In this Discussion

OK Go at Northwestern University

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 07:55 PM)
    December 5, 2007-Northwestern University

After the show, since we were RIGHT in front of Andy, I'm talking, perfect view for someone like me, (he threw a pick and it fell RIGHT in front of the stage, no one else saw it, so I was determined to get it after the show was over) he threw another pick... but this time, he looked DIRECTLY at me, I shit you not, and tossed one RIGHT at me. I pulled my arms to my chest and looked around and I didn't see it. Luckily the lights came up and I was looking EVERYWHERE... I soon found it, and and I snatched up the other one and gave it to Angie smile.gif. We mosied around, sort of just waiting inside as long as possible because it was FREEZING outside... Well, we waited out back by where all the rental cars where, and the trucks for the equipment. Some lady came out and told us OK Go had left 15 mins earlier, and I was like, hmm okay. Yeah right. So we stayed. It was just me, Ang and Becky, so not an outrageous amt of people anyway. Well... no more than 10 mins later, I see Dan, Damian and Andy walking toward the doors. Dan says hi, smiles and walks into a car, Damian bolts for a different car, and Andy, that little prince charming, walks up and asks if he can sign anything for us, we said yes, and I asked if I could get a picture after. And Becky asked for him to sign the setlist, and we chatted with him for a minute. I asked him about the SDR cd's and he was like, "Well, I found 3 in my car, and I have yet to decide what to do with them. Some sort of contest" ANd I was like, okay, well, I would DIE and do just about anything for one of them, so keep us posted! And then I got my picture (gorgeous) and I said, "God, my face is frozen, I can't get my lips to smile" and I got yet another sympathetic giggle (much like the one I got for my several "oh my God"'s last time..) He was super rushed this entire time because they were waiting to leave. And he was like, "Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good" He said thanks for coming and all that jazz, hopped in the car. ANd then, Angie hits my arm, and she's like,you guys, Damian's waving. He waved at Angie, and then he waved again to all of us. And we got a cute little Damian smile. SO cute.

you managed to talk to Andy....and he threw a pick at you? ohmy.gif ...And he remembered you from the crowd?
    Have you any idea how jealous I am.... sad.gif
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Dec 7 2007, 04:04 PM)
    OMG KATIE!!! THAT IS AWESOM!! Im so HAPPY for you!! I bet you were gunna pass out!! Omg that is soooo exciting!!!

But no Tim?? Did he not come out or somthing?

He slipped into one of the heated vehicles very quickly. I don't blame him...IT. WAS. FREEZING. haha
  • Thanks for the pics and videos Angie and Becky wub.gif AND Thanks for that wonderful report Katie! OMG you lucky lucky girl!

Rosa
  • Christy,

He zipped outta there so fast. When we were talking to Andy, he came out and hopped in the car, and I was like "Oh! There's Tim!" and he didn't hear me b/c he flew into the car so fast... which, like Beas said, can't blame him because it was cold as hell. It was SO close to the lake, the wind from it was just BITTER.

But yes ya'll, it was TRULY amazing. I'm glad I did an OK job with the write up... twas my first time!
  • Well then I know why fate did not let me go to the concert. Lol. It wants me to meet Tim again on a nice warm day. Lol
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    I have no words except that!!!!

Wait, no, I do have some:
    OOOOOMG!

we caught Tim, Damian and Andy *sigh* walking by, observing, all bundled up.

That is so cuuute! Little boys all bundled. It sounds like winter magic!

I left the door open so all the security people, and the ticket takers could be cold like us.
    Some giant (in all aspects of the word) girl kept trying to move into Angie's space... luckily, she's a little spitfire Mexi and that shit wasn't gonna fly. We held our ground, and well, I must say.

Applause! Yay for Katie and Angie! Next time, elbows!

To which Damian replied "There are three girls in here who love Andy Duncan... woo woo AND woo"

I LOVE this part!

Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good"

That is so sweet and lovely! It makes me feel all tingly.

And this picture:
    needs to be framed.

I can't wait to see the rest! Thank you so so so much for sharing your photos and your memories! Your whole write-up was absolutely thrilling, Katie!

Becky, your photos keep making me shriek. There was one on your flickr that I think I stared at for a full 5 minutes.
  • i really LOVE the way Andy always stands on his tiptoes when playing... so cute. And the report was awesome, Andy remembered you from the crowd, that is... omg, you really really really are lucky ... (and i'm so jealous.... haha)
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 11:55 AM)
    After the show, since we were RIGHT in front of Andy, I'm talking, perfect view for someone like me, (he threw a pick and it fell RIGHT in front of the stage, no one else saw it, so I was determined to get it after the show was over) he threw another pick... but this time, he looked DIRECTLY at me, I shit you not, and tossed one RIGHT at me. I pulled my arms to my chest and looked around and I didn't see it. Luckily the lights came up and I was looking EVERYWHERE... I soon found it, and and I snatched up the other one and gave it to Angie smile.gif.

And he was like, "Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good" He said thanks for coming and all that jazz, hopped in the car.

Awww. That's so awesome! I think you did a great job with your write-up. I would have never guessed it was your first. Which reminds me, I still have to do my Summer Sonic write-up and upload the videos to Youtube.

Becky, those pictures are beautiful. Thanks for posting them!

I totally have OK Go withdrawal right now. I was telling my sister about your pick story and then we ended up reminiscing about past OK Go shows. They need to come back to San Francisco. I'll even go down to LA. Just somewhere in California!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 01:55 PM)
    And then I got my picture (gorgeous) and I said, "God, my face is frozen, I can't get my lips to smile" and I got yet another sympathetic giggle (much like the one I got for my several "oh my God"'s last time..) He was super rushed this entire time because they were waiting to leave. And he was like, "Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good" He said thanks for coming and all that jazz, hopped in the car. ANd then, Angie hits my arm, and she's like,you guys, Damian's waving. He waved at Angie, and then he waved again to all of us. And we got a cute little Damian smile. SO cute.

It was truly magical. Sorry if that was horribly fangirlish towards the end, but it was just so awesome, I couldn't really help myself!!

Wow i'm incredibly jealous of you right now. Andy actually threw a pick just for you!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG You're so lucky. Andy's so sweet! I'm glad you guys had a great time even though it was freezing cold. I'm pretty sure it was all worth it. and I love the fangirlishness at the end. haha

QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Dec 7 2007, 05:40 PM)
    Well then I know why fate did not let me go to the concert. Lol. It wants me to meet Tim again on a nice warm day. Lol

laugh.gif yes the perfect day.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 01:55 PM)
    December 5, 2007-Northwestern University

Set List was as follows (as far as I can remember!!):

House
    TV
    Don't Ask
    No Sign
    Violent Femmes cover
    Good Idea
    Acoustic Set:
    AMW
    What To Do
    Disaster
    OLISQ
    Invincible
    HIGA
    And for the encore complete with LED jackets:
    Don't Bring Me Down
    DWYW

That could be a LITTLE off, but Becky has the set list, so she knows the real order smile.gif

Here's the set list:

And very awesome job on the rundown of the show.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 02:55 PM)
    Before they started the acoustic set, Damian did some little bantering while Tim and Andy found a spot WAYYYY in the back, far from us (boo), he talked about how Andy Duncan went to Northwestern, and a couple girls, including myself shouted for him. To which Damian replied "There are three girls in here who love Andy Duncan... woo woo AND woo"

A HA! You're the other "woo"! My friend and I were the other two who yelled when Kulash mentioned Slam Duncan. I figured there would be more people cheering for Andy, but I guess there really weren't many old-skool fans there who know who is is. Bummer.
  • AHHH!!! You guys are the other woo's!! haha that's so awesome! Not that I'm not totally and completely infatuated w/ Mr. Ross (i truly am) it's good to hear they're still friends because i know that most of my other bands i love, when a member leaves, it's usually a bad falling out... but haha that's so awesome. Angie (beasle) has video of it wink.gif
  • when we were watching that in the car, i kept thinking about how awesome his hair looked in that woo video... sigh
  • Ohhh Katie, that was a fantastic write-up. And everything about Andy and you... ahhh he SO likes you. LOL, it's incredibly adorable, and I'm so jealous. And I'm so jealous of you, Angie, for getting waved at by our love smile.gif

I noticed that Damian didn't have as much banter at our show, either. Hmmm... I guess he's kinda sick of shows, after over 2 and a half years of touring.
  • hey rachel... i have another paper due thursday, so, if you could announce another tour date in driving distance sometime this week that would be AWESOME wink.gif

this was a phenomenal experience. it was great in so many ways i can't even tell you. well, i've tried w/ my write-up, but nothing compares to being there and seeing it and feeling it. i just adore these guys so much
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 10 2007, 11:27 PM)
    hey rachel... i have another paper due thursday, so, if you could announce another tour date in driving distance sometime this week that would be AWESOME wink.gif

this was a phenomenal experience. it was great in so many ways i can't even tell you. well, i've tried w/ my write-up, but nothing compares to being there and seeing it and feeling it. i just adore these guys so much

ROFLMAO!

Yeah, Kate, I'll get right on that. As soon as I get the boys scheduled to play my apartment. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2007, 11:18 AM)
    ROFLMAO!

Yeah, Kate, I'll get right on that. As soon as I get the boys scheduled to play my apartment. wink.gif

okay great. thanks. keep me posted wink.gif
  • Finally, YouTube worked with me.

Prove My Love cover There's some pretty good banter from Damian. And he kinda surfs in the audience. And a lot of Andy time. I swear, I need to do something about this addiction. Or do I?

And dur, props to the roadie! That guy is super awesome.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 11 2007, 08:07 PM)
    Finally, YouTube worked with me.

Prove My Love cover There's some pretty good banter from Damian. And a lot of Andy time. I swear, I need to do something about this addiction.

kick ass!!! and no you don't. it's perfectly healthy... i'm totally normal... right.