In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I just cut my hair off.
    It's sort of Victoria Beckham style now, only a little less angled in the front:

My hair grows sadly fast. It reaches back to almost my waist every year, and it's sadly poofy so I always look like Simba or Mufasa or some kind of lion.
    They used that hot thing, ironer of some sort, to flatten it, and now it's very neat and styled. That shall last until tomorrow, when it thickens back and I just put a kerchief over it like always.

My plan was always this: let it grown until it reaches almost my feet, and then cut it all off with a knife, Mulan style. And then I would fry it as some kind of feminist gesture. But, so far I've just been growing it and cutting off for LocksofLove. The Mulan thing will have to wait.
  • aww! I'm actually very jealous of you, Sally... I wish my hair grew freaky fast so I could cut it that much, but it takes SO long grow that the last time I cut it super short... like, summer '06 it was by my ears. i haven't braved that cut since then since after about a month i miss my hair and it takes a lifetime to grow it back

edit: 2 summers ago... ignore my stupid face.

now:
  • Oooooh Sally we need pictures!
    I need a hair cut, my hair is stupidly long at the moment. It's getting hard to manage now..
  • I've been known to cut and style my own hair cause I don't trust anyone else to do it. Sooner or later, I'll go back to a hairdresser
  • I finally got an email about a Brown interview!!!
    on one hand, I'm really excited, because I think an interview will really help
    but on the other hand, it's unbelievably nerve-wracking

asdkjlkadshgfljafgjlg

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 9 2008, 02:38 PM)
    I finally got an email about a Brown interview!!!

asdkjlkadshgfljafgjlg

Phantommilkie, you'll do wonderful! I'm excited for you. I've never had a college interview, but I've sat in on and been to a few dental ones.
    When is your interview? I could give you a few questions that tend to come up (for dental school it might be sort of similar).

Has anyone here ever heard of an actor named Sam Levine? He should be about 25 years old, that's all I know about him.

Some more useless trivia: Novocaine is a derivative of Cocaine.
  • aww, Tempe!!! wub.gif
    and well, I've had ...*counts*... 5 interviews already, so hopefully I'll be okay.
    It's still freaking nerve-wracking, though.
    especially since Brown is sort of, like, my top choice?
    asdkfjhaskjldghaljdfgajlfg

anywaysss

I'm in a weird mood tonight.
    I dunno, social events/party/things tend to do that to me.
    and it was a weird night anyways...
    eh, whatever.

I just wish I had gone with my other friend instead. She was going to play cranium w/ her boyfriend and his college friends, that prolly would have been more fun.

kadsjfhakdfjghkdjsfg

oh well.
  • k'm fonging to fall overs i'm dr;unk yipssssss
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 9 2008, 10:19 PM)
    I've been known to cut and style my own hair cause I don't trust anyone else to do it. Sooner or later, I'll go back to a hairdresser

I do the same thing, haha. Last summer I've actually been to a hairdresser, as both my friends were like "omg, that man is wonderful" and well... it was not that spectacular and I tend to think, ok, I could have done this... (when really I couldn't have, I know that, whenever I start cutting my hair I realize that i don't have eyes on the back of my head so I don't know how weird I'm cutting...)

katie, I love your drunkenness!!! promise to go out with me and party should I ever be in the US!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 10 2008, 07:24 AM)
    k'm fonging to fall overs i'm dr;unk yipssssss

Oh hoorah drunk post!

I was dancing all over the place last night.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 9 2008, 09:38 PM)

asdkjlkadshgfljafgjlg

AHHHHH!!! Congratulations!! That's fantastic, you darling genius!!
    I'm so proud wub.gif
  • katie, I found two weird spoofs that members of the Golden Girls did and I wanted to post them cause I thought they'd best be appreciated when drunk. But then I saw, there was no on anymore, so you must have signed out. It was Bea Arthur pretending to be Carrie on Sex and the City, and the other three Golden Girls pretending to be on "Clueless." Ma played the role of Cher. It was pretty creepy actually.

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 10 2008, 05:33 AM)
    I do the same thing, haha. Last summer I've actually been to a hairdresser, as both my friends were like "omg, that man is wonderful" and well... it was not that spectacular and I tend to think, ok, I could have done this... (when really I couldn't have, I know that, whenever I start cutting my hair I realize that i don't have eyes on the back of my head so I don't know how weird I'm cutting...)

I like to wear rollers/curlers after I wash my hair in order to give my curls more proof. Since my hair is already in pieces, I cut while I'm taking out the rollers. That usually helps get the back cut evenly. But yeah, the greatest downfall to cutting one's own hair can be just what you mentioned.

Is there a scientific reason for why when I study I crave hard boiled eggs? huh.gif
  • It's Grammy night, and all I can think about is last year's Grammy night, when our boys WON!

Next year, boys, it's time for you to win music award. biggrin.gif
  • You're right! We were all so excited.

The Grammys are tonight?
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 10 2008, 07:19 PM)
    You're right! We were all so excited.

The Grammys are tonight?

Yep, on CBS!
  • O ya! I remember that, we were soooo excited!

It's time for then to win another...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 10 2008, 06:22 PM)
    Yep, on CBS!

In that case, cool!

Not that I want to wish anything bad on anyone, but I hope Taylor Swift doesn't win the Grammy for best new artist...she sings with a fake country accent, and in my opinion, it's easier to sing with a country accent...maybe it's just me...but I must admit I like her "Our Song" song.

OK Go needs to make another cool music video. I can't think of anything cooler thn dancing on treadmills, but I'm sure they can.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 9 2008, 01:38 PM)

asdkjlkadshgfljafgjlg

YAY! That's awesome. I'll send you lots of IWI good luck vibes.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 10 2008, 02:23 PM)
    katie, I found two weird spoofs that members of the Golden Girls did and I wanted to post them cause I thought they'd best be appreciated when drunk. But then I saw, there was no on anymore, so you must have signed out. It was Bea Arthur pretending to be Carrie on Sex and the City, and the other three Golden Girls pretending to be on "Clueless." Ma played the role of Cher. It was pretty creepy actually.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh my God. I need to see this.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 10 2008, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=159099

Bea Arthur Spoofs Sex and the City
    (Also featured are Mrs. Garrett, Sally Struthers, and Mona from "Who's the Boss")