that he and Eytan had gone to Victoria's Secret to get stuff and felt weird because they were two white guys shopping in Victoria's Secret. And it was even more weird because neither of them have girlfriends. But it was ultimately okay because they were going to exchange gifts later. Then Andy corrected that the bit about the not having girlfriends wasn't completely true. And then I think I heard "for one of them". Eh, whatever. It was funny.

Gah, I'm so very glad that I decided to go. I just know that if I hadn't I'd be beating myself up right now.

Aren't we the cutest?
    Katy, Amy, me and Rachel
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 26 2008, 11:34 PM)
    Um, that was an amazing version and I really wish I had a recording of it. sad.gif Also, I'm glad The Oct is back to playing shows, even with one man down.

Sorry, I don't get very enthusiastic over Christmas music as a general rule. It was a very cool cover. Way better than My Chemical Romance's version of "All I Want For Christmas Is You". What happened with The Oct, anyway? I never heard anything.

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED?? I thought I heard totally random goobledegook coming from onstage, but I didn't want to say anything, haha.

Andy Bean is no longer allowed to skip Hearts shows, unless they want me to sing his parts.

UNHAND MY BAG??? How did *I* miss that??? Maybe I wasn't as cool and collected as I thought...

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 27 2008, 12:52 AM)
    I'm pretty sure I looked nice, but really couldn't tell as I didn't have time to do hair and make-up and there were no long vertical mirrors. I get some water so I'm hydrated for the show. Continue to think about what I'm wearing and remembering that I can change in the car.

For what it's worth, you really did look great. But your eventual choice of outfit was a better choice all around for many reasons.

Then it's Secret Dakota Ring. Color me excited. For the previous acts I was standing with Amy and Rachel alternately. We were on stage right and then stage left by the bar. Then Amy says that we should go front and center so that we get good pictures. I think, sure, put me right in front of Andy so he can see me and think me ill in the head. But I go anyway as she has a very valid point.

Amy's fangirl limits have been severely stretched by NIN. Next thing we know she'll be flying to Des Moines. (xx, love you Amy)

Rachel had purchased a copy of Cantarell for her co-worker's son Nolan, who is (4) four and loves "They Got the Wrong Guy". I don't know exactly what they talked about as I stayed behind with Amy and Adam and was watching Katy's bag. But she did let me know that they were talking about her following OK Go around the east coast on their tour in March. She also told him about Nolan. Andy didn't believe it but signed the CD anyway.

He totally believed me about Nolan, or at least I think he did. Why do you think he didn't? It's true, at any rate. Nolan is the coolest 4-year-old in the universe. And he loved the CD. We just can't let him listen to "Elephants".

He said something about me coming out to see his show. I said that I was actually in town for Rachel's Hanukkah party. He probably rolled his eyes and then asked what I got her for Hanukkah, I told him that I was Catholic, a lapsed Catholic (like that excludes me from giving a Hanukkah gift). I told him that she was making latkes and I'd never had one before.

I made the lame joke about your present being your "presence". Because I'm AWESOME.

We talked about the contest, I didn't bring it up, it was either him or Rachel that did so. Then it hit him that I was one of the winners. He said congratulations and said that he hasn't sent anything out because one of the shirts to choose from wasn't ready yet.

As I remember things, it was him. We were talking about Chanukah and all of a sudden he said "Oh hey, you won the contest! What do you want?"

Then Travis came by and said that they needed to get back to the Studio. So, we hugged and parted ways.

I forgot to mention that Andy hugged me, smiled, and said "See you in March." W00t. I would really like it to be March now, I won't lie.

Aren't we the cutest?

You guys are. I think I look a little psycho in that shot. I'll fill in the detail that that shot was taken by Zack Mexico of the Octagon.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 27 2008, 12:52 AM)
    But now that I have video of it, I will try my damndest to rip the music and make an mp3.

Oh, I already have.

When I had walked over I also was carrying Katy's purse so it didn't grow legs and walk away. We were standing in a sort of circle, on my left was Andy then Katy then Rachel then Amy and back to me. So, I thrust my hand through the circle to Katy to give her her purse. And then Andy grabs it. Along with my hand. This surprised me. A lot. He says thank you for the bag though it really isn't his style or something like that. I say that it's not for him. Then he says that he wants it and has accepted it. I must have gone beet red or something. But I finally tell Katy to take her bag and he relents and lets her have it.

OH THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED? aross and I will have words. WORDS!

I forgot to mention the banter between Andy and Eytan. Andy had asked about Christmas shopping or something like that. He said that he and Eytan had gone to Victoria's Secret to get stuff and felt weird because they were two white guys shopping in Victoria's Secret. And it was even more weird because neither of them have girlfriends. But it was ultimately okay because they were going to exchange gifts later. Then Andy corrected that the bit about the not having girlfriends wasn't completely true. And then I think I heard "for one of them". Eh, whatever. It was funny.

AHAHAHAHA I almost forgot about that.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 27 2008, 10:42 AM)
    What happened with The Oct, anyway? I never heard anything.

One of their dudes...moved away or something. I'm not sure.

UNHAND MY BAG??? How did *I* miss that??? Maybe I wasn't as cool and collected as I thought...

Dude, NOBODY heard me.

As I remember things, it was him. We were talking about Chanukah and all of a sudden he said "Oh hey, you won the contest! What do you want?"

Clearly a logical segue.
  • aw, sounds like tons of fun you guys smile.gif
    awesome write-ups and all!

love the tagged picture of mayonnaise, Becky. That's priceless biggrin.gif

The East Coast road trip will be epic, for sure. I can't wait for the Noho/Boston dates...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 27 2008, 09:42 AM)
    He totally believed me about Nolan, or at least I think he did. Why do you think he didn't? It's true, at any rate. Nolan is the coolest 4-year-old in the universe. And he loved the CD. We just can't let him listen to "Elephants".

I know I wouldn't believe that a 4-year-old would like something that deep if I didn't see it with mine own eyes. Nolan holds title of cutest SDR fan.

I made the lame joke about your present being your "presence". Because I'm AWESOME.

I so didn't hear that. And yes, you are teh awesome.

Tres cool.

You guys are. I think I look a little psycho in that shot. I'll fill in the detail that that shot was taken by Zack Mexico of the Octagon.

You do not look psycho! And that's a fun little factoid. I knew he looked like one of the many band members that were there, just didn't know which band.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 27 2008, 11:19 AM)
    Oh, I already have.

What did you use? Vixy.net isn't working for me right now.

When you do have words, let him know that the bag totally clashed with his outfit.

AHAHAHAHA I almost forgot about that.

I think I've been scar-ed and will never forget it.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 27 2008, 07:55 PM)
    aw, sounds like tons of fun you guys smile.gif
    awesome write-ups and all!

love the tagged picture of mayonnaise, Becky. That's priceless biggrin.gif

It was really the most fun. I don't think aross will be too happy about the mayo. Oh well.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 28 2008, 03:27 PM)
    What did you use? Vixy.net isn't working for me right now.

Vixy is temperamental. I used listentoyoutube.com. But I'll just up it for you:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5342020217c1d424/
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 27 2008, 12:19 PM)

laugh.gif And this is why we hang out. I would come up to NY to see just about any band with you, Katy.

Dude, NOBODY heard me.

Oh, hey Katy, are you here?

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 28 2008, 03:27 PM)
    I know I wouldn't believe that a 4-year-old would like something that deep if I didn't see it with mine own eyes. Nolan holds title of cutest SDR fan.

Nolan also holds the title of Most Awesome Person Born in 2004. Because I said so.

You do not look psycho! And that's a fun little factoid. I knew he looked like one of the many band members that were there, just didn't know which band.

At any rate I'm making a dumb face. In other news? Zack used to know who I am, and does not appear to remember anymore, which is kinda sad.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 28 2008, 09:41 PM)
    Vixy is temperamental. I used listentoyoutube.com. But I'll just up it for you:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5342020217c1d424/

Muchas gracias!
  • Sorry if this has already been posted. I've gotten very far behind on this thread from my recent 8 week trans-American adventure. Well, too much of a good thing is always a great thing, so here ya go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTSZOwMEW8
  • aha! Yes, this is where this thread's at. Thanks, Becky!
    Anyways, I already posted this elsewhere, but since this would be the proper place to put it:
    I got my prize for participating in the contest. I don't know what's in it yet, cuz it got sent to my home and not college. My mom called me asking what I ordered from Serious Business this morning, haha. So, I'm gonna have to wait til I go home to see what I got. Hopefully I can go home this next weekend for Easter and stuff.
  • hmmm i haven't gotten anything.