In this Discussion

Procrastinatron Strikes Again!

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ May 12 2006, 03:17 PM)
    Definitely the look from the Lucky Star video. It's the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjjYxKtWtY

I disagree, I think the first pick is best.
  • Bah, it's too late to answer this question since I've come on the board kinda late. You're probably at the 80s party right now. Have a marvelous time, darlink!
  • It was very amazing. I ended up ditching the Madonna idea (sadly) and going with a plethora of pink things, black and white polka dot legggins, a tiny spink skirt, pink shirt, and scrunchie (side pony tail).

I adore my friends because they're the people who completely embrace this, then wander through town with me in our 80s gear freaking out the local old shopkeepers ("WHAT?! It's not 1984?!").

I also got to tease out my guyfriend's hair. It was horrendous since he already has the "I'm a metal drummer" hair. Totally worth it.

Still, just dancing like maniacs in 80s gear with friends was priceless.

Next week? 20s dance!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 12 2006, 08:58 PM)
    It was very amazing. I ended up ditching the Madonna idea (sadly) and going with a plethora of pink things, black and white polka dot legggins, a tiny spink skirt, pink shirt, and scrunchie (side pony tail).

I adore my friends because they're the people who completely embrace this, then wander through town with me in our 80s gear freaking out the local old shopkeepers ("WHAT?! It's not 1984?!").

I also got to tease out my guyfriend's hair. It was horrendous since he already has the "I'm a metal drummer" hair. Totally worth it.

Still, just dancing like maniacs in 80s gear with friends was priceless.

Next week? 20s dance!

Hurray!!! I'm so glad you had a good time. Lol, I love that you guys walked around town in your 80s gear. For Halloween, I went as Lily Munster from the old tv show "The Munsters." My friend wanted me to pick up something on the way to her party, so I walked around Safeway (grocery store) as Lily Munster. People tried not to look, or would look and say something silly. Don't you love the attention you get when you look crazy? Your friends sound like so much fun, so very creative! Wow, the 20s dance is gonna be even cooler. Have you started planning your 20s look yet?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 13 2006, 09:23 PM)
    Hurray!!! I'm so glad you had a good time. Lol, I love that you guys walked around town in your 80s gear. For Halloween, I went as Lily Munster from the old tv show "The Munsters." My friend wanted me to pick up something on the way to her party, so I walked around Safeway (grocery store) as Lily Munster. People tried not to look, or would look and say something silly. Don't you love the attention you get when you look crazy? Your friends sound like so much fun, so very creative! Wow, the 20s dance is gonna be even cooler. Have you started planning your 20s look yet?

Hahaha. You'd get along well with my friends methinks. My guyfriend left his change of clothes behind in our teen center by accident and was forced to walk around as Peter Pan in tights and a cap. Little kids asked to take pictures with him. He didn't mind. He went bowling in the outfit.

I'm thinking total flapper. I'd need to order to outfit online. I was thinking:
    http://www.costumes4less.com/Groupdetail.asp?sku=A81121 (the black one)... but cheaper? I'm going to search all nearby thrift stores.

Dressing up is far too much fun. I'm such a kid at heart.
  • French paper.

Last thing to do for the semester.

Due in about 24 hours.

I have a long outline.

And less than a page written.

And I just can't put my mind to it.

Which is really annoying.

Which is also why I've been making a lot of semi-pointless posts today, haha.

AWEOT@$O*!#131!!!11!!!! wr8yg
  • At least you have an outline. I never write outlines and always leave all the work until the last possible minute.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 16 2006, 11:19 PM)
    At least you have an outline. I never write outlines and always leave all the work until the last possible minute.

Oh, believe me, I shall be working on this 'til about 5 pm tomorrow, probably.

At least I'm on page four now, and almost halfway through my outline. I want to be done with the first half of the paper by midnight. Then we'll see how long the second half will take me.

I hope my professor doesn't get mad at me. She said that the sooner the 5 college students (of which I'm one)and seniors got their papers in, the better. Like, if we could get them in on the 15th, that'd be great, 'cause then she could get our grades sooner. Ooops. But I asked the registrar at my school if there would be any problem, and they said to just follow the guidelines for the class (ie, hand it in by the 17th) because they expect to get 5 college grades later than Smith grades anyway, and I'm not graduating, so it wouldn't be a problem.

I guess I should have told my professor that, lol.
  • How did the paper go, jedi_grrlie? Was the force with you?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 17 2006, 08:54 PM)
    How did the paper go, jedi_grrlie? Was the force with you?

I finished it! I finished it! I'm DONE for the year!

Actually, I'm not all that relieved. I feel like I did a really crappy job on my paper. I was just rambling by the end. And I'd like to say that I don't give a damn, but I really do. Ugggh.

It may be because I'm very cranky, 'cause I was up 'til 5:30 am.

Tomorrow is time to 1) get a haircut and a new bathing suit, 2) start packing and 3) clean up my room.
  • Ah, doesn't it feel good to have all that stuff out of the way though? Your day tomorrow sounds like fun. Would you believe I cut and color my own hair because I don't trust anyone else to do it. Is that a Kulash thing to do? I'm trying to make Kulash into an adjective, but sometimes it's hard for my brain to handle. I get all distracted by the real Kulash while trying to think of the name Kulash to use as an adjective. Lol, I do hope I have now throughly confused you. biggrin.gif
  • So basically this thread will die now because no one is still in school? The only thing I procrastinate about during summer vacation is (1) getting ready for work and (2) cleaning my room. However, those don't seem as exciting and/or stressful as homework.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 20 2006, 12:20 AM)
    So basically this thread will die now because no one is still in school?

I. FREAKING. WISH.
  • What? Is Canada still in school? That's NUTS. I am sorry, Kay, I'll do some of your assignments as long as they involve symbolism, I'm good at that.
  • Exams finish on my birthday. AT THE VERY END OF JUUUNE.
  • June???? Wow, that sucks Kay.
  • And I just know I'll end up with an exam on my birthday. I know it. However, I see this as an opportunity to whine my way into getting presents from my hilarious teachers.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 19 2006, 10:07 PM)
    And I just know I'll end up with an exam on my birthday. I know it. However, I see this as an opportunity to whine my way into getting presents from my hilarious teachers.

How did that project go where you had to describe the glories of neon? Oh, and don't feel bad. I'm still in school too.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 20 2006, 01:17 AM)
    How did that project go where you had to describe the glories of neon?

A+ biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 19 2006, 10:19 PM)
    A+ biggrin.gif

Woo-hoo! Your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist gives you a thumbs up and a high five!

(P.S. You guys make it look so easy to photoshop a pic. But man, it's a pain in the ass!)