In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• o snaps... its called the Zebra Room??? i've always thought it was trish's place. maybe cause of the dvd... or i don't know...
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Feb 7 2007, 01:07 AM)
    o snaps... its called the Zebra Room??? i've always thought it was trish's place. maybe cause of the dvd... or i don't know...

laugh.gif i thought the same thing. i thought the video was filmed at her place too. laugh.gif
  • me too! i guess ive been living a lie?
  • http://www.revolt-media.com/news/?p=196

"It'll actually technically be the third video we made for that song. The band made one just when we were on tour - we shot one in state parks and at rock shows. And then we made sort of an official video with the label with a director that we're really fond of. But we made that a year ago, and it just doesn’t feel apropos anymore. I feel like we need to do something new."
  • Thanks, Mixtape!
    hehe, I thought it was Trish's house too.
    And thanks, ihave7stars!
  • QUOTE (HMMbands @ Feb 7 2007, 11:13 PM)
    laugh.gif i thought the same thing. i thought the video was filmed at her place too. laugh.gif

Technically it IS her place. Just not her..house.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 6 2007, 10:55 AM)
    Damian mentioned this last night, but he didn't actually give a release date. He just mentioned it.

Um, then I scared the merch guy 'cause I knew more about the vid than he did and clearly I had "crazy fangirl!!!" written on my forehead. >.<

LOL - in my case, "crazy fangirl" would be a tattoo...
  • QUOTE (CanaCove @ Feb 8 2007, 11:44 AM)
    LOL - in my case, "crazy fangirl" would be a tattoo...

Dang - the main reason I posted that post was to subscribe to this thread but when I posted the post I forgot to subscribe. Mission now accomplished - sorry for wasting cyber space...
  • This was just on the Capitol Street Team website:

02/09/07 : "Do What You Want" video on MTV
    OK Go's "Do What You Want" video is confirmed for an MTV multi-channel premiere rollout on Thursday, February 15th.

The video will premiere on TRL and MTV.com with ALL DAY PREMIERES on MTV Hits and mtvU.

So check it out!
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • gah! yes! i hope much music plays it!
  • OMG squee! I can't wait!
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 9 2007, 05:20 PM)
    The video will premiere on TRL and MTV.com with ALL DAY PREMIERES on MTV Hits and mtvU.

Am I the only one who thinks the boardies should get a sneak peek even if it's over on YouTube or the JC board? Making us watch it for the first time with other MTV viewers who aren't hard core fans seems so...wrong. unsure.gif

Edit:
    Sorry, I was just cranky when I wrote that. Didn't mean to sound so entitled! tongue.gif
  • hheheh im just glad its comming out. real fans (like all of us) can appreciate the original video. Regular folk just dont understand how rad it is.
  • Just in case it doesn't get played on Canadian stations, can we count on someone to upload it? If Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore doesn't, at least.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 9 2007, 02:39 PM)
    Am I the only one who thinks the boardies should get a sneak peek even if it's over on YouTube or the JC board? Making us watch it for the first time with other MTV viewers who aren't hard core fans seems so...wrong. unsure.gif

I agree with you, but who knows we still might be getting the first look. That was posted on a public site, which I'm sure they wont announce that it will be shown to the people of the OK Go forum first, then we might be flooded with a bunch of people only interesting in seeing the video first.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 9 2007, 04:39 PM)

Edit:
    Sorry, I was just cranky when I wrote that. Didn't mean to sound so entitled! tongue.gif

I'm there bein' cranky with ya, 7stars. And how sad is it that the release was communicated to this list via a posting from someone who harvested the news from the Capitol Street Team site!?!?!?!?! We hard core boardie fans are entitled. Phfffffttttt and phfffffttttt!
  • Guys. I'm sure J0rge will put it in the JC theatre as soon as he can.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 9 2007, 03:06 PM)
    Guys. I'm sure J0rge will put it in the JC theatre as soon as he can.

Me too...I have faith in him. I can't wait though. I have a feeling that this video is gonna blow meh mind.
  • I have so little mind left as ok go has blown most of it.

I can't wait till i have no mind left.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 9 2007, 10:20 PM)
    This was just on the Capitol Street Team website:

02/09/07 : "Do What You Want" video on MTV
    OK Go's "Do What You Want" video is confirmed for an MTV multi-channel premiere rollout on Thursday, February 15th.

So check it out!
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
    im excited
    and now im sad...no cable sad.gif
    someone post it as soon as they can please sad.gif