In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 29 2008, 11:57 PM)
    Hey, just wondering, did anyone get their mail yet?

What mail?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 1 2008, 01:14 AM)
    What mail?

Isn't Andy supposed to be sending stuff to everyone, not only the winners? No? Maybe? *scratches head* blink.gif
  • OHHHHHH. Sorry, I'm slow.

Yeah, everyone is supposed to get some Ser Biz swag. I haven't gotten anything yet.
  • Me neither
  • Heh, I'm still waiting on a reply email.

Eh, I'm sure he's busy, plus there was the holiday, etc, etc, etc.
  • In case you were wondering when the prizes would be mailed, aross posted something on his blog:

Also, contest prizes should go out in the middle of the month. No need to be camping out by the mailbox yet, unless you’re waiting for your Jonas Brothers tickets.

Jonas Brothers? huh.gif

Rebekker, I think he's been reading your posts.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 5 2008, 09:30 PM)
    In case you were wondering when the prizes would be mailed, aross posted something on his blog:

Also, contest prizes should go out in the middle of the month. No need to be camping out by the mailbox yet, unless you’re waiting for your Jonas Brothers tickets.

Jonas Brothers? huh.gif

Hahaha. I was wondering the same thing!

Oh, you know what... I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I made a video about Miley Cyrus and Jo Bros for the contest... which was actually just a ploy. I promised him that I didn't like them! I dooooon't! Oh no.

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 5 2008, 10:30 PM)
    In case you were wondering when the prizes would be mailed, aross posted something on his blog:

Jonas Brothers? huh.gif

haha, what? Ok, I know I've said before that I actually like a couple of their songs, but I feel guilty about it, lol. Me and my friends actually constantly make fun of the Jonas Brothers laugh.gif They really can't sing that well. And I hate how they sound whiny when they sing
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Dec 5 2008, 10:54 PM)
    Me and my friends actually constantly make fun of the Jonas Brothers laugh.gif They really can't sing that well. And I hate how they sound whiny when they sing

Hahaha, my friends and I do too! Miley Cyrus is worse though. My lordie.

And now... we've digressed. Back to Cantarell!

Who's going to the party?? I so wish I could. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Dec 6 2008, 12:02 AM)
    Who's going to the party?? I so wish I could. sad.gif

I'm going! 2 years running - the Ser Biz Holiday Party is my favorite part of December.
  • Is it sad that whenever "Sell Us a Spaceship" comes on I hit skip? I like all the other songs off Cantarell, but this one I just can't get in to.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 10 2008, 10:13 PM)
    Is it sad that whenever "Sell Us a Spaceship" comes on I hit skip? I like all the other songs off Cantarell, but this one I just can't get in to.

I really really like this song, but yes, I also do think it is a bit different maybe... But I like the part around 1.40 ... and the ending tongue.gif and I just wanted to listen to it and couldnt find it cause I typed sell us a spaceshop ...
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 10 2008, 04:13 PM)
    Is it sad that whenever "Sell Us a Spaceship" comes on I hit skip? I like all the other songs off Cantarell, but this one I just can't get in to.

NO BECKY YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING THAT ANDY WRITES EVER, AND EVERYTHING THAT SER BIZ PUTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go listen to last year's "Year In Business".

You're allowed, Beck. I Promise. wink.gif But it might grow on you. I've gone from hating to loving some of Andy's songs (Still Awake being an excellent example of such).
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 10 2008, 04:25 PM)
    I really really like this song, but yes, I also do think it is a bit different maybe... But I like the part around 1.40 ... and the ending tongue.gif and I just wanted to listen to it and couldnt find it cause I typed sell us a spaceshop ...

It's not so much that it's different, I just...

And I agree, I like the end of the song where it leads into Red Light. If I could chop off the first half I'd be happy.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2008, 07:38 AM)
    NO BECKY YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING THAT ANDY WRITES EVER, AND EVERYTHING THAT SER BIZ PUTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go listen to last year's "Year In Business".

You're allowed, Beck. I Promise. wink.gif But it might grow on you. I've gone from hating to loving some of Andy's songs (Still Awake being an excellent example of such).

I know really, what kind of fangirl am I?

TFtB grew on me, I guess Sell Us might, too.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2008, 08:38 AM)
    (Still Awake being an excellent example of such).

Yeah, that version's growing on me, too. I'm thinking of it less and less as "circus music."
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 10 2008, 09:13 PM)

...How different we all are! tongue.gif ... I adore spaceship & eyeballs & listen to them over & over until i get bored then let the whole record play all the way through....
  • at first there were a few songs i didn't really like,
    but they've all grown on me
    my guess is they might do the same for other people out there
  • Click the pic to get to the Serious Business Holiday Party and Revue pictures.

I do have video from the show, but haven't had time to upload to YouTube. It will be up hopefully by Christmas or the end of Hanukkah.

And because we had a conversation about Mayonnaise, I decided to take a picture of some and tag it as secretdakotaring. Take that aross.

Oh yeah, I don't think I mentioned that I flew out for the show. Don't know if I'll do a write-up or not. Let's just say that it was a-mazing and I'm oh so fucking happy that I went.

ETA:
    The set list is as follows:
    Losing Eyeballs
    She's the One
    I Don't Wanna Know About My City
    I Blew Myself Up Over You
    The Fade to Black

Also, he said that it might take a bit longer to send out the packages for the winners of the DNLBATW contest because he's still waiting on a design for a t-shirt or that they need to be ordered, something like that. Don't know what's happening for the rest of the contestants though.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 23 2008, 11:12 AM)
    And because we had a conversation about Mayonnaise, I decided to take a picture of some and tag it as secretdakotaring. Take that aross.

Wait, I missed that?!

ETA:
    The set list is as follows:
    Losing Eyeballs
    She's the One
    I Don't Wanna Know About My City
    I Blew Myself Up Over You
    The Fade to Black

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 23 2008, 11:12 AM)

haha!!! That is AWESOME, Becky!!!!! laugh.gif