In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I found out Tim Jordan commited suicide today. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I don't listen to AAR that much but it's still sad. I seriously screamed "WHAT!?!?!?!" in the hall today when my friend told me. I couldn't believe it.

sad.gif
  • For Canadians heres this Franz Ferdinand contest.

http://www.sonybmg.ca/franzfrenzy/contest.html
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 20 2005, 04:37 PM)
    For Canadians heres this Franz Ferdinand contest.

http://www.sonybmg.ca/franzfrenzy/contest.html

Why does this have to apply to Canadians?!?!?

I live about 30 minutes from Canada. Do I still count? smile.gif
  • I'm not sure... sowie
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 20 2005, 04:41 PM)
    I'm not sure... sowie

sad.gif

It's all right.
  • When ever I read your name jaded i think of that song by areosmith or something..
    "j-j-j-jaded..."
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 20 2005, 04:45 PM)
    When ever I read your name jaded i think of that song by areosmith or something..
    "j-j-j-jaded..."

Hahahaha, well that's how I got my nickname. biggrin.gif
  • lie and say that you are my wife...its legal here in can. so you can get away with it!

w00t for franz
  • Two things:

1)Has anyone else had the hiccups and suddenly had this immense fear that you will be one of those people that has the hiccups for 40 years?

I have obnoxiously odd fears.

2)I enjoy dancing in the back of the library [where I work] to random songs when I should be shelving. The best part happens when people catch me dancing and there's that awkward pause where you don't know whether to awkwardly walk away or just to keep dancing.

Enjoy your December!
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 20 2005, 04:24 PM)
    I found out Tim Jordan commited suicide today.  sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I don't listen to AAR that much but it's still sad.  I seriously screamed "WHAT!?!?!?!" in the hall today when my friend told me.  I couldn't believe it.

sad.gif
    blink.gif that is sad...i don't know much about him, but from the brief lines i just read about him, he sounds like he was a loved young man...he was in a band that broke up, then was the touring keyboardist for Number One Fan (so i think i've seen him and probably talked to him), before tagging along with the All-American Rejects, who were scheduled to play in Detroit tonight...i wonder if they still are...

and to tonetoile, cute sig pic! biggrin.gif
  • I am embarrased, and I got my tree upstairs, but I couldn't find the christmas tree stuff because they hid it in a box in the rafters of our garage. And I'm only 5'3". Even with the latter, I was still a foot too short. But then, it wasn't a very tall latter. Maybe I could get a bigger one. I'm going to be in trouble for buying a christmas tree. sad.gif And people died?
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Dec 20 2005, 05:00 PM)
    lie and say that you are my wife...its legal here in can. so you can get away with it!
    w00t for franz

Yay! I guess I'm RoRo's fake wife now. biggrin.gif

And franz is awesome. You all know how I feel about Mr. Kapranos so I won't express them for the millionth time. wub.gif

that is sad...i don't know much about him, but from the brief lines i just read about him, he sounds like he was a loved young man...he was in a band that broke up, then was the touring keyboardist for Number One Fan (so i think i've seen him and probably talked to him), before tagging along with the All-American Rejects, who were scheduled to play in Detroit tonight...i wonder if they still are...

They probably cancelled the rest of their tour. I wonder if this has anything to do with Rooney stepping out of the tour so early. I was going to go see them in Detroit, then I found out that they cancelled half way through their tour with AAR. I have a friend in Lansing who was going to see them in Toronto and Philly but when she got to Philly she found out Rooney stepped out of the tour. She was mad, but she made up for it by seeing The Redwalls in Maryland. biggrin.gif

And people died?

Sadly, yes. Tim Jordan commited suicide a few days ago, he was the keyboardist for All-American Rejects.

And on Halloween the drummer for Bayside was killed in a car accident, I had no idea. sad.gif

AND Bear vs. Shark broke up. sad.gif
  • oh. my. god.

I had no idea about Tim. That's awful.
  • Why? Why would he do that? Was he depressed? What on earth could he have to be depressed about? Did his girlfriend leave him or something? Could you send me a link to an article, or something?
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 20 2005, 11:06 PM)
    Why? Why would he do that? Was he depressed? What on earth could he have to be depressed about? Did his girlfriend leave him or something? Could you send me a link to an article, or something?

The only reason for someone to commit suicide is because they have mental illness, and that can be a ton of different things. It's really not our place to know why or how he did it right now. A lot of people are still taking this in. Like shades said, he was loved by a whole lot of people. It's devestating when something like this happens, especially at his status.

And I can't find any articles about it, my friend told me this and the only thing I could find to confirm this (because I didn't believe it at first), was on the AAR site, but it only gives condolences to his family.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 20 2005, 11:46 PM)
    The only reason for someone to commit suicide is because they have mental illness
    huh.gif blink.gif

Punknews.org
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 21 2005, 12:01 AM)

I learned that all suicides are caused by mental illnesses today . . . .

Psychology . . . mellow.gif

and thanks for the article.
  • this is so sad! my prayers are with his loved ones and family!
  • In my English class today we watched Finding Forrester and had a pizza party.

Adam (one of my friends) and I had a great time laughing at everything Sean Connery said.

Connery: "Stay the fuck out of me house!"

Adam and Jade: *quietly laughing and quoting Celebrity Jeopardy* "Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

It was a good way to end the first half of the school year.
  • Moo....like your mother....

Good times!