In this Discussion

Procrastinatron Strikes Again!

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 9 2006, 09:36 PM)
    I am about to inflict massive hallwrath on my keyboard.
    awoiegh pobweoph 'po n g0p-hgn;aohg olksn pihsanrp oghoawy'ok bf'iodz' y;io'u7vcuov'pgv[op'f8c8'po9obp
    zd ht9-
    oznhb
    { Zrd
    bh9td 9
    g ptdz /,
    That was oddly satisfying.

You go girl! Show that bitch who's boss!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 10 2006, 04:52 AM)
    You go girl! Show that bitch who's boss!

The first time I did that, I was in the middle of my analysis (which, coincidentally, I'm still in the middle of after taking a 15-min hiatus to sketch character designs. I'm awful with colors, so right now, they're all kind of an explosion of whatever colored pencils came out of the box first). So, the first time, I bang on the keyboard in utter frustration and the whole screen just turns blank.

So, it turns out my computer hates me? It decided that, no, it wouldn't take my (perfectly justified) banging, and just shut down for no real reason. My compy hates life.

Damn it, I just need to finish this... if only I could remember the plot...
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 9 2006, 09:57 PM)
    The first time I did that, I was in the middle of my analysis (which, coincidentally, I'm still in the middle of after taking a 15-min hiatus to sketch character designs. I'm awful with colors, so right now, they're all kind of an explosion of whatever colored pencils came out of the box first). So, the first time, I bang on the keyboard in utter frustration and the whole screen just turns blank.

So, it turns out my computer hates me? It decided that, no, it wouldn't take my (perfectly justified) banging, and just shut down for no real reason. My compy hates life.

Damn it, I just need to finish this... if only I could remember the plot...

Can I be of any assistance? I like writing stuff and am utterly bored with gingivitis. The stuff you're doing sounds so cool. How dare teachers go and ruin it by throwing you into a whirlpool of frustration! mad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 10 2006, 05:04 AM)
    Can I be of any assistance? I like writing stuff and am utterly bored with gingivitis. The stuff you're doing sounds so cool. How dare teachers go and ruin it by throwing you into a whirlpool of frustration! mad.gif

Well, really, it is, indeed, very interesting. However, after a period of time, it becomes quite tedious. I simply become frustrated when I feel like I'm repeating myself and, since I'm currently doing a character analysis which requires me to frequently repeat myself, I'm, obviously, frustrated.

However, I do love theatre and do love exploring characters...

I'm just so tired due to APs and general elevated stress levels.

However, this elevated stress could have been brought on by the fact that it's 1:06 am here and I tend to get unreasonable when tired.

Thanks for your offer to help though, 'twas very sweet. Unfortunately, it's very much a solo activity since it requires, unfortunately, a general knowledge of the piece. So, unless you happen to have read The Memory of Water, there's not much you can do.

I wish you the best of luck with your gingivitis studying!
  • Aww, thanks! Unfortunately, I have never read The Memory of Water. I have no memory of water because I do not like water. I tend to drown in water (for you see, I don't know how to swim). The fact that you can do so much in one day is admirable. I am not worthy of being in the presence of such a great one! I'll buy you a nice latte coffee caffinated thing though. I wish you the best of luck with your tedious repetitious character analysis.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 9 2006, 07:26 PM)
    Prompt book update (not that anyone cares, I just like chronicling the current bane of my existence): almost done with beats/units/blocking.

Now for character analysis while watching Scrubs.

Mmmm.

Also, congrats on the last AP test Spongie!! I have my last 2 on Thurs. They're going to massacre me with their furious graphs and odd economic reasonings.

Dude... You'll be FINE on Econ... that test is so straightforward, compared to the rest it's a good test.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ May 10 2006, 07:01 AM)
    Dude... You'll be FINE on Econ... that test is so straightforward, compared to the rest it's a good test.

That makes me feel a bit better.

Also, it is crucial to understand that I may have the most fascinating econ teacher simply due to her insanity. She sounds somewhat like a falsetto male, 50-year-old smoker and had a personality that simply cannot be restrained. Honestly, though somewhat insane, she's completely awesome.

Example #1: When a kid was confused about horizontal vs. verical, she lay down on the floor and shouted, "I'M HORIZONTAL NOW. DO YOU GET IT?!"

Example #2: She once told a story about sitting outside and shooting at the squirrels on her roof with (I believe) her son's BB gun because she was tired of their noise and scurrying waking her up at 4 in the morning. When Asked how the squirrel hunting went, she replied, "AWESOME. I shot one and left it as a reminder to the others!"

I adore that class, just not economics in general. Damn you Adam Smith/Keynes/whomever else.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 8 2006, 08:36 PM)
    Well too bad, we missed you.

Heee, awww.

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE!!!!

Well, actually, not really. I have a 5-10 page French paper due for next Wednesday, but I'm not going to worry about that until I head back home tomorrow or Saturday.

I really need sleep, though. I was up really late last night doing my costume designs- does anyone want to see them? I took pics. happy.gif And the night before that I was up until 2:30....umm....talking to a boy......biggrin.gif
  • Just a positive thought: School and finals are almost over, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
  • Tomorrow is my last day of classes before my internship starts...

and I still can't seem to shake senioritis for my one last assignment.

Instead, I'm looking up outfits for the 80s dance my friends and I are having tomorrow. I get to tease hair. I'm excited.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 11 2006, 10:47 PM)
    Tomorrow is my last day of classes before my internship starts...

and I still can't seem to shake senioritis for my one last assignment.

Instead, I'm looking up outfits for the 80s dance my friends and I are having tomorrow. I get to tease hair. I'm excited.

80's dance! Yes! That sounds like lotsa' fun.
  • biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 12 2006, 03:08 AM)
    80's dance! Yes! That sounds like lotsa' fun.

Should be! biggrin.gif

I need ideas for costumes (something cheap and easy). Any suggestions?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 11 2006, 11:17 PM)
    I need ideas for costumes (something cheap and easy). Any suggestions?

What's the play about?
  • Get an adult tee shirt, cut off the neck band, and viola, 80s tee.
  • How bout the Flashdance look? Or some pretty neon clashing colors.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 12 2006, 03:33 AM)
    How bout the Flashdance look? Or some pretty neon clashing colors.

I was thinking about Flashdance actually! Either that or 80s Madonna look.
  • Madonna! Do it!
  • Just don't do the pointy bra thing. You might poke someone's eye out.

(Phew, thank goodness I put this in the right thread this time)
  • Hahaha. Naw, I was thinking:
    ...but you really can't see the outfit at all. Oh well.

Or

OR!

Awww, skanky Madonna.
  • Definitely the look from the Lucky Star video. It's the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjjYxKtWtY