In this Discussion

Hatin' on our boys

Comments

• whoa whoa whoa, they're in now???? I remember when I used to buy those, and I seriously had no taste in music.

Oh No.

Hhahahaha, do you get it??? I said "Oh No" like the album is titled!!!!

**crickets chirp**

I'll go off to my corner now.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 4 2006, 12:14 PM)
    FINE.

YOU'RE a disaster. tongue.gif How's that feel, huh?
    biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Verbal abuse!!!! Don't take your gimpiness out on me ...

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 4 2006, 01:32 PM)
    **crickets chirp**
    laugh.gif
  • LOL
    you people are so funny laugh.gif
    Too bad we couldn't continue the song eheh...
  • But it's all we've got now
  • yeah that's all we've got
  • *doo doo doo doo ending bit*

Yeah, that's all we've got...

*cue Damian walking across the backyard*

*cue "A Million Ways"*
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 4 2006, 11:35 PM)
    *doo doo doo doo ending bit*

Yeah, that's all we've got...
    *cue Damian walking across the backyard*

*cue "A Million Ways"*

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • I don't know why I feel compelled to respond to idots sometimes. I didn't know which Death Cab/OK Go show this guy was referring to and I couldn't find his friend's post either. Arguing with an incoherent moron is pretty pathetic of me.

http://full-blown-aids.blogspot.com/2006/1...-to-my-gay.html

Evidently he works for a band from Glasgow named Mogwai as their guitar tech when they tour. So now by mere association, I dislike them too. mad.gif (Actually I have no opinion of them. I added that for drama.)
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 8 2006, 09:57 AM)
    I don't know why I feel compelled to respond to idots sometimes. I didn't know which Death Cab/OK Go show this guy was referring to and I couldn't find his friend's post either. Arguing with an incoherent moron is pretty pathetic of me.

Evidently he works for a band from Glasgow named Mogwai as their guitar tech when they tour. So now by mere association, I dislike them too. mad.gif (Actually I have no opinion of them. I added that for drama.)

Don't let morons get you down. You've got taste, they don't. Way to respond coherently though.
  • What an ass! I guess now is a good time to smash my stupid pinch pots. Get out my anger. So they went 10 minutes over. I mean, what's the big deal? It's not the bands have to be out of the venue at a specific time and all, I don't see why the other band couldn't have just gone over time a little so you get the best of all. They might have, for all I know. But really. This is all uncalled for! And I don't believe Damian actually sits there and googles the band. It would be interesting to do every once in a while. If I had a band I would check it out every once in a while to see what people think, but still.
    What an idiot mad.gif
  • I suddenly fucking want to crush their faces. Out of loyalty, I'm not even going to google them to see their ugly faces!!!!!!!!!! I'm so mad! How can people not love OKGO?! Ugh!
  • What the hell is wrong with this person?
    The main issue I have with this is that their arguments have absolutely no merit or support. It's just rambling for the sake of rambling.
    ;awourehg;aojkf; I'm reallllllly thinking about doing something violent.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 8 2006, 06:57 AM)
    I don't know why I feel compelled to respond to idots sometimes. I didn't know which Death Cab/OK Go show this guy was referring to and I couldn't find his friend's post either. Arguing with an incoherent moron is pretty pathetic of me.

Eh. I hate it when people talk smack about OK Go, but I can't really do anything about it. What really bothers me is how he spells OK Go. O.k-Go. What the hell is that?

Should I get the Mogwai off of my iPod now? It's only one song and I don't even really listen to it.
  • Mogwai? LOL! That's "white devil" in Cantonese.

The thing is, OK Go is perfect in every way! If there was something to insult about Damian's gorgeous eyelashes, his flowy hair, or deliciously sexy body, I would not protest.

BUT THERE ISN'T.

And that is why there will always be injustice in this world. *slits wrists and writes lyrics*
  • First and foremost, I thoroughly enjoyed the part of this thread when people started (type)singing It's A Disaster. Har har. That was quite amusing.

For the record, I inexplicably loathed Hinder from (quite literally) the first moment I heard/ saw them (these happened simultaneously as my first encounter with them was their music video). God as my witness, I simply cannot deal with this band. And this was way before I knew anything about them. It's an innate reaction - it's not my fault. So that's just me...

Alright, now on to the main course: (I apologize in advance for being way too serious (and somewhat hypocritical) about this trivial topic...)
    So. After viewing all of the information provided in the handy-dandy links posted and doing just a bit of my own "research," I feel fairly confident in saying that I was able to extract a basic grasp on the band Hinder's general mentality - just a rudimentary concept of their value system. And let me say that I feel a great deal of pity for the members of that band. Not in the realm of bands and music and all that, but I mean pity for them as human beings. Sometimes the things that they do and say are just off; as in, their perception of reality and what they value or don't seems very skewed. I don't want to sound like a complete religious nut or something here ( laugh.gif ), but seriously, they need to eventually (sooner rather than later) evaluate their life in general. In all sincerity, I have always felt that the guys in OK Go seem like genuinely good human beings. I mean, they just seem like they have their heads on straight - and I respect and enjoy them for that. But, clearly, this is just my opinion. I could be completely wrong about the people in Hinder (after all, I don't know them), and if that's the case, I'll be the first to submit a formal apology and recindment of statement. Sooooo, again, sorry for taking such a grave turn! I'm sure having recently had an in depth (and fantastic) conversation about a similar topic probably only added fuel to my fire on this one rolleyes.gif I start going on tirades. Bad news bears...

Also, as a side note, I cannot begin to express with words how badly I just wanted to tear my hair out after involving myself with that band for the short time I did today. Incoherent, poorly formulated, unjustified, unintelligent, unsubstantiated thoughts/ statements frustrate me to no end (Natalie = homicidal). I can't even initiate taking something into consideration if it's so incredibly unintelligible. I love proper grammar (unfortunately my brain kerploded and now I'm really rather awful with that stuff ;_____; ). Again, just another weird me-thing. I admire/ adore/ envy all the extremely well-spoken and articulate intelligent peoples on this board ^____^ Thank you for being awesome.

I'm so ridiculous for writing this much about such a stupid thing [doof]

And now I'll let this whole thing die, as it should. In conclusion I love OK Go.
  • Not sure if you've seen this before, but it is absolutely hilarious. This one guy, Angry Ken, has started his own little war against Hinder:

http://www.angryken.com/hinder-angry-ken-n...ame-army-sucks/

Jodi: Why don’t you go back on hiatus???? It misses you. And OK Go is a one hit wonder.

Angry Ken: Hinder is a NO hit wonder. HA!
  • Guys, guys, guys...

I like Ok Go.

I like Hinder.

I like Nickelback.

I will continue to listen to all three bands as I please, and continue to buy their records, and not give a shit what people think about them as bands.

Hinder had no place to insult Ok Go like they did, but I'm not going to stop listening to their music because they have an opinion.
  • Isn't one of the statuses "Mogwai Fan"? I just felt like pointing that out even though it's not important at all.
  • haha that's so true. Nice.
  • this thread is old but just thought i'd stop by and say HINDER SUCKS. And the Lead singer kind of looks a tiny bit like an ugly version of Adam Lazzara whom i adore. which makes me sad, even if he's the ugly version ir only kinda looks like him.