In this Discussion

Ok Go avas and sigs

Comments

• o that's sounds like a really fun trip! i'm glad you liked it here in NY! ya usually you can tell who is a tourist and who is from there. and most people aren't that nice to them or they just get annoyed because the tourists aren't used to all the craziness and stuff.

what was your favorite thing? did you see all the sights? haha

it's kinda weird because people come to NY for like vacation, yet like I go there for like the day or whatever or to do something down there. and you can usually tell who's visiting because there always the ones who are like "woah, the empire state building" and stuff, but i love NY!
  • Awww, welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time!
  • Thx, Porifera! We did most of the usual tourist stuff- Broadway, Ellis Island, etc- Empire State Building, looool. But I reeeally wanted to see Seinfeld's diner, which we sadly didn't do.
    I think my favorite thing was just seeing NYers' reactions to tourists- like this lady who was laughing when my sister took a picture of an NYPD car. I just love NYers- they're so sophisticated. Bostonians are snobs, but NYers are sophisticated without being snobby. It's funny though, cuz when tourists come to Boston, it's for like, history and the Revolutionary War...or, they're rich snobs going to Martha's Vineyard. But NY has so much more to see and do.
    Thx too, Shalu-lah! You guys are so nice smile.gif I luv ya
  • I missed you, Sally. wub.gif
    And I don't care that you don't want to be payed back. I'm still buying you a hat.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 3 2007, 06:28 PM)
    I'm back! And as much as I hate to admit it, Rachel, NY is awesome. Just absolutely awesome.

Ha! You know it.

However, the best part was reading the NY paper and seeing how frustrated everybody is with the Yankees- and how they're behind the Sox. tongue.gif
    Bunch of Bandwagoners running the press this week, I suppose. I lived through the 80's. I'm a Don Mattingly fan. I can live with a bad season or two, but I will *never* (again) root for the Sox.

ah- I wrote too much. Sorry. But I love your city, Rachel. And we passed thru your other homeland, CT; we didn't actually stop, but we did stop in NJ and there I looked for you, and in NYC too. ooof, I'm your stalker.

No, we enjoyed reading it! You can look for me all you like. If you're ever in Delaware, my car is the Silver Corolla with the OK Go sticker on the back bumper (as well as stickers for the Montauk Lighthouse and a paw). And you, Miss Sally, are the most benign stalker I've ever had. wub.gif

Alice! I'm so glad you like it! I didn't want to disappoint you, so yay! It was a lovely moment you chose.

It *really* was. I've got to find a moment that I need an avatar of, because you're so brilliant at it.
  • I love both Boston and NYC... honestly, I don't think I could choose. My grandparents live in Queens, so I go down quite a lot... but I've grown up in/outside of Boston. I think they're pretty different, but I love both of them.

and thanks, Sally! but it's not a credit, it's an honest thank-you for being so awesome at making them. =P so it stays.
  • hehehe, I luv ya, Rachel. And now I know exactly what your car looks like! You know that creepy person hanging out in your office parking lot and washing your car with a spongee every now and then? That's me.

Aw, Meg, you're so wonderful. And you're a NY/Boston child! I wonder who you root for, teehee!
  • psshhh Red Sox/Mets. duh.

my NY family actually are more Mets fans than Yankee fans, so it works out. Though my parents had a really hard time getting through 1986, hehe.
  • sally. i leave for 5 days and you just prove to me you're even more of a bad ass than i thought!!!!
  • hahaha, you too, Katie- you're the queen of bad ass.
    Meg, that is lawlz worthy. You're like the poster child for peace. Love conquers all.
  • I've been trying to do vector art, and I failed miserably, so I tried instead to do comic-style stuff.
    I have a lot, and you might not be interested, so I'm sorry to take up so much space. Here we go:

I started out like this:
    and:

and then progressed to this:
    one:
    two:
    three:
    four:
    there are sooo not banner size, but I couldn't bear to squish them- squishing seems to take something out of it. I did squish them in the end, of course, but now that you've seen the full size, maybe you'll get an idea of where you want it cropped.

(more in next post)
  • last big one:

ok, so here are the banner size ones (some of these are different from the big ones, some the same:
    one:
    two:
    three:
    four:

oh, and this is an animation with speech bubbles:

(more in next post)
  • last set:
    one:
    two:
    three:
    four:

I dunno if you're interested in these- if you want a different speech bubble or something...sorry to take up all these posts...only images 6 are allowed per post
  • o wow...those look really cool!
  • oh, Sally, those are beautiful!!

all of them!!!!

I'm totally jealous.

<3
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 3 2007, 04:01 PM)
    Thx, Porifera! We did most of the usual tourist stuff- Broadway, Ellis Island, etc- Empire State Building, looool. But I reeeally wanted to see Seinfeld's diner, which we sadly didn't do.
    I think my favorite thing was just seeing NYers' reactions to tourists- like this lady who was laughing when my sister took a picture of an NYPD car. I just love NYers- they're so sophisticated. Bostonians are snobs, but NYers are sophisticated without being snobby. It's funny though, cuz when tourists come to Boston, it's for like, history and the Revolutionary War...or, they're rich snobs going to Martha's Vineyard. But NY has so much more to see and do.
    Thx too, Shalu-lah! You guys are so nice smile.gif I luv ya

What?!?!? Seinfeld's diner is real?!

Ah! I almost choked on my popcorn when I saw this one. It's so beautiful Sally! That'll teach me to eat and click on this thread!
    QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 6 2007, 03:17 PM)
    and then progressed to this:
    one:

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 6 2007, 03:18 PM)
    oh, and this is an animation with speech bubbles:

Haha, this one makes me giggle! CUTE!

Sally, I'll never get tired of saying: You're amazing!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 3 2007, 03:28 PM)
    I'm back! And as much as I hate to admit it, Rachel, NY is awesome. Just absolutely awesome. It completely lived up to and even beyond its reputation. NYC is Boston on steroids...In the words of Micheal Scott, "New York is like Scranton on acid. No…on speed…no, on steroids."
    Grand Central smells more than our big subway station here. The buses were- well, you can't lean on the doors cuz they open...which was so shocking to me, cuz here I ignore the "do not lean" signs and lean on the doors all I want, as long as I move when the driver opens them. But in NY, the doors can be opened by passengers...so all of a sudden, like 3 old men were yelling at me to stop leaning on the door. And I thought, "sheesh, what's it to you?" And this guy comes in with his gf and he tells her, "come on, we can't stand on the stairwell." And it was so shocking to me when I realized why.

Aww man, my friend has taken me to NYC every weekend this month, and the one weekend she doesn't feel well is when Tabetha's in town! Glad you had a great time though.
  • ohmy.gif Those are fantastic! I've tried doing stuff like that and it NEVER WORKS!
  • thankee, Porifera, Shalu-lah and Meg!
    Lety, I still have the address smile.gif It's on 110th and Columbus! They have a tour that goes to all the places where shows were filmed, like Sex in the City and The Sopranos, etc. And my friend who goes to NYU said that Law&Order (or maybe it was CSI- I forget now) asks random ppl in the street to be extras, so some of his friends have been in it. And this other guy I know said he woke up to find a burnt, exploded car in the street and then another and another, all down the street- and for a sec, he's like, "omg," but then he realizes a movie was being filmed and it's just another day in NYC.
    And I'm glad that made you giggle smile.gif OK Go could possibly be Fantastic Four the Musical.

Aw, Tempe, next time we'll meet up and go dancing!
  • I made a bunch of animations...I have no life...
    hopefully, these will be amusing...

episode1:
    episode2 (shown before):
    episode3:
    episode4: