In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Ah I saw that the other day and got pretty excited too. Pretty cool.
  • The Guitar Hero for Nintendo DS commercial in Britain shows a couple of celebrities playing the game, and, whatd'ya know, they're playing Do What You Want! Wooo smile.gif
  • shame the game is a bit poop

right joe'bro?
  • yeah, its too pricey and too hand hurty... hurts my hand
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 18 2008, 01:20 PM)
    The Guitar Hero for Nintendo DS commercial in Britain shows a couple of celebrities playing the game, and, whatd'ya know, they're playing Do What You Want! Wooo smile.gif

Which celebrities?
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jul 18 2008, 11:37 AM)
    yeah, its too pricey and too hand hurty... hurts my hand

ooo! if you get carpal tunnel you can sue nintendo for megabucks!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 19 2008, 03:59 AM)
    Which celebrities?

Erm... Vernon Kay and Holly Something-or-other.
    Have you seen Vernon Kay, Rach? I reckon you'd like him. Super tall and skinny and wears suits. And, of course, British.

Shame the game's pretty crap, I still want to try it though.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 19 2008, 07:05 AM)
    ooo! if you get carpal tunnel you can sue nintendo for megabucks!

Ahhhh fantastic idea! I can so see that happening in the states. Not so much over here. We don't sue, we grumble.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 19 2008, 07:58 AM)
    Erm... Vernon Kay and Holly Something-or-other.
    Have you seen Vernon Kay, Rach? I reckon you'd like him. Super tall and skinny and wears suits. And, of course, British.

Shame the game's pretty crap, I still want to try it though.

Hrm, no I don't know of either of them. But that Vernon Kay already sounds pretty brilliant. (you had me at British, though, tbh)

We've got the game, but Adam can't find the charger for his DS so it remains unopened on my coffee table. You're welcome to give it a shot though next time I see you!
  • I heard "this will be our year" on Regis and Kelly today for like 5 seconds before commercial break. It made me happy.

Oh yeah before christmas I was in some game store and suddenly it started to play the HIGA vid and I grabbed my cousin and was like, "that is the guys Im talking about!!" and then I sat own in the middle of the store and watched it with a huge and stupidly happy grin on my face.
    same thing happened in another store but it was AMW dance, i felt so lucky and happy. And think I danced a few parts of it while i was there. tongue.gif
  • I was watching that Primetime episode about Randy Pausch and before they showed his last lecture, they showed a few seconds of HIGA and other famous youtube videos! I wasn't expecting it to come on... so when I suddenly heard HIGA, I almost jumped. Hah.
  • I'm not sure if this has already been posted in this thread somewhere, but I'm too excited to go through the whole thing and look, but I was watching Catch That Kid on Disney Channel cuz it has Kristen Stewart (The girl playing Bella in the Twilight movie) so I decided to watch it. And during the ending scene of the movie Don't Ask Me started playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was SO unexpected I started FREAKING OUT!!! Plus, that's my favorite song, so I freaked out even more. I actually squealed/ screamed a little, which got me yelled at by my dad cuz my mom's asleep. tongue.gif Woops, oh well, I was so excited! It completely caught me off guard.
  • and for all you Twilighters, who probably already know this by now, Invincible is on Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn playlist. Is OK Go on the dedication list? Because I'm afraid to look in the back...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Aug 2 2008, 11:34 PM)
    Is OK Go on the dedication list? Because I'm afraid to look in the back...

Nope, they aren't. But I hadn't looked on her site yet, so that is news to me!
  • Check out Regis' red pants! How very Damian of him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBs1z1BBqg
  • haha yay Regis! Last night at the Olympics opening ceremonies, Andorra was in head-to-toe silver suits. Andy style. I can't find a picture, though. sleep.gif
  • Greatest Video Ever?!

Today at 2:23pm

We've just got wind from MTV UK that 'Here It Goes Again' is in the running for...(drumroll please).... Greatest Video Ever and our fate rests on you!

Be warned! This is no walk through the park ladies and gentleman, with videos like Radiohead's 'Just' and A-Ha's 'Take On Me' in the running we're going to need everyone to get out there and vote! (for us!)

Click this link and try not to lose your way:
    http://www.mtv.co.uk/greatestvideoever

The vote closes at midnight on September 14th and the ultimate Top 10 Greatest Videos Ever will be revealed on September 21st at 7pm across MTV channels.

Now Go Vote!

http://www.mtv.co.uk/greatestvideoever
  • me too! darn you can only go once...
  • I would guess Get Over It because he said "a couple of years ago" and I think that was pretty much the only song they played when they were on tv shows back then. Plus, it has bitch in it.