In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 20 2007, 10:22 PM)
    i like this guy, marry him.

Haha, I like him too.
  • aw JB coffee boy!!
    its okay - next time you shall find out his name! though he will forever be coffee boy! cool.gif

wolfie, i wish i had something deep and insightful to say.. but all that comes to mind is..
    BOYS SUCK!!
    wooop oh how eloquent.

and i like good guy lukass too.. but electra mectra likes the bad boys.
  • Heh. Thanks guys. I feel a little better about it.
    I'm just not sure how to handle it. Right now he's not talking to me, not like refusing just not initiating anything. I'm not initiating either. I'd love to wait it out and see how long this will go on before he acknowledges me, but I know exactly how long that will be. Till one of his exes tries to ruin his life again and he needs a shoulder to cry on. Or until I see him next week. Ohhhhh, I'm dreading my vacation. That's not right. 8 days, I hope he does a total 180 between now and then.

Boys do suck!! Unfortunately I'm just not into girls. But honestly we're probably not much better smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Aug 20 2007, 08:56 PM)
    Actually the Vegas trip turned into that!! laugh.gif My birthday party's Saturday, that should be fun.

remember what the commercials say...what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...have a great birthday!

Boys do suck sometimes. Girls have the power. You are an intelligent young woman, if a guy can't see that you care about him then he's self-absorbed and you don't want that. You deserve better. Please don't torture yourself by continuing to be there for him. My best friend tried to stay friends with her ex and it was too hard.

I hate to see you suffer over a boy. He's the one missing out, not you sweetie.

**hugs**
  • Thanks.

This trip is the only reason I'm hanging on really. We planned it together. I was flying into Phoenix and staying there for 2 day and then we were going to drive to Vegas. Well he's not going now, but it would cost a lot of money to change my flight, so now I"m still flying into PHX 2 days early, and still need a place to stay. I doubt we have much contact after it's all over. He knows I'm not happy, and when I'm there I plan to tell him that I'm not going to be his therapist any more.

He emailed me this morning. Just small talk crap. No news on his drama, no acknowledgement that I'm obviously upset. So frustrating.

But anyway.

How have you been? I tried to PM you when you posted the other day, but it wouldn't let me.
    I hope you're doing ok.
  • I'm doing fine. Yesterday was the funeral and I talked to everyone on the phone.

Everything is getting a little better, small steps...my daughter had orientation/registration the other day and she already made a new friend and knew someone from city orchestra. My son's orientation/registration is tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes, we did find out his 2 best friends are in the same "house".

My parents are stopping to spend the night on their way home from the funeral. It will be nice to see them.

Thanks for asking.

I'm sure everything will work out for the best for you. Have a great time in Vegas!
  • Cool. I'm glad you're doing better! I hope you have a good time with your parents.
  • Ha!!! So shuffle decided the first song I was going to hear today is "You're so Damn Hot"

You don't love me at all
    Don't think that it bothers me at all
    (it doesnt'!!! I swear it rolleyes.gif )

Oh cruel media player!!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 21 2007, 03:22 AM)
    i like this guy, marry him.

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 21 2007, 04:19 AM)
    Haha, I like him too.

QUOTE (amberdino @ Aug 21 2007, 07:24 AM)
    and i like good guy lukass too.. but electra mectra likes the bad boys.

Hahahahha! Ambers, you're right to an extent - but I also don't like being told I'm dumb for doing what I want. It's my choice, it wasn't dumb, and it'd got nowt to do with him. I'm thinking that he might have gone cold because he met me at a medicine-related thing, and he's now decided against medicine... but I asked my friend about that idea and he said guys don't think that deeply. So I'm stumped. tongue.gif

Oh, and I've been trying to help my ex with his latest girl. It's too cute, and I keep laughing which gets him totally paranoid. This girl turned up at his house at 3am just to see him. She sat with him in the cold at 1am outside her house, just chatting to him. She's spent the night at his house twice, the two of them always sit on their own at parties, talking to one another, and she gives him friendly, joking little bites on his lips.

And he says he's too scared to kiss her because he's not sure whether or not she likes him!!!
    He's got to be the shyest guy in existence.
    So darlings - got any advice for me to give him? Because so far "just fucking do it, boy!" hasn't been working.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 21 2007, 12:31 PM)
    Hahahahha! Ambers, you're right to an extent - but I also don't like being told I'm dumb for doing what I want. It's my choice, it wasn't dumb, and it'd got nowt to do with him. I'm thinking that he might have gone cold because he met me at a medicine-related thing, and he's now decided against medicine... but I asked my friend about that idea and he said guys don't think that deeply. So I'm stumped. tongue.gif

wow Electra, I know exactly what you mean! That has totally happened to me before. People don't need to tell you that what you did is dumb because it has nothing to do with them. And then they kind of think they are better, ya know?
  • Exactly! Thanks, Patty!
    And now he thinks less of me because of it. As if it's any of his business. Grrr...
  • yes exactly! It was your decision and he shouldn't think less of you for it. And you're right, it is none of his business. You can make your own decisions and he shouldn't judge you for that.
  • Yeah that's silly. Besides, isn't smoking pot part of the Amsterdam experience? I can see him not liking it if you were a regular user, but ohh you tried it once. BFD.

But that ex story is cute. She bites him on the lip, but he's scared to kiss her? That's his perfect opportunity. In fact if I liked a guy and he did that I don't think I could not kiss him. I think it's so cute when guys are dumb like that and don't get it.

Unfortunately when guys are dumb on the cute little stuff like that, they're also dumb on the big important stuff. That's gotten me into more than 1 mess before (much like the one above!!)
  • tell him to go big or go home.
    and to be a man!

haha my persuasive skills could use some work.
  • Aww he sounds cute! Haha, for some reason I think shyness makes a guy cute. I don't know why.

Tell him to just take a chance. If it doesn't work out, at least he knows he tried.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 21 2007, 12:31 PM)

Alice, honestly, you're too cool and open-minded to be with a preachy nerd like that.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 21 2007, 07:56 PM)
    Alice, honestly, you're too cool and open-minded to be with a preachy nerd like that.

wub.gif

And about the cute shy guy - I've explained that it's obvious she likes him, and that her kissing his lip means she wants him to kiss her - but he's still shy. It's so stupid. But sweet tongue.gif
    God knows how we ever went out when he's this wet... I think I only did it coz I fancied his friend, actually... hahahahah!
  • alright i already posted this in the paolo nutini thread but i know some of you people wouldn't dare to venture into the realm of crazyness
    so here it is.

ok.
    sooo, i think a long time ago i told you guys about it but, last year at school i had a huge crush on one of my brothers friends, like i fell for him hard. so we talked a good amount, and he waved or said hi and tried to talk to me at school everyday and then all of a sudden he just sorta stopped talking to me, and then there was a winter dance, so i went stag being a dumb teenage girl hoping that he might ask me to dance, but thats not what happened i sat around for about an hour then turns out his date was just late [ by an hour] and i had no idea he was goin to have a date, so i sat there and when i couldn't take it any longer i went into the bathroom and cried til i felt sick.

so then on new years he asked her out [ as i found out from one of his friends] and i thought ya know, i still like him, so i might as well just "wait" for him. so then after a few months i gave up, and i thought i was over him, i felt like i was over him. i told my friends he was an asshole and all this other stuff to make myself feel better. but inside i was actually mad at myself for thinking that he might like me, when he was probably just being nice cuz i was his friends little sister.

so over the summer i didn't think about him and i thought i was over him.

but then today at school he came back [ he was gone the first day cuz he was still on vaca in florida ] and i was walking through the mall at lunchtime heading for the restroom [ our school is connected to a business mall ] and then i see him walking down the mall in my direction, and i see him and he waves at me, i wave back, and then i try not to look at him, but i keep looking up as im walking and he is still looking at me, and then i have this weird flashback in my mind of all the stuff that we talked about together and everytime he waved at me or talked to me, or the time he came over and actually sat with me and my friends at lunch, and how much i like his eyes..
    like wierd.
    and as i go into the restroom it feels like every wound was reopened and the feelings i used to have for him started coming back, such as how funny he was and how he always made me laugh, or how much i loved looking at his eyes which are gorgeous green/blue. dry.gif and i almost start crying, cuz i don't want this to happen and for me to get my heart broken again because i know he only thinks of me as his friends little sister.

unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 21 2007, 12:56 PM)

hey hey hey! just cause hes anti alcohol and drug doesnt make him a preachy nerd, the preaching makes him preachy, but certainly not a nerd!
  • Oh, Teesa! I don't know how I managed to miss all of this in the Paolo thread...

Darling, I'm sorry that this guy has made you feel so down, and that it's all come flooding back when you had been doing so well getting over him. But it seems to me that, considering you're 'just' his friend's little sister, you seem to have a pretty friendly relationship - I, for one, don't really talk to my friends' older brothers much - so maybe, when you've both grown up and age and such matters less, maybe something could happen? And until then, can't you occupy yourself with other guys? Like Coffee Boy for instance? Hehe smile.gif

I'm sorry my lovely *hugs*
    I hope you don't get so down about him this year at school.