In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• My mom having a boyfriend. What the fuck at that.
  • My bronchitis rearing its very ugly head.

I HATE being sick.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 30 2007, 02:41 AM)
    My mom having a boyfriend. What the fuck at that.

My thoughts exactly. I feel your pain.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 30 2007, 02:41 AM)
    My mom having a boyfriend. What the fuck at that.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 30 2007, 01:00 PM)
    My thoughts exactly. I feel your pain.

Yeah. I knew your guys' pain too... luckily she got rid of hers a few years ago, but we put up with him for nearly 4 years. Sorry, and I hope it all works out well in the end. Seriously.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 27 2007, 05:03 PM)
    Update: I did manage to convince the dentist to pose for some shots of me pretending to look very terrified. I think he was just impressed that I had a Polaroid.

It's amazing what people will do if you just ask. I was hoping for a more action-shot of them coming after me with tools, but I look adequately frazzled.

And now the left side of my ace still feels a little numb. To give you an idea of how I work, I'm sitting here making faces since it feels a little funny.

Numbness is no fun right before lunch! When we first had to learn how to give shots, we had to do it to each other and it was always right before lunch. Lol, your doctor is hillarious. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pose in any terrifying pics. I want to be a one of those political advocates who demands better treatment of dentist in the media. I will eliminate all those anti-dentites in the world laugh.gif

Although, there is a pictures circulating somewhere I let a patient take of me just before her root canal. I had on my big glasses with the magnifyers on them, a head lamp around my head right over my glasses, and a face mask on. You'd think I was going into a cave to dig for semi-precious metals. She wanted a picture of her space alien dentist.

Mixtape: I totally feel your pain. My mom has dated many a loser George Costanza-esque man. It was even worse when we were younger and she was more desperate for a father figure for us. She finally realized that was a dumb thing to do. *Hugs to you for dealing with the yucky*
  • Thank you guys so much. It's just so...weird. I mean, she's never really had a long-term boyfriend since my dad, so this is all brand new and she's acting like it should be no big deal for me. Helllooooo, I'm an only child, I have every right to be freaked the fuck out! I don't know. I'm trying to be supportive and everything. He's kind of a loud, "funny" party guy, which normally wouldn't bother me, but it's so different when that person's with your mom. I can do without the sex jokes, kthnx!
  • I was watching 1 vs 100 with my sister and it's the most idiotic thing ever.
    First they had a woman go on against 100 men and she was DISGUSTINGLY STUPID. I mean, they asked her a prime numbers question and she was like, "I don't know...Isn't it when you multiply by 2?" and of course she got the answer wrong. HOW COULD ANYONE NOT KNOW WHAT A PRIME NUMBER IS????!!!!!!

And now they have a guy against 100 women, and the guy is a total nerd, from his speaking mannerisms to his nerdy glasses. And the questions are no longer "who sang this song? which of these is a prime number?" but politics and stuff (at least for now).

It was all effectively sexist, I think.
    I thought these things were supposed to be random. Gah, tv is so awful these days.
    I've never seen this show before; I was actually trying to read while my sister was watching but I'm easily distracted. But never again shall I watch 1 vs 100. Bob Sagget, you disappoint. I used to love you on Full House.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 4 2008, 06:31 PM)
    Sagget, you disappoint. I used to love you on Full House.

Best quote ever!

Shit, I really hate this. I have to fill out a form that will "match" me to a pediatric dental program. I really want to go to Loma Linda. It's the only school I really heard back from. Sucks cause I'm a really good student, I just applied late. Pretty much that means it's the only school I can put on this "match" form. There were 24 people interviewed for 4 spots. If it was names being picked out of a hat, I'd have a 1 in 6 chance. But I'm scared wit-less. I won't even get back any results until Jan 28th!
  • i have to start school tomorrow... this is annoying. i'm mad. i'm not prepared at all
  • I just got back to school and I realized that I forgot my cell phone and laptop chargers at home. I have to last at least four days before I can go back to get them. Luckily I know people with the same cell phone and laptop, so hopefully they'll let me borrow their chargers for a little bit.

So, if I disappear for the week, it's because I'm conserving my battery.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 5 2008, 01:31 AM)
    Bob Sagget, you disappoint. I used to love you on Full House.

I could never think of him the same way after seeing his bit on The Aristocrats
    (which my roommate often, very wrongly, confuses with Disney's The Aristocats)
  • I just need to say I am so sick of commercials!!! The song Paradise by the Dashboard lights being used in a hgtv commercial is driving me nuts!! That song and the Lemon Song(led zeppelin) are songs I could do without ever hearing again.

whew! that feels better to get out;)
  • Ohio State fucking lost again!
    My poor little heart cannot take anymore disappointment.
    And I hate procrastination but I just can't escape it...
    I have a presentation thursday and exams next week and I haven't even started studying! Oh great!

But I did just paint my nails a super rad pink color so I'm pretty happy bout that haha. smile.gif
  • jkfhasjkfd I can't find SE2EP3 of Life on Mars

and I'm in despair

I can't miss anything sad.gif sad.gif
  • ummmm. I'm being cancelled on because my friend wants to go to a chess tournament in guelph she was wait listed and now is on the list instead of coming to my work party... now i don't think i can find anyone else to come on such short notice.... bleh... i feel sucky.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 10 2008, 12:00 AM)
    ummmm. I'm being cancelled on because my friend wants to go to a chess tournament in guelph she was wait listed and now is on the list instead of coming to my work party... now i don't think i can find anyone else to come on such short notice.... bleh... i feel sucky.

i'd go with you if i could... just so you know smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 9 2008, 02:48 PM)
    jkfhasjkfd I can't find SE2EP3 of Life on Mars

and I'm in despair

I can't miss anything sad.gif sad.gif

you've probably found it by now, but....

http://leechme.blogspot.com/2007/11/life-o...o-complete.html

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 10 2008, 12:18 AM)
    i'd go with you if i could... just so you know smile.gif

lol awww thanks
  • hahah Mel, I saw that you had posted on here and I thought it was going to be about the Stella/OK Go show in NYC.
  • hahahha i just saw that!

i would like to complain now though. sigh! Stella and the boys! eee!