In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (mmmary @ Oct 2 2007, 01:16 AM)
    YKYOW it's Spirit Week at school and tomorrow is Boy Band Day and... do I really need to say who I'm dressing up as?

ohmy.gif AMAZING! My school does not do cool days like that for Spirit Week.

My friend did suggest that four of us dress as OK Go for Halloween, though. We were originally going to be the characters from Clue... but Damian beats Colonel Mustard any day.
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Oct 2 2007, 01:16 AM)
    YKYOW it's Spirit Week at school and tomorrow is Boy Band Day and... do I really need to say who I'm dressing up as?

Thats really cool! We have spirit week this week too but we have stupid days. Today was cowgirl day, and well lets just say I don't have much cowgirl in me. Tomorrow is 80s day though so that should be fun. Good luck with the outfit!

And Shalu I totally wanted to be ok go for halloween too, but I just don't think I could do them justice haha.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Oct 2 2007, 08:16 PM)
    My friend did suggest that four of us dress as OK Go for Halloween, though. We were originally going to be the characters from Clue... but Damian beats Colonel Mustard any day.

haha dammit. i thought this was mildly original... but my friends and i are doing it too wink.gif
  • YKYOW you like Threadless tees even more because there's a treadmill on one of the new shirts.

to encourage your friend to play better in tennis, you try to imitate Damian and Tim's art teacher by telling her to feel the ball and the racket with her mind.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 2 2007, 07:24 AM)
    Mary! Welcome back! I hope you had a happy birthday!
    You should really send pictures of you dressed up.

Thank you so much! I felt that I needed to drop by. It's been a while. DWYW being on EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL EVER reminded me about how OK Go less I've been in the past few months..
    of course, I missed all of you fantastic peoples too.

Here's a photo that doesn't really do any justice (or it's attached, I'm a little rusty on board posting). I ended up cropping out my friend who was supposted to be dressed like them with me, but seeing as she isn't a supafan (ahah) she didn't really grasp their style concept. She was wearing a beanie... (uhh really?!?)

QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Oct 2 2007, 05:16 PM)
    We were originally going to be the characters from Clue... but Damian beats Colonel Mustard any day.

HAHA! That's funny... I have to be Colonel Mustard in a spirit skit on Friday (it was Col. Mustard who killed school spirit in freshman hall with the rolling backpack...duh). If only I could have convinced my fellow class officers to be OK Go and end with a bang with the MW dance... perhaps next year.
  • I think that picture is great! I especially love the stripey pants - well done!
  • the jacket and pants are FABULOUS!!! i MUST inquire as to where you found em?!
  • The pantalones (which are my favorite pants EVER) are Marc Jacobs, and the jacket I found in my mom's closet. Heh, and the tie I'm wearing was initially supposed to be for Dan and we were going to give it to him when we went to their show, but me being me, misplaced it the day of the show. I thought I would put it to good use.
  • YKYOW: You accidentally say Damian when you really meant to say your teachers name that's pronounced "Day-nee"
  • YKYOW: you watch Mean Girls and every time they say Damian's name in the movie, or Damian speaks you picture Mr. Kulash himself saying everything...

it was incredibly pathetic you guys

edit: "4 for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco! 1 for, Cady Heron, is there a Cady here?... and none for Gretchen Weiners, bye."
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 8 2007, 08:27 PM)
    YKYOW: you watch Mean Girls and every time they say Damian's name in the movie, or Damian speaks you picture Mr. Kulash himself saying everything...
    it was incredibly pathetic you guys
    edit: "4 for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco! 1 for, Cady Heron, is there a Cady here?... and none for Gretchen Weiners, bye."

YES! I've watched Mean Girls twice in the last four days (weird coincidence) and haha. Damian.

DANNY DEVITO, I LOVE YOUR WORK! laugh.gif If Damian K. would ever say that, I think my life would really be complete.
  • ahhahaha i ALMOST put that quote in there shalu smile.gif
  • YKYOW you FINALLY get around to listening to a certain podcast which was held live a while back, and you're incredibly excited when you hear that they played Television, Television during a break. It greatly upsets you that you were not around to call in and say "OMG you played OK Go!! I love you even more now!!"
  • YKYOW you high five your friends when you discover that OK Go now have their own section at JB Hi Fi and not only that but it's also one of the nice printed ones, not just scribbled with texta.

YKYOW you check this OK Go section almost every day and high five your friends again when you see that there are now two copies of 'Oh No' left, when before there were three

YKYOW you're in JB Hi Fi again, this time checking out laptops. You search for OK Go on the Mac, find the HIGA video and then high five your friend and turn the volume up super loud so everyone can hear

Gimme five!
  • YKYOW you stay up till 3am just to see the first glimpse of OK Go on V Spot and call your friends just to tell them about it.

Too bad I can do this anymore..summer '06 was such a good time for the boys.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 14 2007, 08:15 AM)
    Gimme five!

HIGH FIVES!
  • Yeeahh! ^^ hehe biggrin.gif

YKYOW brainstorming ideas/themes for your major artwork, your teacher suggests you think of something you feel passionately about and your mind immediately begins working out how you can incorporate paisley into a body of work.
  • ykyow you have an idea to put in here but you're so overwhelmed by other ideas that you forgot your initial one... and then all the rest....

dry.gif
  • Hahaha! I do that all the time, Katie!!

YKYOW:
    *Your mom runs up to you to tell you about the Lily Allen song that mentions OK Go, incredibly excited and attempting to rap to show you.

*Your little sister sings "A PO needs a dollar amount!" while brushing her teeth. (I tried to film it, but she saw me and stopped :lol)
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 15 2007, 10:24 AM)
    *Your little sister sings "A PO needs a dollar amount!" while brushing her teeth. (I tried to film it, but she saw me and stopped :lol)

^^that was brilliant just for the mere dental connection wink.gif

YkYOW
    you purchase an overpriced piece of paper at a museum in Flagstaff because it reminds you of Teeny Ok Go (see my post in Teeny Ok Go thread to know what I'm talking about)