In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW:

Actually I don't want to share. Muahaha.

Oh I've got one. When you know certain peoples personal emails and actually talk to them.
  • You know you're obsessed when...

...you scorn people horribly for not knowing the names of the band members
  • You passed all days since you know the band imagining your future life with damian, and just got the news that he was married(congtatulations!!)I know it's late but here in France we hadn't much talked about them!
    By the way i say hello to everybody there !

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 01:09 AM)
    Wow, you're reading my personal biography.

Funny, mine also!

QUOTE (AndiBOT @ Aug 6 2006, 12:40 PM)
    You know you're obsessed when...

...you scorn people horribly for not knowing the names of the band members
    and spending most of your time talking about a band to people who don't have one idea of what and who you are talking about
  • YKYOW:

...."YO DOOFBALL" has special meaning to you
  • QUOTE (dieu @ Aug 6 2006, 11:35 AM)
    You passed all days since you know the band imagining your future life with damian, and just got the news that he was married(congtatulations!!)I know it's late but here in France we hadn't much talked about them!
    By the way i say hello to everybody there !

^^ ohmy.gif God, you have some competition...."dieu" means "god" in French......

btw, welcome, dieu!!! biggrin.gif Where in France do you live?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 6 2006, 06:32 PM)
    ^^ ohmy.gif God, you have some competition...."dieu" means "god" in French......

btw, welcome, dieu!!! biggrin.gif Where in France do you live?

hello jedi grrile!Sorry for my name i dont wanna be comptentuous but i had no inspiration(or maybe a divine inspiration)...
    I live in Lyon ,you know France?
  • i know france to some degree as i went to the outskirt wine'y places when i was younger
  • QUOTE (dieu @ Aug 6 2006, 02:37 PM)
    hello jedi grrile!Sorry for my name i dont wanna be comptentuous but i had no inspiration(or maybe a divine inspiration)...
    I live in Lyon ,you know France?

Haha, no, it's cool, it just amused me that we wound up with two "god"s on the Boards in one week, biggrin.gif

I'm actually going to be in Paris starting on 25th August. So I'm really excited and reaaaallllly nervous at the same time.

YKYOW...

...."Dandy" and "Tamian" have special meaning to you, too.
  • Ok ah wine.... Well jedi_grrlie you are lucky and i wish you'll have a nice moment in paris .I ve never been to paris maybe the first time will be for okgo's concert on september 15th! rolleyes.gif
  • YKYOW...

...someone says "ok," you silently say "go" to yourself and giggle.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 6 2006, 10:41 AM)
    YKYOW:

...."YO DOOFBALL" has special meaning to you

haha...it was my welcome screen on my old phone.

*when you know the story of the girl w/ bling teeth.
    *someone says an ok go lyric without knowing and you end the lyric and continue the song
    (ex: Have an apple....have some lye )
  • YKYOW:

Someone says, "OK Go," and you immediatly respond with, "Where?!?!" and look franticly [sp] around the room.
  • YKYOW:

...Your MOM jokes about seeind OK Go in some public place or another simply to throw you off/sings along to Do What You Want/says "those boys are such cuties!" Oh mother.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 7 2006, 11:27 PM)
    YKYOW:

...Your MOM jokes about seeind OK Go in some public place or another simply to throw you off/sings along to Do What You Want/says "those boys are such cuties!" Oh mother.

Oh Me, I hate when mothers do that.
  • my mom wants to make me a shirt with "ok go material" My head says no, but my heart says yes.
  • You know you're obsessed when you hear the word "Amsterdam" and before you think of "LEGAL PROSTITUTION!" and "HIGH QUALITY MARIJUANA!" you think of OK Go.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 6 2006, 01:41 PM)
    YKYOW...

...."Dandy" and "Tamian" have special meaning to you, too.

Haha, are there OKGo fanfics? Because that's what those names make me think of. If so, where are they?! wink.gif

YKYOW...
    ....months and months after your one concert experience you still reminise fondly about it.
    ....whenever you're at a different concert and the band goes backstage before their encore, you think of Damiens speech about how bands who do that are stupid, haha.
    ....your art class gets to add to the mural on the school wall and you paint the OKGo logo. <3
  • YKYOW ...

* the universe seems to be aligning with your obsession. This morning driving to work, I'm singing (badly) along with "What to Do," and right when "Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time" comes on, I shit you not, a van pulls up to the intersection I'm about to cross, with "Exceptional Plumbing" in big letters on the side. My eyes fell on "Exceptional" right as I was singing "exceptional."

!!

(I also think the phrase "exceptional plumbing" is pretty funny. lol)

* you write yourself a note at the next stoplight to mention 'universe aligning' moment on the board in the YKYOW thread that night ..... laugh.gif
  • (Those moments that coincide are my favorite thing. WHen I first got the self-titled cd way back when, I was driving home in a bus, and There's a Fire was on. And I looked out the window, and there was a fire!)
  • YKYOW...

..you spend your free time thinking of ways you're obsessed w/ Ok Go... and then when you finally get on the boards, you forget all of them.

...when you desperately want to bring a computer camping w/ just so you can watch the new vid, and vote for it, and post about it, and...