In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW...

You immediately think of OK Go when you see Kanye's LED jacket on the Grammys smile.gif
  • LOL, Adam said the SAME THING!!!
  • Ang and Rach both beat me to it wink.gif
  • Aw, the Grammys haven't aired yet here. At least that means I haven't missed it.
  • YKYOW you're really excited for Valentine's day simply because you're going to wear your Damian-esque red socks that day!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Feb 11 2008, 10:30 PM)
    YKYOW you're really excited for Valentine's day simply because

Valentine's Day was created in the city Andy was born! smile.gif
  • YKYOW you're walking around Target and see Hullabaloo and immediately think of It's Tough To Have a Crush When the Boy Doesn't Feel the Same Way You Do.
  • YKYOW I took the first half of this huge dental test today. There's a pharacology section that asked a question and one of the answer choices was Klonopin, and I instantly lost concentration laugh.gif

Also: There's a sandwich at Safeway called "Arizona Fire" and everytime I see the sign for it, "Chicago Fire" gets stuck in my head.
  • So today during Calculus I found out that some immature-jock-types were planning on doing one of the Ok Go dances (it sounded like HIGA, but I dunno if they're that insane) for the senior show...

and I'm not sure how I feel about this.

because on one hand, I love anything to do with Ok Go, and it's cool that they have semi-decent taste (although it might be from Rock Band, you can never tell with them)

but on the other hand, they're not exactly the sort of kids I want to have music in common with. (well except for one of them, who also likes Apollo Sunshine... biggrin.gif )

and also, if I mention to them that Ok Go is one of my favoritest bands ever of all time, and go all obsessive on them, that would be really, really awkward.

But on the other hand, I don't want to let them even approach one of my favoritest bands ever of all time without having some say in it, or at least letting them know that Ok Go are definitely and irretrievably mine, no matter what they do.

and finally, I feel like I should know better than to care so much, that it doesn't really matter what they do, or if they know how I feel about this band, or anything. because really, it's sort of completely immature for me to get so worked up about this...

but I can't help it.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

talk about a dilemma

I guess this is what happens when you're truly 100% obsessed.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 12 2008, 08:15 PM)
    So today during Calculus I found out that some immature-jock-types were planning on doing one of the Ok Go dances (it sounded like HIGA, but I dunno if they're that insane) for the senior show...

and I'm not sure how I feel about this.

because on one hand, I love anything to do with Ok Go, and it's cool that they have semi-decent taste (although it might be from Rock Band, you can never tell with them)

but on the other hand, they're not exactly the sort of kids I want to have music in common with. (well except for one of them, who also likes Apollo Sunshine... biggrin.gif )

and also, if I mention to them that Ok Go is one of my favoritest bands ever of all time, and go all obsessive on them, that would be really, really awkward.

But on the other hand, I don't want to let them even approach one of my favoritest bands ever of all time without having some say in it, or at least letting them know that Ok Go are definitely and irretrievably mine, no matter what they do.

and finally, I feel like I should know better than to care so much, that it doesn't really matter what they do, or if they know how I feel about this band, or anything. because really, it's sort of completely immature for me to get so worked up about this...

but I can't help it.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

talk about a dilemma

I guess this is what happens when you're truly 100% obsessed.

aah, I know how you feel. I think it's normal. I was just telling my mom the other day, "I'd be horrified if I ever heard anyone in school singing Rooney." And she said, "Really???" Rooney's another band I'm suuuper obsessed with. I mentioned it because they're opening for the Jonas Brothers in my city tonight, and kids at school are always singing JB songs and...ugh. I would tear my hair out if I heard them singing Rooney songs. or OK Go songs, for that matter. I got my mom to realize this, too, haha.

anyways, basically...I think that's a natural reaction if you love something fiercely. unfortunately, we all have to share what we love with bleh people sometimes. :'( that's why I love indie-type bands...you know there isn't a good chance they'll make it big XD fame really only benefits the band, not the fans...
  • Girls you just completely reminded me of what I was like in school. I was into Phish, and Blues Traveler. I'd wear my concert t-shirts and people would laugh and tease me and make fun of me all through freshman year. Then Run Around got big and EVERYONE was a Blues Traveler fan, but there weren't any apologies or admissions of "Hey, Rachel was right". And then everyone discovered pot (simultaneously, it seems) and got into Phish, as I, the lone non-smoker of the school stood there and wretched.

Yep. I completely understand. I probably would've hated being in high school when the AMW or HIGA vids came out too, honestly.
  • Ya, I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's almost like "no, i liked them before any of you guys did." But that has happened to me in the past, where I would like something that no one really knew about, and then all of a sudden they would become famous and everyone liked them. It's just a little annoying because then everyone is talking about that band or something, and it ruins it a little for you dry.gif

QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 10 2008, 09:42 PM)
    YKYOW...

You immediately think of OK Go when you see Kanye's LED jacket on the Grammys smile.gif

I thought the exact same thing!
  • You submit

"The band OK Go shot their "treadmill video" all in one take, and even performed it live at the Video Music Awards."

as your fact for the Mental_Floss random fact generator
  • There's a kid you see every day who looks a lotta bit like Andy, and when you see him and his friends walking around blowing their kazoos, you are convinced that something magical is in the air.

Oh, and yeah, I hate knowing about things before they become popular. It seems to happen a lot here, because things hit the scene pretty late at my high school Anyway, then you seem like just another person in on the fad, when it's really like, "uh, no, I liked them before all this hype." But then everyone's thinking, "what, you want some indie cred or something? Screw off." *le sigh*
  • YKYOW you're playing Rock Band on drums for the first time and say "C'mon, Dan, it's you and me" when you get to HIGA. (I rocked it, btw, 97%)
  • YKYOW ... you get a phone call from your mom and she said "Oh, I just saw a car with OK Go and thought of you" ... she's so great wub.gif
  • Ugh, I've come to terms with Ok Go being super-popular
    It's just these particular people... I'd really rather not have to deal with them sad.gif

• YKYOW you read this article and think "I wonder if Andy knows/is planning to bid..."
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 15 2008, 02:38 PM)
    YKYOW you read this article and think "I wonder if Andy knows/is planning to bid..."

YKYOW you're thinking of posting the above link on Andy's blog.

YKYOW you dream that SDR is playing on your local radio station and wake up to hear gongs instead.
  • YKYOW... the part of your trip to New York that you are looking forward to the most is meeting a boardie (namely Rachel - eeeee!!!), and finally owning a hard copy of that OK Go article in AP magazine.