In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• I just realized that he said the "creative element produced some truly weird and awesome ideas." [Bold emphasis mine] I wonder what he thought was weird. I know mine was "special".

I guess I'll have to wait to find out when he finally posts about it.
  • I think the Loosing Eyeballs jack o lantern counts as weird...I though it was totally awesome, I think whomever made it is totally going to win this. (who was it btw, Katie?)
  • i made the SDR/Fade to Black pumpkin smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 7 2008, 05:15 PM)
    I think the Loosing Eyeballs jack o lantern counts as weird...I though it was totally awesome, I think whomever made it is totally going to win this. (who was it btw, Katie?)

'Twas me.

I guess that makes my stuff "special" and weird. It's like being in high school all over again.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 7 2008, 02:09 PM)
    I just realized that he said the "creative element produced some truly weird and awesome ideas." ...I wonder what he thought was weird.

Placing dental fillings that play "The Fade to Black" whenever the person opens his/her mouth is not weird. Turning people into walking Halmark cards is not weird. It is avant-garde. I am an early trendsetter on the fashion/rock/dental scene, that is all.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 7 2008, 06:22 AM)
    ... for a second I was like, wtf? he's repulsed by ME? sorry tongue.gif

pretty nervous too....

Awww, no, never! Andy loves Miss Mayo!

QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 7 2008, 10:38 AM)
    I have been wondering why you haven't taken the opportunity to mention exactly that on the mayo for breakfast blog laugh.gif

so, are we planning on making threats to Rusty again? *smiles devilishly* Here are some other things Rusty is repulsed by: nicotine, Rick Astley songs, the Yankees baseball team, Paul Wolfowitz and I bet Sarah Palin. I've noticed he also dislikes very much to be called "adorabubble" laugh.gif I remember something in his blog about he hating overtly sweet angsty music...let me look if I find the blog *looking* *searching* *reading* A-HA! smile.gif :

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Young Angst Vs. Angus Young
    I was remarking the other day that it seened like the era of stale modern rock had finally passed. You know what I'm talking about:

Take Pearl Jam, strip away anything good, then add anger. Taste. Then add way too much melodrama. Stir for nine years. Spit up.

Indeed, empirical observations throughout the tour showed that rock radio was less cringe-worthy than it had been in years. My theory was coming along nicely... Enter Florida. I realize that a lot of the heavy-hitters from this era were spawned in the Sunshine State, but that doesn't excuse you. The radio station we listened to during our soundcheck dumped a noxious stream of unlistenable angst into our tender ears. I cried, smashed a chair, and cried again. And then I lifted both fists to heaven and let out a long, deep-throated howl because people don't understand me. And then I cried some more. And then I smashed another chair.

Now, what have we learned from this ladies? I believe, as an indie musician, when Rusty dislikes prefab music, he really hates it. I say, we should start writting lyrics and posting youtube links to Together Forever, Never Gonna Give You Up...also that Europa song The Final Countdown and maybe some old Madonna like Vogue or like a virgin and stuff like that.... I'm planning on looking out for that Barbie and the Rockers commercial where barbie sings rock songs laugh.gif

oh yes, I'm a total scamp, I've even heard I can be quite snarky. wink.gif

Hahaha! Good ideas, Rosa [as always]! I think I'm gonna threaten to bring back Sarah Palin... so he can cry some more... and then smash a chair. wink.gif

Btw, lovvvved that excerpt you posted, especially "dumped a noxious stream of unlistenable angst into our tender ears." Andy's such a good writer!

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 7 2008, 03:09 PM)
    I just realized that he said the "creative element produced some truly weird and awesome ideas." [Bold emphasis mine] I wonder what he thought was weird. I know mine was "special".

I guess I'll have to wait to find out when he finally posts about it.

Yeeeeah, I was wondering the same thing. I assume Katie's drunk-singing video, Rachel's cover, and all of your stuff is the AWESOME, so what's the weird? What are you people hiding? Hmmmmmm?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 8 2008, 03:36 AM)
    Placing dental fillings that play "The Fade to Black" whenever the person opens his/her mouth is not weird. Turning people into walking Halmark cards is not weird. It is avant-garde. I am an early trendsetter on the fashion/rock/dental scene, that is all.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    Please fit me with some of those. I don't even have or need fillings, but I want them.

I let Andy know that I'd got the skeleton in our medical library to hold up a sign saying Secret Dakota Ring - Fade To Black, but that I couldn't take pictures because it's a real body and that's against the law. Is that weird? I think a lot of people here kinda pushed the boundaries of social norms for that contest tongue.gif

• QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 8 2008, 04:56 AM)
    Awww, no, never! Andy loves Miss Mayo!

Hahaha! Good ideas, Rosa [as always]! I think I'm gonna threaten to bring back Sarah Palin... so he can cry some more... and then smash a chair. ;)

Btw, lovvvved that excerpt you posted, especially "dumped a noxious stream of unlistenable angst into our tender ears." Andy's such a good writer!

Yeeeeah, I was wondering the same thing. I assume Katie's drunk-singing video, Rachel's cover, and all of your stuff is the AWESOME, so what's the weird? What are you people hiding? Hmmmmmm?

I just saw your comment on Rusty's page....OMG! you're positively EVIL laugh.gif That was too freaking awesome!
    I wish KK board Nut were in this contest, I bet he/she would have come up with the really weird stuff... I still think Miss Roselin Tempe Arizona is hiding a weird trick or two under her seemingly mildly-mannered endodontics outlay ;)

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 8 2008, 09:51 AM)
    I just saw your comment on Rusty's page....OMG! you're positively EVIL laugh.gif That was too freaking awesome!

Tee hee hee hee.

Trying to think of another diabolical plan... muhahahaha!

Aye, it looks like Rusty is super busy. He hasn't signed in on the SDR myspace in four days. [Ok, edit, so he finally signed in now.]
  • THE RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!

CONGRATSSSSSS, WINNERS! [I won't spoil it for you. Just check it out!]
  • fucking booya, suze/mayo won

congrats suze =D
  • Yes, congratulations to the winners!!

Hee hee, I'm "nice".
  • awww sad.gif I'm kinda disappointed, but CONGRATS to everyone who won!!! smile.gif
  • -comes out of lurking-

I'm a frequent visitor of the boards and avid fan, but I've never really done much posting.

Anyway, I was one of the participants in the contest and must say I admire all of the insanely amazing things that you guys did for this contest.

And even to promote Secret Dakota Ring, which was the real reason for all of this insanity wink.gif ^^

Congrats to Becky and Susan (who are on these boards, yes?) :]

And great job everybody!

Oh just came home from the FANTASTIC cold war kids show (which by the way was incredibly good, GO SEE THEM!) and... OH MY GOD! I started squealing when I found Andys mail saying to send my address even though Im not one of the winners and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, but I AM!!!!

I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy right now.

this cant be right, ...
    imageimageimage

Edit: Becky!!!!!! image
  • Yayyyyyyyyyyy, Becky! Who rocks? Becky does!
  • my sdr pin fell off my backpack today.

i think it was a sign...

congrats to becky and mayo, though smile.gif
  • OH. MY. GOD.

I couldn't scream until I got home, which was a little over an hour ago. But Imma do it again, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fucking shit, I can't believe that I won. Everyone who participated did an awesome job. 'Cepting those people who got ZERO.

Congrats Susi!! And congrats Carla, whoever you are!

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 12 2008, 06:22 PM)
    Edit: Becky!!!!!! image

Dude, I love swings. How'd ya know Susi?

I'm still in disbelief, but I have a huge smile on my face right now. Seriously guys, this is fucking epic. I love you all!!!!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 12 2008, 08:46 PM)

wink.gif

Haha, thanks ^^ And you too! I saw your video on Youtube, thought it was cute ^^

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 13 2008, 02:46 AM)
    OH. MY. GOD.

I couldn't scream until I got home, which was a little over an hour ago. But Imma do it again, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fucking shit, I can't believe that I won. Everyone who participated did an awesome job. 'Cepting those people who got ZERO.

Dude, I love swings. How'd ya know Susi?

I'm still in disbelief, but I have a huge smile on my face right now. Seriously guys, this is fucking epic. I love you all!!!!!

HAHA, I just KNEW!

its 3am on a wednesday night. I cant calm down. I cant stop smiling.

And its so great to see a sum up of what everyone did!!! biggrin.gif amazing.