In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• tone, thanks for making me think about this thread...

yo peeps.
    The Dark Knight has a release date... December 9th, just in time for Christmas. You can pre-order on amazon.com and get the 2 disc special edition for a mere $22!!!! insanity.

• i just finally saw "I'm Not There" the Bob Dylan inspired flick... awesome. Make sure you're a little knowledgeable on him or else you'll be lost but seriously... everyone rocked in this movie ESPECIALLY Heath and Cate Blanchett
  • I saw Zack and Miri on Friday and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • aw damn you djrose
    i want to see that.

i saw burn after reading a few weeks ago, i have to say, lots of people won't get it, but i thought it was great, i didn't expect anything that actually happened.

and brad pitt's character was frickin adorable.
    hilarious.

and i want one of those wacky machines that George Clooney built wink.gif
  • ROCKNROLLA!

anyone?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 3 2008, 12:58 PM)
    I saw Zack and Miri on Friday and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!

Granny Panties!!
  • the best one that i saw recently was gran torino
  • i just saw THE WRESTLER

very very dark film, i LOVE wrestling, theres no secret to that...but yeah, good solid film

not as amazing as the world is making it out to be...and he shouldnt win an osscer for it..

but still, if your a wrestling fan, you will get a kick outta it

if not...then...i dunno..
  • He's Just Not That Into You...

sucked. If you aren't terribly excited to see it, wait for the DVD... Ginnifer Goodwin's character was so annoying, it was almost unbearable... Bradley Cooper made me hate him and I hate Scarlett Johansson even more now, too. It was just dumb. I think the book is B.S. too, even though I've never read it. It's a slap in the face to any interpersonal communication student (me) or professor. Stupid movie, stupid stupid movie.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 6 2009, 04:33 PM)
    He's Just Not That Into You...

sucked. If you aren't terribly excited to see it, wait for the DVD... Ginnifer Goodwin's character was so annoying, it was almost unbearable... Bradley Cooper made me hate him and I hate Scarlett Johansson even more now, too. It was just dumb. I think the book is B.S. too, even though I've never read it. It's a slap in the face to any interpersonal communication student (me) or professor. Stupid movie, stupid stupid movie.

thanks for the heads up, haha. My friend Danielle wanted to go see that this weekend. And she really wanted to see it and was trying to get me to go with her. I dunno if I'll end up going or not, but thanks for the warning tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 6 2009, 04:33 PM)
    He's Just Not That Into You...

That's a bummer. I really wanted to see that but now I'm not sure.

I did read the book, although it wasn't really a page-turner, it was good advice. If it had a theme song, it would be Get Over It by OK Go.
  • Coraline came out today
    *happy dances*
    I mean honestly, Henry Selick, Neil Gaiman, John Hodgman, French and Saunders, so many other amazing ppl, AND it's in 3D?!
    I really can't wait to see it.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 6 2009, 08:22 PM)
    Coraline came out today
    *happy dances*
    I mean honestly, Henry Selick, Neil Gaiman, John Hodgman, French and Saunders, so many other amazing ppl, AND it's in 3D?!

I kind of want to see it now because... someone from my alma mater was a part of the film... Coraline's father can be seen in one of the trailers wearing a Michigan State sweatshirt! How neat is that?!

And Suz/Bekker...
    I guess go see it and come to your own conclusion... I mean, I have a horrible and negative view of relationships as it is, this just reaffirms it. The movie wasn't funny at all, and it just made me more depressed than anything else dry.gif if you can see it for cheap somewhere, do that. I spent $6.50 and I'm mad. LoL
  • OH! I really want to see Coraline!! haha, mostly cuz it's by the same director of The Nightmare Before Christmas!!! Which I LOVE!!!!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 7 2009, 01:22 AM)
    Coraline came out today
    *happy dances*

ALSO! Songs by They Might be Giants.
  • anyone see Slum dog millionaire? it was intense yo!

watched the day the earth stood still and role models yesterday night.... not as good of course.

the day the earth stood still was even more boring than the original and role models was semi funny sometimes... mostly the parts with david wain (2 3 second parts lol) but yeah an all in all stupid movie
  • man, i hated slum dog millionaire. fuck that, it was soooooooo depressing, i got my own shit to me miserable about i dont need to see a kid swiming in poo. f that yo.

no offense to anyone who liked it.

i just couldnt finish it, im already depressed enough.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Feb 9 2009, 11:59 AM)
    man, i hated slum dog millionaire. fuck that, it was soooooooo depressing, i got my own shit to me miserable about i dont need to see a kid swiming in poo. f that yo.

no offense to anyone who liked it.

i just couldnt finish it, im already depressed enough.

its like the whole "its a wonderfull life" deal joe. yeah he had a pretty depressing shitty life but the ending was really beautifull in a messed up way (i mean sure his bro gets shot in a bathtub full of money, but) it was really awesome.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Feb 9 2009, 04:59 PM)
    man, i hated slum dog millionaire. fuck that, it was soooooooo depressing, i got my own shit to me miserable about i dont need to see a kid swiming in poo. f that yo.

I mean, the director Danny Boyle LOVES it when people have to go rifling through poop. Just watch Trainspotting! Ewan McGregor rifles through the GROSSEST toilet ever. Delicious!

I actually LOVED Slumdog Millionaire, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for 1) "depressing feel-good" things (there's a reason Everything is Illuminated remains one of my favorite books) and 2) Danny Boyle (ever since sneaking in to see Millions with my mom [she denies doing this]). If nothing else, the absolute beauty of his cinematography had me at hello. I mean, he shot huge chunks of it guerrilla style, with no permits, using a small, hand-held camera and essentially no crew. I totally respect that.

I can see why people (most people, it seems) find it depressing, but it was just so sad and beautiful, I was immensely moved.
  • I thought Slumdog Millionaire was one of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time. I absolutely loved it. Everything about it. I'm also now infatuated with Dev Patel... and the girl, her name is escaping me... but she's devastatingly beautiful. I loved them. Fantastic movie.