In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 21 2007, 12:48 AM)
    Spongie's there! Tell I say hi. It's cold here in AZ. Ah Paris in the rain sounds vaguely romantic. Is that city really so romantic? Have a nice rest.

Actually, she just left this morning, at 4 am, for Berlin. I have to text her and see if she and her friends got there okay. But she's coming back on the 30th, so yay.

Paris has never actually lived up to my expectations. Sadly. And now I'm mad at the Smith JYA program, again, for being all up in my business about whyyyyyyyyyy wasn't I at a tutoring class that, HEY! I didn't sign up for! Fancy that! dry.gif
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Jan 22 2007, 01:02 AM)
    oh ok,
    I'm a 2nd year Revelle student
    Ha...and my friend and I are always arguing over which sucks more: Hum or MMW. (Obviously I think Hum does smile.gif )
    What's your major?

and...what the heck is up with the weather? Last year at this time I was studying at the beach, splashing in the waves and calling my sisters to brag about how nice the weather was.

oooh awesome.. yea im only in mmw 2 since i'm a first year and im already so fed up with mmw - its such a bitch!! ahh but man props for revelle you guys have intense math and science requirements if i remember correctly..
    my major is econ since ucsd is retarded and doesnt have a business school yet, but i do occasionally wake up to the banging those construction workers are doing building rady school of management right next to my hall.. whats your major?
    ah and the weather.. its been a wacko winter indeed.. really cold, but not too much rain which was sad because when i went home last weekend to chino hills the hills were still brown and not green!! but oh well at least this is as cold as it gets (or so i think) and its not like we have to deal with snow!! i usually dont mind the cold but this time its too much man..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 22 2007, 05:03 AM)
    Edit: Erm, I realize the idiocy within proclaiming that I'm not the university type and then planning to attend Concordia. However! Concordia has more courses that I'm actually interested in and would probably be excited about taking.

Concordia is an AMAZING school.
  • WHOO DOUBLE POST
  • Thanks for all the advice. smile.gif I'm still a high school freshman, so there's still some time left.

Today I figured out that one of my friends listens to OK Go, but instead of thinking, "Awesome!" I kind of feel not too happy about it. Have you guys ever felt anything like that before (with OK Go and other things)?
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 22 2007, 03:15 PM)
    Today I figured out that one of my friends listens to OK Go, but instead of thinking, "Awesome!" I kind of feel not too happy about it. Have you guys ever felt anything like that before (with OK Go and other things)?

Well, usually I'm kinda disconcerted when I find that someone I dislike shares the same interests as me. Somehow just knowing that we're similar in one manner (even if we're completely different in almost every other way) kinda shocks me, I guess. But yeah...usually when a friend or someone I like mentions a similar like/dislike, it has the opposite effect. Usually I'm super thrilled.

The one time that I prolly felt "not too happy" about it was when my friend ended up buying the same bright green rainboots as me...except that was back in 2nd grade. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 22 2007, 11:15 PM)
    Thanks for all the advice. smile.gif I'm still a high school freshman, so there's still some time left.

FRESHMAN?!?!?!?!? ur so young and yet so awesome!

yeah, i dont like it when they like what i like. sometimes the certain person is cool enough for my not to care, but if i found out that anybosy besides me was as obsessive w/ the strokes, interpol, and ok go, i wouldn't like it.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 22 2007, 06:15 PM)
    Thanks for all the advice. smile.gif I'm still a high school freshman, so there's still some time left.

Woah, you're only a freshman? I never would have guessed. biggrin.gif I can now say without lying that I have two freshie friends who aren't morons. Yayy~

I've felt like that before, yeah. I shared OK Go, Tally Hall AND Meg & Dia with my best friend (the one that is taking over my house...) and she's um... well, she definitely likes them? To the point that it's irritating. She used to grab one side of my ear buds and listen with me on the bus, sing in the car, etc. I want to hear them sing, not you singing an anaemic, shrill octave above them. sad.gif Seriously.

I like to sing by myself in the car when I'm alone because it's fun, but... man... she really sucks at singing... laugh.gif

Then again maybe that's just me being a music snob. tongue.gif Oops.
  • Why do my mom and sister put me in the middle of their goddam arguments!!?? They're driving me fuckiing crazy!!!

(See, I don't usually swear, so you can see how nuts they're driving me.) I wish my cell phone would just die on it's own. Perhaps I can pretend the battery died and hang up?
  • What's going on, if you don't mind my asking?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 22 2007, 06:31 PM)
    What's going on, if you don't mind my asking?

Nothing tragic just very irritating. My sis wants to drop a class. My mom won't let her. Neither wants to listen to my oppinion. They just want to kvetch and drive me crazy!

(kvetch = complain in yiddish)
  • NEW HEROES AND PRISON BREAK TODAY!!!! YAY!!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 22 2007, 08:35 PM)
    Nothing tragic just very irritating. My sis wants to drop a class. My mom won't let her. Neither wants to listen to my listen to my oppinion. They just want to kvetch and drive me crazy!

(kvetch = complain in yiddish)
    Oh no, haha. Well, I hope they get it sorted out. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jan 22 2007, 05:38 PM)
    NEW HEROES AND PRISON BREAK TODAY!!!! YAY!!!

!!! I KNOW! biggrin.gif
  • Everyone tells me that show (Heroes) is great. Should I start watching it? What am I missing?
  • a guy who looks like phil. nuff said.
  • phil?
    like dr. phil or phil of the future?

I guess my one complaint with Heroes is that it seems to borrow too much from Xmen (and other related series where people are just realizing their powers), but I am impressed with the special effects they are able to carryout with their (relatively) limited budget...and the character/story development so far has been pretty interesting.

My "Must See" TV: (no particular order)
    - Heroes
    - Prison Break
    - House
    - Grey's
    - DH
    - UGly Betty
    - LOST (still about a month left!! mad.gif )
    - Jimmy Neutron
    - Veronica Mars
    - The Office
    - infomercials tongue.gif
  • I'm not much of a TV person. I'll usually only watch TV if there's some ice skating on or OK Go. smile.gif

As for the "Whoa! Freshman? You're a freshman?" stuff, thanks. wub.gif You guys are all more awesome than me times infinity plus the square root of Pi.
  • its freaking snowing here

and i got caught out in it after the gig i went to tonight!
  • OMG I have never been so depressed (about my future) in my life...! sad.gif I don't know know if it's too early or too late or just the right time to be thinking about this (as I've said before I'm a high school freshman), but looking at Brown's statistics for admittance, it's really bleak. I'm really smart and people even refer to me as "The Human Computer They Never Had," but I definitely have a life.

I don't know about your schools, but here we have a rank system. your average is multiplied by 1.1 for Pre-Ap and 1.2 for AP. Obviously those are harder. And all the points are added up and you're ranked by how many points you have. And I'm only taking 3 Pre-AP classes instead of 4. I make at least a 98 on all my classes, but I'm sure there's someone out there taking 4 Pre-AP classes and making 98's in those.

I really want a good future and I want to become an artist or something great like that. I want to be able to say "I went to Brown or Columbia or insert Ivy League college here." And I'm sorry if I'm boring you or if I didn't explain enough...I just feel really bad.