In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• yeah I hope so! Pretty much, as long as they ahve a chance to interact with the audience like they normally do, I'll be happy.
    but I figure that OK Go will have more stage time than the silversun pickups and OK Go is somewhat well known now (at least as "those treadmill guys...")
    sheesh...we really do need a better rolly eyes face on here! the provided one isn't nearly sarcastic enough! dry.gif
  • Mike told me that they were going to be main support, but I have no idea what that means in terms of playing time. Hopefully it means they get to play for longer.

I need to listen to more Silversun Pickups. I saw them once a long time ago, but all I remember is that they played the longest song ever and then right after, they played a song that was about 40 seconds.
  • yeah I haven't listened tot them yet, but my friend said she went to listen to them, and the song just went on and on and on. but I'll give them a try because I like to know the music I'm listening to when I go to concerts. It's very hard to have fun when you can't get into the music.
  • goddamn.

the tickets for the Boston show are sold out.

and my friends STILL don't know if they can go or not.

eh, I give up. I'll never see Ok Go live... well, not now anyways. I'm still holding onto the hope that they get forgotten about pretty quickly (as in, by the time I'm 18, which is a year-and-a-half,) and go back to being a fairly-small-club sort of band so I can see them at, say, the Paradise or the Avalon/Axis...yeah. that.

whatever.
  • The Silversun Pickups really are good, y'all, do check them out. As far as sets go, Silversun will be probably about 30, OK Go 45-hour, and Snow Patrol about 1.5 hours. I've only seen OK Go open (yes, EVERYTIME), and their sets are usually 45-hour.
  • I apologize if this is not news to anyone:

If a show is "sold out," don't give up yet. I guy I know who's a ticket broker told me that blocks of tickets are usually held back for the headliner's fan club for VIP packages and/or to local radio stations for giveaways. If these tickets aren't all used, they may be released for sale (like, through the venue's box office or ticketmaster) days before the show. I got front-row seats for a concert in 2005, like 7-9 days before the show just by calling the box office. There's always eBay or other auction sites, too, but I've never bought tickets that way. You can also try to find out what radio station is most likely to be involved, and check their web sites or call, especially as the date approaches, to see if they're doing a giveaway. No guarantees, and now I'm probably just prolonging the agony, but there you go.
  • yeah, massachusetts scalping laws are virtually non-existent, so I checked all the ticket-selling sites I could find, and the cheapest I found was for $45.00, and I don't think my friends were too willing to pay that much extra. I'm still working on it, but its extremely doubtful.

edit: did I say scamming? *duh* I meant scalping. sorry about that.
  • It's funny, last week tickets weren't even on sale for Austin, I checked back yesterday, and they were sold out. I ended up having to buy them on Ebay for $65 each. It's not HORRIBLE, though. The tickets were originally $28, but since it was through FrontGate instead of ticket master, it would have ended up being around $40-45 like always. Stubb's always charges an arm and a leg.
  • A new headlining show was added to their schedule:

02/01/2007 - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, Providence, RI, $15

Another headlining show, but this one is not a recent add:

04/13/2007 - Pepperdine University P.U.P.B./S.G.A. with Augustana, Malibu, CA
  • To anyone who's been to one of their shows before, I was wondering if there's any possibility of meeting the guys at their bus afterwards? The venue I'll be going to is fairly small (and I mean small as opposed to a concert I went to in November at a place that held around 10k people). I bought the tickets because of OK Go (I like Snow Patrol, never even heard of Silversun Pickups before) and if there's an opportunity, I'd love to meet them! I was able to meet a couple of the guys from Plain White T's (during the concert) and Jack's Mannequin (at their bus). I'm definitely not one of those 'fangirlies', but if anyone could offer any advice, I'd greatly appreciate that smile.gif.
  • I'm curious too. But I'm not going to a small club or something...it's a friggin' coliseum. unsure.gif I don't think I have much of a chance since there's going to be an assload of people at that concert, but it's worth a try, right? Hee. We'll see.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 14 2007, 04:06 PM)
    I'm curious too. But I'm not going to a small club or something...it's a friggin' coliseum. unsure.gif I don't think I have much of a chance since there's going to be an assload of people at that concert, but it's worth a try, right? Hee. We'll see.

I work security for a pretty good size arena and the likely hood of seeing someone after a show is very hard unless you win a meet and greet. The venus I have worked at the area where they load and unload on the busses are blocked off you cant even get down there. Now all venues are different and it all depends on where they park the bus and if its secure or not. Also when they are done with a show and if they have to be in another town the next day they pretty much pack it up and leave.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Jan 16 2007, 01:02 AM)
    I work security for a pretty good size arena and the likely hood of seeing someone after a show is very hard unless you win a meet and greet. The venues I have worked at the area where they load and unload on the busses are blocked off you cant even get down there. Now all venues are different and it all depends on where they park the bus and if its secure or not. Also when they are done with a show and if they have to be in another town the next day they pretty much pack it up and leave.
    I thought so. sad.gif Chances are slim! They have to be down in Detroit the next day after the show in Toronto and I'm pretty sure it's a huge venue... I won't get my hopes up. tongue.gif But I'll still atleast try to find them~
  • but this is OK Go! not other bands. they usually make a point of hanging around afterwards. You should be able to at least find Dan hanging around smoking. Yeah, ours is at a coliseum as well, but I hoping that because most people are there for Snow Patrol (not too many OK Go fans in Portland for some reason...) it won't be too crowded afterwards.
    Talking/befriending a security can help too. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 11 2007, 08:10 AM)
    A new headlining show was added to their schedule:

02/01/2007 - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, Providence, RI, $15

Another headlining show, but this one is not a recent add:

04/13/2007 - Pepperdine University P.U.P.B./S.G.A. with Augustana, Malibu, CA

I've been looking around and I am sure that the answer is right infront of me, but are the tickets for the show with Augustana still on sale? Is it open to the public?
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 22 2007, 01:29 AM)
    I've been looking around and I am sure that the answer is right infront of me, but are the tickets for the show with Augustana still on sale? Is it open to the public?

I dont see any info on this event yet.

Adrienne
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 21 2007, 08:29 PM)

The show has not been added to Pepperdine's website yet (they have chamber music listed for April 13):
    http://www.pepperdine.edu/arts/performances/

And Ticketmaster has a school production of "Our Town" listed for April 13 (unless it's OK Go wanting to try stage acting now that they have TV acting under their belts):
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/90212/

But you can still contact Pepperdine's box office for more info:
    http://www.pepperdine.edu/arts/tickets/default.htm
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 6 2007, 09:10 PM)
    yeah, massachusetts scalping laws are virtually non-existent, so I checked all the ticket-selling sites I could find, and the cheapest I found was for $45.00, and I don't think my friends were too willing to pay that much extra. I'm still working on it, but its extremely doubtful.

edit: did I say scamming? *duh* I meant scalping. sorry about that.

They sold out actually, like, right after okgo.net announced it, if not before, because Snow Patrol has been selling tickets since November, so Snow Patrol announced it even before November. And Ok Go only recently posted it.
    But, you should go to the one in Providence. It's only 45 minutes from Boston, and it's half the price of tickets for the Boston show, and plus, Ok Go is the whole show- no Snow Patrol.
    Then in March, I'm just going to hang around the arena and see if something will happen. If any tickets open up or I hear anything, I'll let you know.
  • Thanks for the info/advice about meeting the guys after the show. The venue I'm going to is fairly small I'd say, so I'm hoping they'll decide to stick around for a bit afterwards. I think they're going to Toronto the day after so it's not too bad a drive from Montreal.

Back in November I went to the Panic! at the Disco concert to see Jack's Mannequin (first time in Canada, yeee) and their buses weren't blocked off so I was able to meet Andrew from JM and a Tim and De'Mar from Plain White T's during P!ATD's set. It was actually a surprise cause the venue held about 10,000 people.

So I guess it really does all depend on the venue and whether or not they decide to hang out afterwards. Here's hoping they will! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 25 2007, 05:21 AM)
    The show has not been added to Pepperdine's website yet (they have chamber music listed for April 13):
    http://www.pepperdine.edu/arts/performances/

And Ticketmaster has a school production of "Our Town" listed for April 13 (unless it's OK Go wanting to try stage acting now that they have TV acting under their belts):
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/90212/

But you can still contact Pepperdine's box office for more info:
    http://www.pepperdine.edu/arts/tickets/default.htm

Sorry this is late, but thanks for the information! I forgot that I asked this question. When I was about to ask it again then I remembered that I already asked it and was excited when I saw a response. I'll try calling the box office, if all else fails "Our Town" sounds like a fine production. I shall check out the local thespians. Maybe your prediction is right and they are apart of the play. Thanks again for finding all this out. Would it be weird to say that I love you? Yeah probably. I'll just stick to thank you.