In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• ^^^Oh, well that doesn't sound good. my mom does that sometimes. its normal. math sucks. i used to love it, but now i hate it. mad.gif

btw i like ur new sig and avatar.

<----what are the chances of that (my posts thingy)
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 13 2007, 12:14 AM)
    Hey, is it just me, or am I the only one who has his/her own little worlds? Like, there is an OK Go world, a skating world, a family world, and a school world, and they all have different "feels" to them. This might sound weird, but I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

i understand your feelings!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 12 2007, 07:03 PM)
    btw i like ur new sig and avatar.

Thanks. and about the math, there'll be something that will come along that might make you love it again. smile.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 12 2007, 07:11 PM)
    i understand your feelings!

Ah, yes...finally, someone who doesn't think this is weird...or maybe you do, but at least you relate, Andy and not James.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 12 2007, 07:59 PM)
    You know what? I am so angry right now! I hate how people exaggerate or twist things to their advantage, or to make another person seem worse than what they are. And I also hate how, out of all people, the very person to do this to me is my very own mother!
    I feel your pain, girlie. My mother does that too.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 12 2007, 09:23 PM)
    You didn't know Tetris was Russian?? I thought everyone knew that....

Not to like, make you think you're stupid or anything. wink.gif

I honestly had no idea! Am I ashamed? A little.

I used to spend forever playing Tetris on the original Game Boy (I remember my uncle bought it for my brother and I and I thought it was the most magical thing)....

..that and Mario World or whatever (the one without Yoshi or Bowser or anything, just Mario and Princess Peach and there was an UNDERWATER LEVEL!)
  • Hi everyone.
    I supposed this is random.
    I just returned from the Of Montreal concert and realized that the entire time I had been wishing it was Ok Go.
    Sad. I really need to see them in concert. SOON
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 13 2007, 02:45 AM)
    Thanks. and about the math, there'll be something that will come along that might make you love it again. smile.gif
    Ah, yes...finally, someone who doesn't think this is weird...or maybe you do, but at least you relate, Andy and not James.

haha..your not going to forget that are you
  • So I just got a second set of ear holes last night. smile.gif Once it heals nicely I'm totally going to get letter ear studs and spell out OK Go. Ahahaa.

I didn't get them pierced for that purpose specifically though.

One more piercing and then I'm done with poking holes in myself. I want a cartilage piercing. Arrrg the place I usually go to doesn't do cartilage. Pfft.

Is it March yet?
  • ya i have 2 ear piercings in my ear and me and my friends were talking about how i could spell out ok go, but i haven't done that because i thought it might be a little too obsessive, yet cool
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 13 2007, 07:04 AM)
    haha..your not going to forget that are you

Not any time soon, yes. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 13 2007, 09:56 PM)
    One more piercing and then I'm done with poking holes in myself. I want a cartilage piercing. Arrrg the place I usually go to doesn't do cartilage. Pfft.

Is it March yet?

Ooooh I've been achin' for a cartilage piercing.

A bunch of my friends have been getting industrial piercings and they actually don't look half-bad.

ALMOST MARCH!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 13 2007, 11:27 PM)
    Ooooh I've been achin' for a cartilage piercing.

A bunch of my friends have been getting industrial piercings and they actually don't look half-bad.

ALMOST MARCH!
    If you end up getting one, tell me if it hurts? I've been told by everyone that it always hurts, and a lot, but they said the same thing about regular lobe piercings. sleep.gif It didn't hurt at all... it was just really loud. Then again cartilage is stiffer and probably harder to poke things through, so... huh.gif I'm gonna stop talking before I freak out someone squeamish...

AHHHH MARCH
    I need to nag my random friend that I haven't seen in 3 years to confirm whether or not she's coming to the concert with me still. I bought three tickets but only have one person for sure coming with me, and she might not even come. dry.gif Pffff. So I might end up having to sell tickets to the local boardies... EGHHH.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 13 2007, 11:43 PM)
    If you end up getting one, tell me if it hurts? I've been told by everyone that it always hurts, and a lot, but they said the same thing about regular lobe piercings. sleep.gif It didn't hurt at all... it was just really loud. Then again cartilage is stiffer and probably harder to poke things through, so... huh.gif I'm gonna stop talking before I freak out someone squeamish...

I can help you on this. smile.gif

The initial piercing of cartilage didn't hurt (for me anyway), but the aftermath is not exactly a party. You have to be super gentle with it (i.e., keep the hair out of the way for at least a week, no rough pulling, no hats, etc.). And with the weather, the cold is probably going to hurt it a bit as well, but I don't remember having a problem with that. Oh, and sleeping? A royal BITCH, especially if you sleep on the piercing side or toss and turn a lot during the night. I mucked up my right cartilage by sleeping on it and now it is slightly crooked (but only noticable by vain, self-conscious me of course).

Piercing gun or needle? You will get a 99% "DO NOT USE A GUN" warning from everyone and their cousin, but I got both of my cartilidge piercings (as well as my four lobes) with a gun with absolutely no problems. However, this was before it was recognized that cartilidge is a more sensitive area (I am 25 now and got mine done at ages 18 and 19 respectively). A needle probably would be better, but I have zero experience with them so I can't help you there.

Crap-tastic picture, but I have the cart, the two lobes (in each ear) and if you look closely, I have a hoop in my lower cart, which is a makeshift piercing (FAKE) until I can get the real one. I am working up the nerve to get it, as I bet a needle will be required because of its location (that and I would rather have a stud, but parlors will only do hoops).

Lobes are cakewalks.

That is probably more information than you needed, but I love to help in whatever way I can and I am fairly familiar with (ear) piercings. smile.gif
  • Oooh! Thanks T-Doggy biggrin.gif That's exactly as much as I wanted to know. Once this new set of holes heals I think I'll go for a helix~
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Feb 13 2007, 11:22 PM)
    Crap-tastic picture, but I have the cart, the two lobes (in each ear) and if you look closely, I have a hoop in my lower cart, which is a makeshift piercing (FAKE) until I can get the real one. I am working up the nerve to get it, as I bet a needle will be required because of its location (that and I would rather have a stud, but parlors will only do hoops).

Yes! Tastically -tastic.
  • BEST SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE EVAARRR!???1

"Saturday Night Live's love affair with indie rock this season will continue on February 24, when the Arcade Fire will be the musical guest on the popular sketch-comedy show. Rainn Wilson, aka Dwight Schrute from "The Office", will be the host."
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 15 2007, 11:27 AM)
    BEST SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE EVAARRR!???1

"Saturday Night Live's love affair with indie rock this season will continue on February 24, when the Arcade Fire will be the musical guest on the popular sketch-comedy show. Rainn Wilson, aka Dwight Schrute from "The Office", will be the host."

magical. absolutely magical.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 15 2007, 12:27 PM)
    BEST SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE EVAARRR!???1

Holy SHITE!

DWIGHT AND ARCADE FIRE? oh man....

*faints*
  • I'm cold.

its very very cold.
    it snowed/sleeted/rained/precipitated all day yesterday. twas a morass of slushiness.
    and then it froze.
    my driveway is literally a sheet of ice. the road isn't much better.

on the bright side, I had a snow day yesterday.
    and a delay today.

woohoo for living in new england.
  • I had a self-imposed snow day today and just didn't go to school because it's -40 out.