In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW:

You realize that OK Go was in I Love You, Man and immediately hate yourself for not realizing this the first time you watched it.. even when you think about the fact that youw eren't obsessed yet then, you hate yourself for not having been obsessed yet..

Now I wanna watch that movie again.  >>

• So many things to say…

YKYOW:

You convince your mom to drive five hours to see OK Go in concert.

You  put up with your friends' radio stations that you can't stand half the time, but when White Knuckles comes on and they change the station, you go insane.

You get bored in the computer lab during P.E. (Don't ask, I have no idea why either.) so you check the boards to see if there's anything interesting going on.
  • So many things indeed...

-You know you're obsesses with OK Go when:

-You order Dan Dan Noodles at P.F. Changs just because their called 'Dan Dan' Noodles. My, they were delicious. Although, spicy, and I would expect Dan would be a really sweet guy.

-Anything paisley immediately reminds you of OK Go.

-Every other thing that comes out of your mouth is either relating to OK Go or actually about OK Go.

-Your friends have gotten so sick of this, they just plain tell you to 'SHUT UP.'

-(Being a writer) You have based multiple characters off the members.

- You interject random quotes from the guys into every conversation. (" The school cafeteria is no place for a landsman!")

- Your friends know every member, because you've told them so many times.

- When this list gets long.

- They come into your doodles every day.

- Almost the only thing you listen to is OK Go. ( Or Secret Dakota Ring, The Zombies, or the Beatles. But that's pretty much it. )

- The only time you like math is when you're posting a reply on here. ( I fail at math. )

So many more, so little time to write it out.

• Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW:

You realize that OK Go was in I Love You, Man and immediately hate yourself for not realizing this the first time you watched it.. even when you think about the fact that youw eren't obsessed yet then, you hate yourself for not having been obsessed yet..

lol dun bother, I already tried finding them in the movie o.O they're apparently in the end credits, so didn't actually see them (having said that I only streamed the movie online :( )

i DID rewatch their cameo on Las Vegas tho lol and to think I missed out on that all that fabness the first time round... o.O x

• Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW:

I watched the movie Taking Woodstock just to see Damian. I watched it on a very small screen, though, and that did not work out too well. I was so sad that I didn't see him.

YKYOW: 

- You spend all day downloading a movie on a very slow internet connection just to see one of the members of OK Go.
    - You giggle every time you go to Ross (the store). And your mom does not find it weird anymore.
    - When visiting your sister, you pass by Kulshan Drive and freak out, until you realize it says Kulshan, not Kulash. But it still makes you and your sister giggle every time you pass by it. Laugh 

•  YKYOW-

You get asked if you had "white knuckles" driving to work in the snow storm, and you almost respond, "No, I had Oh, No playing." Embarassed

• jamdkoff said: YKYOW-

You get asked if you had "white knuckles" driving to work in the snow storm, and you almost respond, "No, I had Oh, No playing." Embarassed

Haha, maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I had to think for a second to understand why it would be irrelevant to tell them that. It made perfect sense in my head for about five seconds, haha.

• YKYOW: 

- you write a 7,500-word dissertation on Net Neutrality because you felt so "inspired" by Damian's piece in the Washington Post. 

- You feel you need to credit Damian, so you take the time to quote him.  In doing so, you take it as an excuse to watch his little excerpt in Barbershop Punk multiple times so you can ensure you've quoted him word for word. 

- You think it wouldn't be proper unless you explained who exactly this Damian Kulash, Jr. was, so you take the time to write a short bio abt Damian in the footnotes. And then you include links to his article, AND the trailer. 

Umm now i'm kinda worried my professor is totally gonna discredit my piece coz I may or may not sound like a lunatic brainwashed by the cult that is a certain Damian Kulash o.O x

• YKYOW:

You're reading a book, the two supporting character's boyfriends are Tim and Ross, and though there are only a few sentences about the two of them, when it comes down to summarizing the book, they are the first characters you think of.

• ^^Haha, soccerkeeper, that's adorable. I'd definitely do the same thing.

YKYOW there's this great coffee house in town called "Cups," and I can't help but wonder what Damian and the lads would have if they came to drink there.

Check out their menu:

http://cupsespressocafe.com/index.php/menu/

• You know you're obsessed when you're ecstatic that a guy you know (and kind of dislike) is learning to play White Knuckles on piano, so you vow to be nicer to him so he can learn how to play other songs, too.

( It'd be awesome to hear Last Leaf on piano, don't you think?)

• daisychains said:

You know you're obsessed when you're ecstatic that a guy you know (and kind of dislike) is learning to play White Knuckles on piano, so you vow to be nicer to him so he can learn how to play other songs, too.

I think you'll like this:

It's a piano cover of Last Leaf. I thought it was pretty amazing. I also believe OK Go favorited (<- is that even a word?) it. 

• Didn't Damian and (I think) Tim do a piano version of Last Leaf on a radio interview or something? Or did I dream that? I can't remember where it was...

YKYOW you think this says OKGO at first. And then it takes a while to realize that the letters aren't even in the right order.

YKYOW: 

- you write a 7,500-word dissertation on Net Neutrality because you felt so "inspired" by Damian's piece in the Washington Post. 

Oh my goodness. Last schoolyear I had to write a really long paper. I can't remember how many pages exactly, at least 10. The only way I could get through it was to write about the failing of record labels and include a case study about OK Go, because obviously. It was great because they announced Paracadute while I was writing it. Literally. Like, I was writing it, and I needed a quote from Damian, and when I went online to find it, I found the announcement. So perfect.

YKYOW:

You convince your mom to drive five hours to see OK Go in concert.

I've done that too! It's times like that when parents are very, very appreciated.

Here's hoping I did that quoting right...

• silver12 said:
    daisychains said:

You know you're obsessed when you're ecstatic that a guy you know (and kind of dislike) is learning to play White Knuckles on piano, so you vow to be nicer to him so he can learn how to play other songs, too.

I think you'll like this:

It's a piano cover of Last Leaf. I thought it was pretty amazing. I also believe OK Go favorited (<- is that even a word?) it. 

Thanks so much! That sounds amazing!

• KristaMichelle said:

YKYOW you think this says OKGO at first. And then it takes a while to realize that the letters aren't even in the right order.

^^ I've got nothing useful to contribute except that this is hillarious and I see what you mean. Laugh

• YKYOW

There's a portrait assignment in Painting and there's absolutely only one person you even begin to consider.

• YKYOW

You now really wanna buy a canvas and paints and stuff so that you can paint the band..

I would totally own at that.  Painting is so much easier than drawing.  xD

• you know you're obsessed when...

- you lurk around the ok go message boards for three years and finally decide to be an actual part of it because Amber (don't actually know who she is here, just on tumblr) said 'you'll do just fine there!" when I said I suck at message boards (cuz I talk too much, get addicted and I am shy and sometimes annoyingly fangirly but HEY here I am)

but too when

- you realize every single aspect of your life can be related to something ok go;

- your friends either hate or love the band as much as you do, or they just simply turn the 'off' button and smile while you keep 25 minutes non-stop-ok go-talking until you realize they are not actually listening; 

- you turned your personal blog into a 70% ok go stuff posted; 

- you'll find strangers more interesting than your friends in real life just because they are ok go fans;

- when you see the 'white knuckles' making off, you actually cried when Damian smiles cuz the dog jumped (oh, ok, that was just me)

- you get sick and tired of hearing about treadmills, but you see all interviews possible anyways.

- cannot say "ok" without just spontaneously saying "go" at some point.

- tell youself you'll only stay online for a bit, just to catch on what's new and see your emails because you have a 10 paper essay to write for college that you left to do last minute, than get on you tube, type "ok go" on search and stay there for the next 11 hours. 

okay, this could go on forever.

oh hey, nice first actual post! 

• Welcome Lurker! Wink

Hi Laeticia!  Amber (presuming there aren't several here) is VioletChaos here too.

It was not just you (crying at the WK Making of). Embarassed

• Duuuuuuude!  Hi!  :D

Speaking of which, ykyow that's your response to a new boardie.. because you know her from tumblr.. because her tumblr is mostly OK Go..