In this Discussion

10 Things about you...

Comments

• QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ May 29 2005, 01:32 PM)
    7. I've been to countless number of concerts, due to the fact that my mom works at the largest radio station in New Hampshire

blink.gif you mean there's more than one radio station in new hampshire?!?

i'm gonna stop trying to be funny now...
  • New Hampshires alright, if you like fighting!
    A charge of assult in the summer, a punch in the face in the winter!

If anyone else has heard of scissorfight then please come forward and let themselves known!
  • 1. my name is jessie and i've been part of this board for over four years now (oh good lord, that's a long time) but i don't post that often, i'm afraid

2. i miss my boyfriend, who is the sweetest person in the world and who lives on the other side of the country. maybe i'll visit him in LA at the end of june.

3. i have 4 pet rats. there used to be 12, because my roommate and i got a rat who had babies, but most of them have homes now.

4. one of the rats is crawling around on my desk right now. her name is eleanor rigby.

5. i've only seen ok go once. that's ridiculous. i'll work on it

6. my room is a mess because i haven't completely unpacked from college yet.

7. i have a porcelain frog and a small garden gnome next to my computer.

8. i'm teaching five and six years olds about nature this summer for $10/hr. now i have to figure out what on earth to do with them!

9. it was my brother's ninth birthday today. he's keeping two of the rats.

10. i just saw rilo kiley a few days ago. they're wonderful!
    blink.gif you mean there's more than one radio station in new hampshire?!?

I know, it's crazy, right? I'm not really sure New Hampshire needs more then one...but what're you gonna do? lol.
  • 1. I have a scar on my forehead from collapsin last summer too, michael! I fainted(so dramatic) and because my forehead ripped open right at my hairline, when the dr stitched me up, he had to pull some of my scalp down. so now, i have a line of head hair where it shouldnt be. hahaha. you cant tell unless i point it out. i wax it off. hahahha.

2. i cant type

3. i have never not been on a diet either, sara. except for the past year. i maintained teh same weight and same pant size for one yr straight. then i had a lot of stress and gained 8 pounds the past few months.

4. im on a diet again.

5. i havent listened to secular music in over 2 months.

6. i can never stay awake in the movie theatre.

7. but thats only because id ont like movies.

8. i wear a ninja suit image it is my liberation. to me, the fact that paris hilton has to roll around naked in order to sell a burger(new burger king commercial) is opression. Why arent there naked men selling burgers? and cars? and potato chips? why is it always women who are objectified to make a buck.

9. im going to be an aunt for the second time on my birthday(september 1)

10. my first neice is in love with me and runs around screaming "mimmmiiiiiieeee" (everyone calls me minnie and thats her version)
  • Scars are cool, mine goes from my eyebrow to just before my hairline. Went right to my skull blink.gif Now i look like a nutter!
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 1 2005, 03:18 PM)
    Scars are cool, mine goes from my eyebrow to just before my hairline. Went right to my skull  blink.gif  Now i look like a nutter!

i agree
    scars are pretty awesome.
    i have one from when i burnt my hand. and from a certain angle, it looks like an eye.
  • Amina, you're too awesome for words. Just wanted to let you know. smile.gif

1. Name's Salmeen and it either means "lizard" or "tranquil person" I've been told.

2. I'm 20 years young.

3. I'm mostly Afghan but there is a teensy tiny bit of me that is from India. My dad's grandparents or something were from India.

4. I recently changed my major from biology to literary studies because I decided I don't want to be a pharmacist after all. Instead I'm going to become a critically-acclaimed, award winning screenwriter. Stoke.

5. I LOVE Hindi movies. LOVE.

6. I speak 2.6 languages.

7. I work at CVS as a pharmacy technician and boy, does it stink. Yarg. But you gotta pay the bills.

8. I have 30 first cousins and I'm close (or semi-close) to all of them. Insane. Even more reason why I will NOT marry one of my cousins. Ew. In our culture it's okay to marry your cousin but I never will. Ew again.

9. The first time I found out someone was in love with me I almost threw up. From the shock... I think. mellow.gif

10. I am Venus reincarnate. Seriously, I can solve all relationship and love woes. I am the love expert. Just try me.
  • QUOTE (3personmoshpit @ Jun 1 2005, 07:22 PM)
    3. I'm mostly Afghan but there is a teensy tiny bit of me that is from India.  My dad's grandparents or something were from India.

Yes. Go us indians!
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 1 2005, 09:55 PM)
    Yes. Go us indians!

Yeah, go Desis! w00t!
  • 1. My name is Alexa, my middle name is Nichole (yes, with an H, but it doesn't really do anything.)
    2. This is my second post on this board. That means I am new here and in want of some friends.
    3. I am from the middle of Minnesota, surrounded by cornfields, but I don't talk like the guys from Fargo.
    4. I lived in Austria last year with the intention of bettering my German skills.
    5. I started learning French and Ancient Greek (I can say some very useful things about farming, carrying stones, and fetching water at the spring.)
    6. I graduated from high school on the 21st of May.
    7. Now I mostly sit around, but I'm going to go to college in Illinois next year to study art history.
    8. My favorite movie is the 6 hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth (swoon). or Amelie
    9. My first concert was last year seeing Rufus Wainwright, on a boat, on the Seine, in Paris...Life is grand.
    10. I think I'm going to have some lunch now.
  • AHh 10 things about me eh?
    Hmm
    Here goes
    1: I am ridiculously Hyper - almost to the point where it is unhealthy
    2: I LOVE Rufus Wainwright (along with OK GO but that goes without saying)
    3: I am addicted to purses and hand bags (it's just insane)
    4: I enjoy nectarines...too much LOL
    5: I have a lot of school pride GO ST MIKES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO w00t w00t
    6: I have a boyfriend named Brandon who I love dearly (my best friend is convinced that he looks like Damian but really it isnt even close BUT HE IS GORGEOUS *swoons* I heart Brandon!
    7: I am a student council nerd...huge nerd...SMCSU WHAT!
    8: My favourite numbers are 7 and 13
    9: I make a damn good mascott (I've been an apple, chicken, slice of bacon and a Jag before!)
    10: I love to cook - come to Mississauga (or just near toronto) and I'll cook for u one day biggrin.gif

Ta ta for now
    *huggles*
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 3 2005, 12:44 PM)
    AHh 10 things about me eh?
    Hmm
    Here goes
    1: I am ridiculously Hyper - almost to the point where it is unhealthy
    3: I am addicted to purses and hand bags (it's just insane)
    4: I enjoy nectarines...too much LOL
    5: I have a lot of school pride GO ST MIKES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO w00t w00t
    6: I have a boyfriend named Brandon who I love dearly (my best friend is convinced that he looks like Damian but really it isnt even close BUT HE IS GORGEOUS *swoons* I heart Brandon!
    7: I am a student council nerd...huge nerd...SMCSU WHAT!
    8: My favourite numbers are 7 and 13
    9: I make a damn good mascott (I've been an apple, chicken, slice of bacon and a Jag before!)
    10: I love to cook - come to Mississauga (or just near toronto) and I'll cook for u one day biggrin.gif

Ta ta for now
    *huggles*

Hey Rose, that's crazy. I also enjoy handbags, nectarines, and share an affinity for both the number 7 and 13, but I have to say I am better at baking than cooking. If I come see Rufus in Toronto we can have a picnic!! I'll bring the desserts and you the entrees. Do you have any pictures of you mascotting. I've never seen a giant strip of bacon, but I wouldn't wholly be against it.

Alexa
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 3 2005, 11:44 AM)

RUFUSSSS WAINWRIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT looooooove
    actually i remember Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore telling us abut him. and that's how i got into. good ol' Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and his good taste in music.
  • 1. Hello, I'm Pam (actually it's Pamela, but that just sounds too proper for my liking)

2. I go to school at the University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire, and right now my major is Management (Human Relations emphasis), but what I really want to do is drop out of school and follow OK Go around the country tongue.gif

3. I've driven over 900 miles to see an OK Go show. You might call that crazy, but I call it being a dedicated fan lol.

4. I hardly watch TV at all, but I never miss an episode of LOST.

5. I listen to all different kinds of music, but my guilty pleasure music is David Bowie (I've liked him ever since I saw the movie "Labyrinth" when I was a little kid).

6. I'm left handed.

7. I love singing really loud while I'm driving, but get really embarrassed when I pull up to a stop light and someone sees/hears me doing it blink.gif

8. I have a small, dime-sized tattoo of a jesus fish on the lower right side of my back.

9. I have this thing about sideburns (as a few of you probably know). They can either make a guy look really hot, or make them very unattractive.

10. I plan on studying abroad in Sønderborg, Denmark sometime before I graduate.
  • Pam also forgot to mention that her and I are "long lost best friends" and traveling to see OK GO would be a way for us to "catch up"...MOM I SWARE HAHAHAHAHA! w00t for pam oh and Carin and Alexa
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 3 2005, 02:46 PM)
    Pam also forgot to mention that her and I are "long lost best friends" and traveling to see OK GO would be a way for us to "catch up"...MOM I SWARE HAHAHAHAHA! w00t for pam oh and Carin and Alexa

Haha, it may be difficult convincing your mom we are "long lost best friends", considering we don't know each other at all!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 3 2005, 03:57 PM)
    Haha, it may be difficult convincing your mom we are "long lost best friends", considering we don't know each other at all!

shh she doesnt know that -come on dont you remember that time when we were 8 and we ummm
    did stuff?
  • Oh yeah, I forgot, I came over to your house and we played with Barbies. Or something like that, I can't remember what kinds of things I did when I was 8 lol.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 3 2005, 03:05 PM)
    RUFUSSSS WAINWRIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT looooooove
    actually i remember Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore telling us abut him. and that's how i got into. good ol' Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and his good taste in music.

Rufus rocks my socks! honestly he kicks ass IM SOO STOKED ABOUT THE TORONTO CONCERT w00tage!