In this Discussion

OH EM EFF GEE

edited November -1 in OK Go
That's right.

AUSTRALIA.

OK GO ARE COMING TO AUSTRALIA IN AUGUST!

Comments

• Yep. There's already a thread with venue information and stuff.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 12 2007, 08:22 AM)
    Yep. There's already a thread with venue information and stuff.

True! but one wouldn't know from the thread title, since it is called "Oh GAH!" (or, since I notice that this thread title is also spelling out exclamations in all caps, are we witnessing an Oz secret handshake-like thingie and people from Oz will know these threads are theirs? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )
  • QUOTE (keaton @ May 12 2007, 10:30 AM)
    (or, since I notice that this thread title is also spelling out exclamations in all caps, are we witnessing an Oz secret handshake-like thingie and people from Oz will know these threads are theirs? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )

Shhhh! They're not supposed to let other people know about it! tongue.gif
  • yar. but. you can't go sad.gif
    don't worry I can't either.

ojisdfa09u342q9uopiwar
  • *raises hand up excitedly*
    Oooh, I'm going! I'm going!

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in or anything, just that I'm uber-excited.

Oh no, I'm gonna be all fangirly because I've never went to a gig of a band that I REALLY liked before (and this might be the only one because as it turns out, I'm NOT going to Splendour. Noooo!! I was thisclose to getting to see the Arctic Monkeys, Klaxons and the Shins and the Kaiser Chiefs *sobs*)

So yeah, any tips on how to not be a complete fangirl when I get to see the guys after the show? For those who have been to a gazillion of their gigs, what should I expect? Because due to the venue, I am literally going to be like two feet away from Damian and co.
  • Just keep reminding yourself that they're normal people. It'll be fine.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 13 2007, 11:14 AM)
    Just keep reminding yourself that they're normal people. It'll be fine.

That statement right next to your sig is one of the funniest things ever. biggrin.gif
  • Hahahaha, excellent point. I'm really glad that scary vision didn't come true.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 13 2007, 10:14 AM)
    So yeah, any tips on how to not be a complete fangirl when I get to see the guys after the show? For those who have been to a gazillion of their gigs, what should I expect? Because due to the venue, I am literally going to be like two feet away from Damian and co.

mixtape is right (as usual), but I tell you, I only manage to be non-fangirly about 50% of the time. You can't entirely control it, so just go with it!

If I have any advice, it's to write down, before you go, two things you definitely want to say or ask or do if you get the chance. Then, when you're waiting to talk to them, repeat keywords in your mind, so you remember. Your moment will go fast, but at least you will have gotten to say the thing you most wanted to say. You also have to know that you might not get a chance to talk to them, and you have to be OK with that. But I bet, since they rarely go to Australia, they'll make an effort to meet fans in person. Joy!
  • Why do you have to control your fangirlness?!?? Be true to your heart, honey smile.gif Do what you want!!

sureeyesawake, good advice! On my ride to shows I'd think of clever things to say but when I'm face to face with beautiful Damian, I revert back to my primal, animal instinct self and try to mate with him. And I forget what I want to say. Sigh. I think I'll write on my hand next time smile.gif

Australia.... hmm.... it sounds like a good vacation spot.... biggrin.gif Too bad it's on the other side of the world!
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ May 13 2007, 07:30 PM)
    sureeyesawake, good advice! On my ride to shows I'd think of clever things to say but when I'm face to face with beautiful Damian, I revert back to my primal, animal instinct self and try to mate with him. And I forget what I want to say. Sigh. I think I'll write on my hand next time smile.gif

Hahaha!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

All good advice. I shake and sqee it all out of my system before I see them, turn around quickly when they're standing in front of me (while they're talking to someone else), take a deep breath, then turn around and attempt to look enigmatic and unfussed. Then treat 'em like anyone else.

Arrogance seriously helps. Lol. Last time I met them, I just told myself "man, these guys are so lucky to meet me again. They better appreciate it..." Works every time wink.gif
  • I got all my screaming and such out before and during the show that I met Damian at. laugh.gif We drove past this limo that was parked right infront of the venue and I was like "HOLY SHIT WHAT IF THEY'RE IN THAT LIMO RIGHT NOW" and I was just screaming so much for no apparent reason. It was ridiculous. During the show, when Dan came on stage to play Lazy Eye with SSPU (wub.gif) I completely flipped out and oh god. I was an animal. All the "OMFG" excitement was gone by the time I met him biggrin.gif

When he came out the back to go to the tour buses though I squeaked and yelled "DAMIAN! I didn't think you were going to come out" and he was like "Well, I did. Just for you, sweety" wub.gif wub.gif What an absolute darling.

If you can't think of anything to talk about with them, just make up a random topic... like cake or ferrets or something... lol
  • QUOTE (Claret @ May 13 2007, 11:59 AM)
    I got all my screaming and such out before and during the show that I met Damian at. laugh.gif We drove past this limo that was parked right infront of the venue and I was like "HOLY SHIT WHAT IF THEY'RE IN THAT LIMO RIGHT NOW" and I was just screaming so much for no apparent reason. It was ridiculous. During the show, when Dan came on stage to play Lazy Eye with SSPU (wub.gif) I completely flipped out and oh god. I was an animal. All the "OMFG" excitement was gone by the time I met him biggrin.gif

When he came out the back to go to the tour buses though I squeaked and yelled "DAMIAN! I didn't think you were going to come out" and he was like "Well, I did. Just for you, sweety" wub.gif wub.gif What an absolute darling.

If you can't think of anything to talk about with them, just make up a random topic... like cake or ferrets or something... lol

OMG. If he said something half as sweet as that, I'd still faint! Which show was this?

Haha, how do you guys RUN OUT of screaming and OMGing when you're near them???????!! I'm just on a OMGWTFBBQOHYESBABYtrain for the entire night smile.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 13 2007, 07:14 AM)
    *raises hand up excitedly*
    Oooh, I'm going! I'm going!

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in or anything, just that I'm uber-excited.

Oh no, I'm gonna be all fangirly because I've never went to a gig of a band that I REALLY liked before (and this might be the only one because as it turns out, I'm NOT going to Splendour. Noooo!! I was thisclose to getting to see the Arctic Monkeys, Klaxons and the Shins and the Kaiser Chiefs *sobs*)

Hi LolaBert!
    G'day there in Australia! Gosh, you must get a lot of silly cliches like that thrown at you from Americans. wink.gif Not sure how old you are, but even if you are a young teenager, just imagine the guys being your classmates. They're very easy to talk to. It feels almost like they could be a classmate. Sureeyesawake had great advice. Come up with one or two things to talk about so that you don't go blank the instant you see one of them. If you do go blank, they like to talk about almost anything. I was such a newbie fan when I met Tim, I asked him all about the Million Ways dance and he didn't mind. He even signed his siggie w/ a heart for me. Giving sincere compliments helps, for example how much you liked the show and are very greatful and happy you are that they've come to Australia. Don't worry about it too much, just enjoy the moment. The guys are great at making people feel at ease without trying. Welcome to the board, hope you stick around. It's addictive.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ May 13 2007, 03:19 PM)
    OMG. If he said something half as sweet as that, I'd still faint! Which show was this?

Haha, how do you guys RUN OUT of screaming and OMGing when you're near them???????!! I'm just on a OMGWTFBBQOHYESBABYtrain for the entire night smile.gif
    March 31st at the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto smile.gif
  • I found out a couple of days ago that the Syndey gig is over 18s, very very upsetting sad.gif
    However i have tickets, I'm just not sure how I'm going to use them... yet.

To the underage Melbournians, i read on one of the sites that the Adelaide gig might be all ages. You could always do one of those cheap flights over there, you know it would be worth it tongue.gif

and LolaBert, i'm sorry you can't go to Splendour!
  • If you want to make Tim blush just tell him you saw his strip tease on You Tube. That's a good topic starter lol. Also print a copy of my fake OKGo magazine and have them autograph it. The looks on their faces when they are looking at it is funny. Who knows maybe they will get the hint that we want a magazine of them at least twice a year would be cool to start out.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ May 14 2007, 04:28 PM)
    If you want to make Tim blush just tell him you saw his strip tease on You Tube. That's a good topic starter lol. Also print a copy of my fake OKGo magazine and have them autograph it. The looks on their faces when they are looking at it is funny. Who knows maybe they will get the hint that we want a magazine of them at least twice a year would be cool to start out.

haha wow you made a magazine!? I would love to get them to sign it, how do i get a copy?

Thanks for the strip tease topic starter too, mabye i could ask for a reinactment...? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ May 13 2007, 02:30 PM)
    Why do you have to control your fangirlness?!?? Be true to your heart, honey smile.gif Do what you want!!

mmm, I dunno, I agree with Kay. I mean, wouldn't you rather actually talk to them than be this screaming blob?
    I really regret that when I met Rusty, I was all gushy. I seriously tried to control it and I couldn't help myself, but I do regret wasting those minutes- they may have been the only minutes I'll ever get to meet a hero of mine. I mean, he literally, literally jumped when I screamed out his name.
    And for example, Andy's an extremely awesome computer programmer, and even though I suck at it, I love java and fortran- and I just think it would it have been so much cooler if I had an actual conversation about something like that than, um, scaring him. Of course he was nice; they're all really sweet. But as Kay said, they're just people too and wouldn't you rather come back having actually talked than just been another annoying, squealing girl?
  • Yeah, I mean, I've never freaked out around the guys or any other musician, but I imagine it would be really sucky to look back on that and wish things would have gone differently or feel embarrassed about how you acted.