In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 07:09 PM)
    Holy balls. And I can't believe there really is video! LOL!
    I still say you're gonna regret it. Feel free to virtually kick me in the face for being a spoil-sport. It turned out nice, though! Did they give you good instructions so it doesn't smear, etc.? The cracking and scabbing doesn't sound good. unsure.gif But I'm no expert.
    laugh.gif

I think you're gonna regret it too, but that's a good thing. Your biggest regret shouldn't be not having any regrets. So this is gonna be a good regret.

I think I've said regret too many times already, that's my regret. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 07:09 PM)
    I think it's "Cynthia."

That's what I thought it was. Now I have to go watch my DVD again to make sure......what a bore! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Apr 10 2007, 08:46 AM)
    i didnt say that it absolutely never would happen...

... i kinda also was wondering how the keyboards will sound without old andy... i mean, old andy added such a unique keyboard sound to the records...

It'll be different to say the least!

QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 10 2007, 12:13 PM)
    YKYOW:

You get OK Go tattooed on your arm.

Holy shit that's amazing! I think if I ever got a tattoo it would be OK Go related, although I think I'd more likely get "Lunacy is everything I need" tattooed, either in a ring around my arm or ankle, or across my shoulderblades or middle-back. I need to get MUCH more gutsy before that could happen though!

YKYOW you're buying the new Wayfare cd and a Bockman's Euphio cd (two rather wonderful Missouri bands, especially Wayfare, they're amazing, but anywho) and you notice that the button at the bottom says "OK - go!" and your immediate reaction is to take a screenshot, so you can post it on the boards later!

• QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 11 2007, 04:55 AM)
    Conversation with hubby today while getting ready to do taxes:

Me: Did you bring all of the mail home this year so far?
    Him: I usually do.
    Me: Will you check your desk and tell me if there's anything about our investments that says "Important Tax Documents" on the envelope?
    Him: There's something from XYZ company.
    Me: And what does it say?
    Him: [blathers reading irrelevant details that don't tell me which investment it is]
    Me: One of our stocks changed names, so give me numbers. Then I'll know which stock it is.
    Him: Uhhh. [Reads more random stuff except what I asked for.]
    Me: (raised voice) Dammit. Give me a dollar value. From any of the boxes. I need a dollar amount. From any box on the form. Then I will know which stock it is.

... Realized what I was just yelling, a couple moments later.

That's amazing! Now I'm going to have that little stuck in my head all day. I need to have a day soon, where I just put OK Go references in EVERYTHING! I have to make sure it's a day I don't work though...

QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 07:09 PM)
    I think it's "Cynthia."

Yeah, that's what I thought too, and when I saw "Sentio" I was like "what? Is there an OK Go video hiding somewhere that I haven't seen...?"

QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 11 2007, 07:53 PM)
    I think I've said regret too many times already, that's my regret. tongue.gif

*giggle*
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 12 2007, 03:09 AM)
    I think it's "Cynthia."

Ah... that makes a lot more sense....
    Lol thanks tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 07:09 PM)
    Holy balls. And I can't believe there really is video! LOL!
    I still say you're gonna regret it.

I probably will regret it, but that's half the fun of tattoos. Years down the line when I'm all rickety and old and my skin is all wrinkled and it looks more like a random blotch of something that used to be letters I'll look at it and think, "Damn, I was badass, but wtf was I thinking?!?!"
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:14 PM)
    I probably will regret it, but that's half the fun of tattoos. Years down the line when I'm all rickety and old and my skin is all wrinkled and it looks more like a random blotch of something that used to be letters I'll look at it and think, "Damn, I was badass, but wtf was I thinking?!?!"

Well, I'm glad you got just the letters and not something more elaborate and paisley-heavy, because that'd just look like a disease!
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 12 2007, 08:46 PM)
    Well, I'm glad you got just the letters and not something more elaborate and paisley-heavy, because that'd just look like a disease!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 12 2007, 12:46 PM)

ohmy.gif blink.gif I was just telling her on MySpace that she should've done her entire arm in a paisley design! Are you reading my mind? I was kidding about the tattoo of course.......... huh.gif ...............but........... ohmy.gif ..........I forgot to mention that part to her! I hope she's not on her way to the tattoo parlor again!
    *runs after Tabatha* No Tabatha!!!! I was just kidding, don't do it!!!!!!!
  • Oh my... is that tattoo real???
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 06:09 PM)
    It turned out nice, though! Did they give you good instructions so it doesn't smear, etc.? The cracking and scabbing doesn't sound good. unsure.gif But I'm no expert.
    laugh.gif

A friend of mine was a tattoo artist and had her shop down the street from me a few years back. She was old skool and good friends with Lyle Tuttle.*

The cracking and scabbing are normal. DON't rub it or take off the scabs. My friend swore by Noxzema as a way to help the tattoo heal and also cool the itching and pain. Just cake it on (don't rub).

DO follow the instructions of what your artist said over these, but if you don't remember, these instructions should be valid.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Tuttle
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 12 2007, 12:46 PM)

yeah, that would be scary! Letters is usually the best option, either that or the band members' faces, that could be interesting as well

QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 12 2007, 01:00 PM)
    ohmy.gif blink.gif I was just telling her on MySpace that she should've done her entire arm in a paisley design! Are you reading my mind? I was kidding about the tattoo of course.......... huh.gif ...............but........... ohmy.gif ..........I forgot to mention that part to her! I hope she's not on her way to the tattoo parlor again!
    *runs after Tabatha* No Tabatha!!!! I was just kidding, don't do it!!!!!!!

hahahaha
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Apr 12 2007, 02:40 PM)
    A friend of mine was a tattoo artist and had her shop down the street from me a few years back. She was old skool and good friends with Lyle Tuttle.*

The cracking and scabbing are normal. DON't rub it or take off the scabs. My friend swore by Noxzema as a way to help the tattoo heal and also cool the itching and pain. Just cake it on (don't rub).

DO follow the instructions of what your artist said over these, but if you don't remember, these instructions should be valid.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Tuttle

I'm not taking them off, but as I wash it and lotion it they sort of peel off. I really want to pick it, but I was told very strictly by the artist not to, so I'm forcing myself to resist as much as possible. Thankfully it doesn't it...yet.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 13 2007, 12:32 AM)
    I'm not taking them off, but as I wash it and lotion it they sort of peel off. I really want to pick it, but I was told very strictly by the artist not to, so I'm forcing myself to resist as much as possible. Thankfully it doesn't it...yet.

It'll definitely suck if it starts to itch! I hate that!
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Apr 13 2007, 03:48 AM)
    yeah, that would be scary! Letters is usually the best option, either that or the band members' faces, that could be interesting as well
    hahahaha

I'd so get a butt tatoo of either one, but I don't think hubby would appreciate it. He's still coming to terms with the small hole left in my nose from my pierced nose phase while I ponder getting it re-pierced.

Edit: I probably won't get it re-pierced. The posts used to jab too much while I slept, or get caught on towels, and I don't miss that aspect.
  • YKYOW...well, okay. My physics teacher plays music while we take notes. Today I wasn't taking notes because I didn't feel like it, and I can just copy them from a friend later. Every class for months now I've been hoping something OK Go would come on. Then today, when I wasn't thinking that at all, I suddenly hear the opening of HIGA. It made me SO HAPPY. If anyone in that class didn't know I'm obsessed with OK Go, they definitely do now. biggrin.gif It's difficult to do the treadmill dance standing without treadmills, but it's even harder to do it sitting down. tongue.gif

That tattoo. Is. Awesome. laugh.gif
  • okay, i should probably ask you not to judge and brand me insane before continuing with this one...

YKYOW...
    when...your (also OK Go obsessed) friend is round, and you are both attempting to revise. and you have conversations that go like this...
    "if we dont get some work done, we won't be able to go to uni..."
    "you know who else went to uni? some members of OK Go!"
    "alright..pass me that pen.."
    "you know who else uses pens? OK Go!"
    "lets eat something..."
    "you know who else eats....."

and YalsoKYOW this is not the first time you have had conversations of this nature... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 10 2007, 02:13 PM)
    YKYOW:

You get OK Go tattooed on your arm.

umm WOW!

that is frickin awesome

the closest i got to that was drawing it on my arm with sharpie.
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Apr 13 2007, 10:38 PM)
    umm WOW!

that is frickin awesome

the closest i got to that was drawing it on my arm with sharpie.

Same here, but then again I'm only 14, so tatoos aren't exactly legal. Not that that would stop me..
  • okay, this is more of a.."you know your friend is obsessed when", since technically this was her doing this and not me, but hypothetically...YKYOW...

so earlier me and my friend were walking through the park. there were these guys on the grass part that we were walking past, and i guess they were playing frizbee or something, but we couldnt tell at this point. anyway, one of them was repeatedly shouting "GO. GO. GO. GO. GO. GO..." at one of the others, and in between each of the 'go's my friend shouted back "OK. OK. OK. OK. OK...". it took me a while to get what she was doing - at first i just thought she was agreeing with him laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 13 2007, 10:20 PM)
    Same here, but then again I'm only 14, so tatoos aren't exactly legal. Not that that would stop me..

yea that wouldn't stop me either =) wink.gif