In this Discussion

the "im getting paid and need new albums" thread

Comments

• haha dude I love your sig... I always laugh when I see that Starburst commercial laugh.gif
  • I noticed a lot of you like The Strokes, so I recommend Tokyo Police Club.

I might upload their album later.
  • The new They Might Be Giants album is coming out sometime in July.

I'm trying to contain my excitement but it's really not working
  • yay people understand what its like to have to catch up on years of music! haha
    and see i'm brown, so growing up, my parents didn't play the beatles or any classic rock in general in the car.. it was either radio or brown music so i have to go way back and catch up!

anyway, i got travis' new album last week - its not bad.. its travis basically haha. i really like "three times and you lose" and "big chair"

and last night my friends cousin somehow new someone and got maroon 5's new album which isn't due til next week! and so of course being the lovely friend she is she sent it to me and its awesome! a lot more pop-ish, but not like stupid typical radio pop, more like old school pop you know? hard to explain haha.

have any of you listened to stars? they're quite interesting.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ May 15 2007, 11:24 AM)
    yay people understand what its like to have to catch up on years of music! haha
    and see i'm brown, so growing up, my parents didn't play the beatles or any classic rock in general in the car.. it was either radio or brown music so i have to go way back and catch up!

anyway, i got travis' new album last week - its not bad.. its travis basically haha. i really like "three times and you lose" and "big chair"

and last night my friends cousin somehow new someone and got maroon 5's new album which isn't due til next week! and so of course being the lovely friend she is she sent it to me and its awesome! a lot more pop-ish, but not like stupid typical radio pop, more like old school pop you know? hard to explain haha.

have any of you listened to stars? they're quite interesting.

hahahahahha ya... I understand that... but my dad did play me elvis and disco donald as well as the Indian music.

Did you guys see that Video Demitri Martin made for That new travis song? "selfish Jean its on his myspace... adorable and funny, typical Demitri. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2026270008

I pretty much hate that new Maroon 5 song..."is it any wonder" the video makes me want to barf (sexy airplanes much? ... make up a real plot please... and he does some wierd pelvic dance.) and the song is so different from thier other album... I dunno... I was waiting for another "this love" or something.

Stars are SOOOO good. I'm totally in love with that band. I was listening to "one more night" this morning... almost brought a tear to my eye.
  • They Might Be Giants!!!!!!!!! can't wait.

I've never heard of "Stars"... what do they sound like?
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ May 15 2007, 01:20 PM)
    I've never heard of "Stars"... what do they sound like?

http://girljukebox.typepad.com/sugartown/f...ver_is_dead.mp3

Thats " your ex lover is dead " by stars.... sooo good.
  • omg agentnumone you're indian!??! finally another brown person on here woo!
    apparently my parents used to listen to like beegees and abba back in the day but they never played that when i was a kid but whatever.

yeah stars are cool i dont know how to classify them because their first album is way diff from the other two.. i really like "counting stars on the ceiling" i dont know why..
    listen to stars pearl! you shall enjoy smile.gif

and yeah this new maroon 5 is different from old maroon 5, but its not terrible.. oh except for adam levines haircut.. thats uhh not pretty even though hes still pretty teehee.
  • NEW RUFUS ALBUM TODAY ASFGHJKLDDSJJSSQIAK
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 15 2007, 09:28 PM)
    NEW RUFUS ALBUM TODAY ASFGHJKLDDSJJSSQIAK

I'm in a sudden fever of Rufus Weinright (sp?). I'll buy all of his albums one by one.

*Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever / The Cribs
    It's not on sale yet but I know their music is always amazing.

*Mirrored / Battles
    Totally cool.
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ May 18 2007, 02:28 PM)
    *Mirrored / Battles
    Totally cool.

Batles are amaaaazing. I can't stop listening to "Atlas"

It was one of those things where, the first time I listened to it, I wasn't quite into it, but the second time, I was HOOKED (in the way where I was humming the, albeit rather erratic, tune all day)

Have you seen the music video?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 15 2007, 10:28 PM)
    NEW RUFUS ALBUM TODAY ASFGHJKLDDSJJSSQIAK

He's on british tv now!! biggrin.gif
    EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love that man.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 18 2007, 02:43 PM)
    Batles are amaaaazing. I can't stop listening to "Atlas"

It was one of those things where, the first time I listened to it, I wasn't quite into it, but the second time, I was HOOKED (in the way where I was humming the, albeit rather erratic, tune all day)

Have you seen the music video?

No, I'm too lazy to download or register with video site.
    I guess it from their music, their video would be pretty interesting...
    I'm glad that you like Battles anyways biggrin.gif.

I bought two cds, THE RETURN TO FROM BLACK MAGICK PARTY by Pop Levi, EVERYTHING LAST WINTER by Fields.
    Kaiser Chief's something something Angry Mob is still on my buying list.
  • Don't know if this would be up your proverbial alley, but the new album by Pink Martini is pretty sweet.

http://www.pinkmartini.com

(I really wish they'd tour with OKGO.)

Also, fans of OKGO would probably like Lilys' albums Better Can't Make Your Life Better or The 3-Way.
  • I finally picked up Neutral Milk Hotel's Aeroplane Over the Sea. Yeah. I'm late on the uptake.

I also found a recording of the cast recording to the original production of Thoroughly Modern Millie (I love that musical way too much) along with the soundtrack to The Graduate... which is basically Simon & Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence and Mrs. Robinson on repeat. Seriously.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 9 2007, 11:42 PM)
    I finally picked up Neutral Milk Hotel's Aeroplane Over the Sea. Yeah. I'm late on the uptake.

This is one of the best records I'd ever heard. Listening to it makes me want to cry and dance around.
  • i cant wait for yeti to release a cd, if you havent heard of yeti. shame on you. oh andy, you should get 'one eye on the banquet' by yeti
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jun 10 2007, 04:36 PM)
    This is one of the best records I'd ever heard. Listening to it makes me want to cry and dance around.

I know! The songs all flow together in this really magificent way also.. granted I put it on when I was falling asleep so they all blurred together. Everything falls in place and it's just completely beautiful. There's really no weak point to the album. I was lucky to purchase it on vinyl (which I like because, for some reason, it makes me appreciate the album more. I have to take care of it and keep it unscratched and store them lovingly. They're like pets, in some odd way. Does that make me sound weird?).

The cover art is great too!
    It reminds me of the illustrated copy I have of Alice in Wonderland for some reason or another

I've been a big fan of finding great cover art ever since I stumbled across the cover of Big Brother & the Holding Company's "Cheap Thrills" cover, which is illustrated by R. Crumb (with whom I am strangely fascinated).
  • Louis XIV - The Best Little Secrets Are Kept

That album is amazing. I adore them!
  • howl- black rebel motorcycle club

im addicted to the cd again, go buy it. or at least download it. just own it.