In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I love Macy's for having an 11% discount for tourists who show their customer services their passport, and having HUGE sales on everything! I bought my mom a scarf which had been $48 originally, and ended up being $8 after all the discounts! Effing amazing.

Strawberry is also fantastic smile.gif

I wish I'd found a Circle K though sad.gif
  • I was checking the tour dates of the Hoosiers to see if they're coming to Hamburg any time soon and, yes! Only then I saw that they support James Blunt... meh... not good.

I haven't heard of half the stores you guys shop in, well, apart from H&M of course, it's everywhere...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 25 2008, 07:00 AM)
    I was checking the tour dates of the Hoosiers to see if they're coming to Hamburg any time soon and, yes! Only then I saw that they support James Blunt... meh... not good.

I haven't heard of half the stores you guys shop in, well, apart from H&M of course, it's everywhere...

Hee hee, Mayo, I'm seeing The Hoosiers a WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!

Go see them support James Blunt. If they're the supporters that means they might not hide after the gig and come talk to fans. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 25 2008, 02:04 PM)
    Hee hee, Mayo, I'm seeing The Hoosiers a WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!

Go see them support James Blunt. If they're the supporters that means they might not hide after the gig and come talk to fans. wink.gif

but I really can't stand James Blunt, really really not... Plus, the tickets will be probably expensive, too expensive for me, I'm spending too much money on cencerts as it is. ... maybe I'll hang around outside the venue, it's two nights in a row, so why not... tongue.gif
    Oh, and have fun at the concert and tell them they should support someone decent next time biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

• ok, I cannot stop listening to them

my random two cents: I fall i love with bands too easily smile.gif

tickets are 40 Euro, and I'm not NOT paying that much for James Blunt. Plus it's like the biggest venue in Hamburg, which is great for the Hoosiers, but meh for me, I don't like those huge venues, I like to see the band performing, not just hear them...

Oh Rachel, what are you going to wear?? "Dress Fancy", right? I've seen pictures of people going to their concerts and it looks hilarious! (which will be my chance in meeting them without going to the concert, I'll dress up and yes...mwahaha)
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 25 2008, 09:24 AM)
    Oh Rachel, what are you going to wear?? "Dress Fancy", right? I've seen pictures of people going to their concerts and it looks hilarious! (which will be my chance in meeting them without going to the concert, I'll dress up and yes...mwahaha)

It's "fancy dress" which is what the English call the thing Americans call a Costume Party (or Dress-up). The group I'm going with is 5 girls and one guy, so we're going as Cops and Robbers (If we catch a criminal, when we catch a criminal, oh oh...). I'll send pictures along of all of us!

• talking to my father online is SO weird.
    like seriously
    SO WEIRD

plus he doesn't get half of the stuff I write (like "hahaha"... who doesn't understand what "hahaha" means?)

gah.

you all probably already know this, but the Hoosiers frontman guy was on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. biggrin.gif which automatically makes them pretty awesome, even though I don't actually know what they sound like because I STILL haven't found the time to actually look them up/actually hear any of their music.
    It's probably because Patrick Wolf was on the same episode, and he's sooo distracting that I forgot about the other guy even though he was a really good guest. biggrin.gif
    so anyways
    the point is
    that they're on my list of bands to eventually listen to.
    And I might go do that now
    Because I trust you guys' musical taste biggrin.gif

and wow, they make people come to their gigs in costume? that sounds like so much fun haha biggrin.gif
    (have fun Rachel!)
  • ah, you make my life too easy wub.gif

hee, I likeee.
    I think I like the video for "Worried About Ray" the most, haha.
    and the songs too, of course smile.gif they're very fun.

oh, and this is a random observation from that episode of nmtb, but: I LOVE how British people pronounce "Hoosiers". It's quite amusing.
  • Yo I just wanted to say I really love all you guys.

wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 25 2008, 09:13 PM)
    Yo I just wanted to say I really love all you guys.

wub.gif

awwwww
    wub.gif

we love you tooooooooooo haha
  • I'm watching The Last Kiss right now... I've seen it once before, in theaters. And I've forgotten how incredibly depressing this movie is. SOOOOO good, but a real downer...

we love you too, courtney smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 25 2008, 05:48 PM)
    ah, you make my life too easy wub.gif

hee, I likeee.
    I think I like the video for "Worried About Ray" the most, haha.
    and the songs too, of course smile.gif they're very fun.

oh, and this is a random observation from that episode of nmtb, but: I LOVE how British people pronounce "Hoosiers". It's quite amusing.

My pleasure. Enjoy them!

And I was teasing Alice about the way she said Hoosiers last Thursday. Hee hee.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 25 2008, 11:00 PM)

neither... and what's h&m?

you'd think that australia would have these big american stores seeing as it has pretty much everything else american, but no...

the hoosiers need to come to australia so i can see them... but i won't see them if they're supporting james blunt... i would rather die than sit through a james blunt concert... and i'm only half kidding... ok go also needs to come to australia... can't believe i missed them last time they came... that's probably the stupidest thing i've done recently-ish...
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Feb 26 2008, 10:10 AM)
    neither... and what's h&m?

you'd think that australia would have these big american stores seeing as it has pretty much everything else american, but no...

the hoosiers need to come to australia so i can see them... but i won't see them if they're supporting james blunt... i would rather die than sit through a james blunt concert... and i'm only half kidding... ok go also needs to come to australia... can't believe i missed them last time they came... that's probably the stupidest thing i've done recently-ish...

h&m is like THE european (I really don't know about America) store... And no matter where in the world you shop, H&M always has the same clothes, I remember London having some clothes a few weeks earlier than Hamburg, but basically it's the same... It's quite ok for your average clothes shopping, it's not that expensive, but well everybody goes in there, so you'll look like everybody else... Oh, and I think Hamburg has about 6 or 7 H&Ms, and I only counted those in centre of the city..incredible

and I want OK Go to come to Europe... I want every cool band to come to Europe, but I really want OK Go to come to Europe, Hamburg esp. And I hate to think that it will be ages till that happens, as they'll probably first tour all USA... but this time I'm prepared to fly to England and other states to see them, yes, I need more money, haha.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 25 2008, 09:40 PM)
    It's probably because Patrick Wolf was on the same episode, and he's sooo distracting that I forgot about the other guy even though he was a really good guest. biggrin.gif

Ahhh yes! Isn't Patrick beautiful??? I've seen him twice, he's so gorgeous. Kinda annoys me tho, he's a little pretentious.

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 26 2008, 02:13 AM)
    Yo I just wanted to say I really love all you guys.

wub.gif

wub.gifwub.gif Love you too Courtney!!!!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 26 2008, 03:08 AM)
    And I was teasing Alice about the way she said Hoosiers last Thursday. Hee hee.

Shhhhhhhh unsure.gif
    That's how they say it!
  • alright, who took my link roller?!? *eyes thread suspiciously*
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 26 2008, 10:54 AM)
    Ahhh yes! Isn't Patrick beautiful??? I've seen him twice, he's so gorgeous. Kinda annoys me tho, he's a little pretentious.

Shhhhhhhh unsure.gif
    That's how they say it!

mmmmm wub.gif But I know what you mean about the pretentiousness, that's no fun.

and haha wub.gif
    That doesn't make it any less funny.
    I think it's partly because the concept of a Hoosier is SO American (Indiana and college sports and all), and it's just weird to hear the word in a British accent.
    and it's just plain funny, thattoo biggrin.gif wub.gif

edit: I think I'm going to break the : w u b : keys on my keyboard, because I use that emoticon so much biggrin.gif
  • I bought stuff from the OK Go store and used paypal to do it. I just checked the recent history on my paypal account and it listed the Payee as Damian Kulash. I have to admit that I did blush a little. Because I'm ridiculous.