In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 8 2009, 03:41 PM)

ooooooo! is anybody ordering this?! i'm on the fence about it cuz idk about this site.... plus, the poster tubes are out of stock. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 9 2009, 12:03 AM)
    ooooooo! is anybody ordering this?! i'm on the fence about it cuz idk about this site.... plus, the poster tubes are out of stock. dry.gif

I ordered it. I have never used this site but we buy a lot of things online and we have never had any trouble. I'm so excited about this album! How many more days do we have to wait, now?
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Dec 8 2009, 07:34 PM)
    How many more days do we have to wait, now?

34 days. biggrin.gif

So, to tide us over for those 34 days, we have a little goodie. I have NO idea how good or bad this is, as I'm at work and cannot download anything, but here is a remix of This Too Shall Pass by very cool indie band Passion Pit. How Passion Pit got their hands on the original song to remix it, I'll never know, but there you go. Maybe NME arranged it. ::shrug:: The import thing here, though, is that it is a bit of a sneak preview for us. Enjoy, folks!
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:34 PM)
    I ordered it. I have never used this site but we buy a lot of things online and we have never had any trouble. I'm so excited about this album! How many more days do we have to wait, now?

I've used Smartpunk before, didn't have any issues, so.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 9 2009, 06:03 AM)
    33 days. biggrin.gif

So, to tide us over for those 33 days, we have a little goodie. I have NO idea how good or bad this is, as I'm at work and cannot download anything, but here is a remix of This Too Shall Pass by very cool indie band Passion Pit. How Passion Pit got their hands on the original song to remix it, I'll never know, but there you go. Maybe NME arranged it. ::shrug:: The import thing here, though, is that it is a bit of a sneak preview for us. Enjoy, folks!

I LOVE Passion Pit. After their song Sleepyhead caused a total mania across the Internet, they've been one of my favorite remix bands. This is so cool. The remix has caused a bit of a stir on the blogosphere.

http://hypem.com/#/search/This%20too%20sha...ss%20Passion/1/

They sure can turn a tune.

• These lucky people got an advance copy for a review.

http://www.redhotvelvet.co.uk/reviews/cd-r...our-of-the-sky/

3/5? Not bad.

• ok, i placed my order. im excited.
    biggrin.gif
    how many more day do we have to wait NOW?
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 10 2009, 01:47 PM)
    ok, i placed my order. im excited.
    biggrin.gif
    how many more day do we have to wait NOW?

32 Days if you're counting today.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/a...he-skyx10x12x09 holds an EXCELLENT, well-written review of the album. The person who wrote it took a very educated, moderate standpoint, and I like them.

• new album comes out 1 month from today! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Dec 12 2009, 01:33 PM)
    new album comes out 1 month from today! biggrin.gif

Yay!

I have now officially started my count-down tongue.gif
  • Looks like the Japanese people get the cooler-looking artwork:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_11?url...fix=of+the+blue

Cant wait untill the 22nd. I guess I'll wait untill the Amsterdam concert to hear the album and buy it there + listening to it on my way home together with my girlfriend. Ah love is such a beautiful thing! *sometimes* laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Hopefully the album won't leak before the actual release. Fingers crossed.
    Its coming!
  • ^Looks like Japan gets it a week earlier as well?
  • And they get extra tracks?
  • Interesting it's released a week early in Japan. Whatevs, it's only a week.

As for the extra tracks, if you pre-order on iTunes, there are two extra tracks there. Since the Amazon page doesn't show the actual tracks or how many there are, I'm assuming that they're the same ones. The extra tracks are Louisiana Land and White Knuckles (Static Revenger Remix).

Personally, I like the artwork the US will receive better. Not too keen on the font, but the imagery and colors are prettier in my eyes.
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Dec 14 2009, 03:39 PM)
    Hopefully the album won't leak before the actual release. Fingers crossed.

Fat chance of that happening, especially considering it's being released a week earlier elsewhere. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen it floating around yet.
  • I'm new to all of this and so a little naive. How would an album get "leaked" before release? Does this happen often? Just curious.
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Dec 15 2009, 02:57 PM)
    I'm new to all of this and so a little naive. How would an album get "leaked" before release? Does this happen often? Just curious.

Labels send out advance copies to magazines, blogs, all kinds of reviewers well before a record is released. The record is definitely out there already. A friend of mine found an advance copy of Bishop Allen's Grrr in the sale bin at a local record shop weeeeeeeeeellllllllllll before the record was even released. All it takes is for one person to leak it to the Internet for it to make the rounds.

It is very rare for a record to be released nowadays without being leaked. I'm amazed if a band makes it within a week of a release without seeing it pop up on indie_exchange on LiveJournal. The exception being itty bitty indie bands where, you know, there's not necessarily enough of a following to garner a leak. But for fairly to very popular band, I mean...it's more or less inevitable.
  • I'll admit most of the bands I listen to I've gotten leaked copies of thier albums far in advance. If i really love it I usually do end up buying it. but yeah. I've decided not to even search for a leak of OK Go s album. I mean i've heard the soundtrack song releases and WTF of course but I want it to be a surprise you know? I've been waiting forever (it seems) for this album I can wait a week more than the Japanese smile.gif although they are lucky =b

Plus I don't think I could steal anything from OK Go. It just doesn't seem right.