In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 9 2008, 03:15 PM)
    oh, and waking up today with a horrible headache that needs excedrin at 7am, and requires you to shut all your blinds so your room looks liek a cave

your head is just preparing you for the new batman film...
  • parents who come to visit and reorganize your house to look more like their house and in the process tell you they're just helping you. Now I can't find my fucking gardening gloves cause they're not in the spot they're supposed to be. The response I get: "oh, I didn't touch your gardening gloves." You gardened, didn't you! Why did you move the gloves! Honestly, my mom hated when her dad did this to her and now she's doing it to me!
  • I hate when you let someone borrow something and they keep it for forever and then you have to go pick it up from their house when they're done. Ugh.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 9 2008, 04:15 PM)
    oh, and waking up today with a horrible headache that needs excedrin at 7am, and requires you to shut all your blinds so your room looks liek a cave

my bedroom ALWAYS looks like a cave
    I <3 it
    sorry about the headache, though. that sucks.

my current dilemma is how if I sleep with the windows closed, I'll boil alive. literally. I probably won't be able to sleep, even.
    But if I sleep with the windows open and the fan going, I'll wake up with major allergy attack- sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, whole head clogged up, etc.... and it'll prolly last the whole day.

=/ it's a lose-lose situation.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 9 2008, 01:15 PM)
    umm...

Ben Kweller is going to be in Chicago next Friday...

BUT...

Matt Nathanson is playing a FREE show in Ann Arbor the same day...

AHHHHHH! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Wow. That's quite a dilemma. The BK show isn't a headlining show though and I heard tickets are like $35, so maybe you should go with the free show. BK is supposed to be doing a headlining tour around October, so it might be better to wait until then. It'll be cheaper and better.

My complaint is that the boys staying with us are smokers, so the house smells like cigarettes. They don't smoke around me, but still.
  • oooo smile.gif well, i was HOPING he'd do a tour before he went overseas in December... so, yeah. we'll see what i can figure out...

and gross, K. i hate everything about smoking sad.gif
  • FREE SHOW?! Bahhhh I want to see him so bad. What time and where?
  • I just booked my flight to London for next week and just LOVE how all those little things come together and you suddenly pay 80 euro more than what it first said--- but I have my flight, yes!

Why WHY is it so hard to find a decent place to stay in London?? Everytime I go there I'm having this problem. See, I really don't have that much money, really really not and would normally stay home and not spend it on this but I wanted a vacation with my friend so badly and I want to go to London, see Alice and I'm looking forward to it, no doubt. But it's still so hard, I just thought I found the perfect place, cheap but with breakfast, a little outside centre of the city but tube station nearby, then I read this:
    found out that it is not very safe as in 1 week you had 3 drive by shootings and on wiki it said that just behind your hostel there was an appropriatly placed cemetery. all in all we found the room to be small dingy the shower smelt rotten and there were several health and saftey issues that need to be investigated.

... yeah, thank you
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 9 2008, 04:15 PM)
    umm...

Ben Kweller is going to be in Chicago next Friday...

BUT...

Matt Nathanson is playing a FREE show in Ann Arbor the same day...

AHHHHHH! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

That happened to me once with Matt Nathanson (free tickets offered from a friend who couldn't go) but I had already bought tickets to see Andy Davis. In retrospect I should have gone to Matt Nathanson.

Here's my dilemma. My friend Lauren is so effin stupid! She didn't turn in her housing deposit and application when I did way back in October so now she's not signed up to be my roommate for the fall, and I have to live with someone I don't know. Ugh. She remembers writing the check and application but not turning them in. If she did it now, she'd be at the bottom of a waiting list of 175 people.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jul 11 2008, 04:08 PM)
    I just booked my flight to London for next week and just LOVE how all those little things come together and you suddenly pay 80 euro more than what it first said--- but I have my flight, yes!

Why WHY is it so hard to find a decent place to stay in London??

Mayo love, there was a lovely little place where my friends and I stayed in Shepherd's Bush after The Hoosiers' gig - it's practically across the street from The Empire. Let me see if I can find out the name because it wasn't expensive at all.

Mission accomplished! It was called The Grantly Hotel.

And now I've spent 10 minutes looking at the pictures from that night and I might cry. My complaint is that the Atlantic Ocean is too wide. I want England to be closer.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jul 11 2008, 02:01 PM)
    FREE SHOW?! Bahhhh I want to see him so bad. What time and where?

July 18th, 8pm in Ann Arbor. FOr some Art school fair thing... wicked, right?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jul 11 2008, 01:08 PM)
    I just booked my flight to London for next week and just LOVE how all those little things come together and you suddenly pay 80 euro more than what it first said--- but I have my flight, yes!

Why WHY is it so hard to find a decent place to stay in London?? Everytime I go there I'm having this problem. See, I really don't have that much money, really really not and would normally stay home and not spend it on this but I wanted a vacation with my friend so badly and I want to go to London, see Alice and I'm looking forward to it, no doubt. But it's still so hard, I just thought I found the perfect place, cheap but with breakfast, a little outside centre of the city but tube station nearby, then I read this:

... yeah, thank you

Mayo, I admire so much your ability to just get up and go anywhere exciting by yourself. And if you're not going alone, then I still admire you just the same. cool.gif
  • I'm not going alone, my friend who also was with me last Nov when we flew over for the OK Go concert comes with me. biggrin.gif

Thank you Rachel, I just checked rates and things but the room is not available for the time we're there.
    Last night I tried and mailed some people from this couch surfing thing and just hope that someone answers...

But it'll be a great trip, even if we have to sleep in Hyde Park , biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Ahh Mayo, I'd love for you to stay with me but I don't think we have the room!! I'm sorry.

But have a look here for London hostels - there're some pretty cheap hostels with good reviews on there!!
  • gah! youtube deleted my account for copyright infringement. For videos I had up since I first got an account over 2 years ago! Of clips from a foreign show!!!!! Now I lost all my favorites, and I had about 100!
  • I think there is something seriously wrong with me.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 12 2008, 07:33 AM)
    gah! youtube deleted my account for copyright infringement. For videos I had up since I first got an account over 2 years ago! Of clips from a foreign show!!!!! Now I lost all my favorites, and I had about 100!

those lousey sons of bitches! I want to hunt down those youtube robots and throw water at them! how dare they! mad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 12 2008, 07:28 PM)
    those lousey sons of bitches! I want to hunt down those youtube robots and throw water at them! how dare they! mad.gif

aw, thx, Tempe! I was so upset, but you make me feel much better smile.gif
  • My brother is staying with us for a couple months and now the bathroom smells like man sad.gif And very strongly I might add.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 12 2008, 05:42 PM)
    I think there is something seriously wrong with me.

whats wrong courtney?