In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• that's exactly what i was talking about. Lately, only Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, writes in that blog...
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 07:18 PM)
    maybe i can make a trade with some of ya? i have 56mb of pics of the boys on my hard drive right now that have maybe only 10 pics since Oh No has been released. These include promo shots, random photos.... basically anything featuring the boys and their occasional '5th members' (Ara and Burleigh) EDIT: ok that sounded so dirty to me for some reason, but i dont know what else to call them! you guys know what i mean anyway! haha, and concert photos taken by other people (my concert photos are a separate folder which is 330 mb from the 12 shows+ i brought my camera to, which i can also share if you guys want)

I'm not sure what I could offer to trade, other than some pics of ARoss pre-OK Go, but I'd love to see some stuff with Ara in it(heck, I'd like to see some more Burleigh and Duncan stuff too, but I can settle for just Ara). From what I've (not) found, the web is seriously lacking pics of him in his OK Go-era. And he's seriously too talented to not ever be mentioned(all I hear about is Burleigh, haha).

QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 9 2006, 10:35 AM)
    Sitting in the back of a van for 12 hours driving to gigs doesn't help.

But apparently Andy's FAR too busy to blog anymore.. dry.gif

He's busy with the new SDR and OK Go Albums.

Or, at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
  • I don't even know who Ara is. Sorry if it was explained before but I'm too lazy to read the rest of this post.
  • He would sometimes play keyboards for them on tour.
  • That's Damian right???

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/sex...ddrugs/okgo.jpg

just to be absolutly sure...
  • Bahaa, yes. I love when new fans stumble upon that..
  • lool sorry if i repeated the same old question...
    wow when was this taken??I love this photo...
  • April of 2005. It was for an issue of Jane magazine with an article called "The 11 People You Want To See Naked Right Now - Right Where You Want Them ."

What comes to mind when you look in a full-length mirror?
    "Skinny. White ass."
  • LOL
    it would be very very strange if he didn't have a white ass. The scarf is kinda unnecessary no?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 11 2006, 12:04 PM)
    The scarf is kinda unnecessary no?
    *giggles ass off*

(a few posts up) Isn't Ara the horn guy? Burleigh keyboards. Right?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 12 2006, 07:27 AM)
    *giggles ass off*

(a few posts up) Isn't Ara the horn guy? Burleigh keyboards. Right?

She's right. Burleigh Seaver the Surly Beaver played the keyboards, Ara is the horn dude.
  • I'm having a very serious doubt due to the fact that I'm a foreign and my native tongue is not English. I'm trying to translate the lyrics of ok go (it's a hard task...) but I can't find the meaning of the expression "The fix is in" which is also the name of the song (as you all know). If you could explain it to me somehow...sorry for the ignorance but it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out wacko.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 12 2006, 11:15 AM)
    She's right. Burleigh Seaver the Surly Beaver played the keyboards, Ara is the horn dude.

Cityzen: What CDs are currently in your CD player?

Damian: Well, we don’t have a CD player anymore. We’ve “iPoded” it – we’re nerds. I’ll tell you what we listened to in the van yesterday and you can decide. In the van on the way from Cleveland to Boston yesterday, we listened to Spoon, The Starlight Mints, a bunch of Steely Dan, Bill Withers, and a band our keyboard player right now, Ara Anderson, is in called Boostamonte.

Boston's Weekly Dig: What’s up with the band? I heard you have a new keyboard player.

Damian: My job at this point is to play every night, which is about as good a job as I can imagine. We are training a new keyboard player. The one mentioned on our website, Ara Anderson, came out on our last tour but wanted to go back to San Francisco. There’s no bad blood or anything. The replacement is actually from our high school. His name is Burleigh Seaver, which means in high school you could call him Surly Beaver, which was pretty funny.
  • Ooh, that's really interesting; I didn't know anything about Burleigh before except what he looks(ed) like and that he played keyboards. Well, and that he was called the Surly Beaver. lol That's really cool that he was a high school buddy. Thanks for the info!

So then apparently Ara is both horn and keyboard. I only remembered horn, which is kind of amusing to me since I'd read that Cityzen article before ... Ara is the guy in the "What to Do" vid, right?
  • is it just me, or is the okgo songs account not working?
  • It's got a new password. And it's at gmail now, not yahoo (in case you didn't know).

user: okgosongs
    pswd: cinnamonl
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 15 2006, 07:51 AM)
    It's got a new password. And it's at gmail now, not yahoo (in case you didn't know).

user: okgosongs
    pswd: cinnamonl

Yeah, I changed it recently. I may do that from time to time. To make sure nothing happens to it. If I do, I'll always post the new password on the boards.
  • yea, that's what i used. oh well, maybe i'm just retarded/doing something wrong. haha
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 12 2006, 12:06 PM)
    I'm having a very serious doubt due to the fact that I'm a foreign and my native tongue is not English. I'm trying to translate the lyrics of ok go (it's a hard task...) but I can't find the meaning of the expression "The fix is in" which is also the name of the song (as you all know). If you could explain it to me somehow...sorry for the ignorance but it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out wacko.gif

It's not a common expression at all, so you totally don't need to feel bad that you don't know it. I think it's just completely open to interpretation. "A fix" is sometimes used to refer to satisfying a craving or addiction or just getting something that you often want. I guess you could say that "the fix is in" means that in our culture, it's popular to be addicted to things (or something like that...) Anyone else have any way to explain that? I don't know if I made much sense...

EDIT: Oh and fix is usually used in reference to drugs, ie. I need a fix = I need to shoot some heroin right now.
  • I've always heard it used for survey results and news. Like, when the votes are counted or poll results come in, "the fix is in."