In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• ok, so I know everything needs water, but really...we don't need any rain right now!! The floodwaters here just receded last week and the river is still only about 4 ft from pushing up over the bridges and roads again. I'm one of the lucky ones who just had a teensy bit of water in the basement while my neighbors( across the street) had the river 6ft deep in their back yards and filled up their basements.

rain, rain go away come again some other day
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 24 2008, 02:49 PM)
    Aw, well I hope it gets better, and when it does, you should go swimming! smile.gif

She's really lucky! I've always wanted to live somewhere in Europe, but particularly London where it wouldn't be too much of a challenge communicating with people.

No drunken posts lately? wink.gif
    I love those!

I think I will smile.gif
    And yeah... she'll be hopping around everywhere. Someday though, I will too... hopefully next April after I'm graduated from college!!

And... it's Wednesday... that means you guys might get some of those drunk posts you love so much wink.gif

:more hugs for c:
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 24 2008, 07:49 PM)
    Also:
    Not that this is a complaint, but this fits well with my previous posts of depression -
    I've concluded that maybe there's nothing wrong with ME - actually, scratch the "maybe." I just should find better friends that see me for who I am and not what I look like.
    Then maybe I wouldn't feel so badly about myself and the world in general.
    I've already found a few of those people here. smile.gif But then again, most of you don't know how I look, but I know you guys wouldn't care anyways if you did. wub.gif

Courtney, I'm so glad you've got a more positive outlook now! And I know what you look like and frankly I think you're gorgeous. smile.gif

Also, katie - AHHH I cannot WAIT for April and for you to come!!!
  • I'm so sad...one of my best friends will be going to Italy to study for a hole year!I'm really happy for him, because it's such an awesome oportunity, but it's going to be tough without him around sad.gif but I just can't show I'm sad, i have to support him, still, I'm going to miss him terribly
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 25 2008, 09:45 AM)
    Courtney, I'm so glad you've got a more positive outlook now! And I know what you look like and frankly I think you're gorgeous. smile.gif

Also, katie - AHHH I cannot WAIT for April and for you to come!!!

Aw, thanks so much! You're gorgeous too (obviously).

But sadly, it's not about "how I look," persay, but more about stereotypes, which I know you don't like all too much either!
  • stereotypes = pile of sh*t

---------------------------------------------------------
    hmm well i kinda have a random dilemna,
    i just wish i could know who is real, who is not. who really cares about me, and who doesn't give a damn. i have no enemies that i know of, no one that ever tries to mess with me or fight with me, and all the people i meet say im really nice and sweet and i have lots of friends, buuut i just know that some of them have got to be fake. its so duuuumb. i mean, its not like it really matters, right?
  • Indeed they are. I mean, let me just get it out in the open. Even though I don't like putting attitudes to races, let me just use the word "superwhitewashed" when I describe myself because that's the only word, I guess, that would describe me, And people I've thought of as friends still think my parents should have accents (when they don't), etc. and they can't seem to terms that I am just as American as they are, maybe even more.

These people and "friends" can't seem to see that whatever I am, I am because of me, not because of my race. And race is what you look like, not who you are. If I'm smart, it's because of me and because God gave me that kind of gift, not because of my race. And sometimes I get the feeling that some of my friends can't see the real me because they seem to beblinded by their ignorance. sad.gif Especially since the only and BEST thing I have is my personality and who I am and they can't seem to see it because of some stupid stereotypes. When they do that, I have nothing else. (Well, maybe my exceptionally breathtaking good looks, but who's counting? wink.gif )

Woo, emotional.

QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 25 2008, 09:13 PM)
    hmm well i kinda have a random dilemna,
    i just wish i could know who is real, who is not. who really cares about me, and who doesn't give a damn. i have no enemies that i know of, no one that ever tries to mess with me or fight with me, and all the people i meet say im really nice and sweet and i have lots of friends, buuut i just know that some of them have got to be fake. its so duuuumb. i mean, its not like it really matters, right?

It does matter! Everyone deserves someone who is real and really cares about you. smile.gif
    I know they're not what you meant when you said that, but if it helps, your family will always be there for you.
    And if all else fails, you still have your Paolo buddies. wub.gif

(And Paolo!)

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 25 2008, 10:10 PM)
    Indeed they are. I mean, let me just get it out in the open. Even though I don't like putting attitudes to races, let me just use the word "superwhitewashed" when I describe myself because that's the only word, I guess, that would describe me, And people I've thought of as friends still think my parents should have accents (when they don't), etc. and they can't seem to terms that I am just as American as they are, maybe even more.

These people and "friends" can't seem to see that whatever I am, I am because of me, not because of my race. And race is what you look like, not who you are. If I'm smart, it's because of me and because God gave me that kind of gift, not because of my race. And sometimes I get the feeling that some of my friends can't see the real me because they seem to beblinded by their ignorance. sad.gif Especially since the only and BEST thing I have is my personality and who I am and they can't seem to see it because of some stupid stereotypes. When they do that, I have nothing else. (Well, maybe my exceptionally breathtaking good looks, but who's counting? wink.gif )

Woo, emotional.

*high fives*
    you go girl!
    wink.gif

those "friends" and people need to take their stereotypes and ignorance and shove it up their. . . [well you know]...

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 25 2008, 10:10 PM)
    It does matter! Everyone deserves someone who is real and really cares about you. smile.gif
    I know they're not what you meant when you said that, but if it helps, your family will always be there for you.
    And if all else fails, you still have your Paolo buddies. wub.gif

(And Paolo!)

yeah,
    i only have three friends who are the best in the whole world and who i know for a fact are real and true.
    but there are about twenty others who i think are somewhat fake. but whatevs. im gonna be just fine smile.gif

and of course having the paolo buddies (you guys are like my best online friends biggrin.gif )
    and paolo makes it even better
    *dreams of paolo for a split second.... sigh*
    wub.gif

too bad he is stuck in heaven-*cough*- i mean electra's basement.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 26 2008, 04:10 AM)
    Indeed they are. I mean, let me just get it out in the open. Even though I don't like putting attitudes to races, let me just use the word "superwhitewashed" when I describe myself because that's the only word, I guess, that would describe me, And people I've thought of as friends still think my parents should have accents (when they don't), etc. and they can't seem to terms that I am just as American as they are, maybe even more.

Woo, emotional.

If people are going to judge you for your looks, they're not really your friends sad.gif it's really sad because people get discriminated for everythigs: for being too white, for being too black, for being too thin, for being too fat, for being too pretty or too ugly. On the inside we're just about the same, with different ideas and cultures. Don't let them get you down Court, we all know that you're and awesome person and they should know too! wink.gif wub.gif

And Tease, it really doesn't matter how MANY friends you have...but it's really important that those few you say you can count on. Those are the ones that really matter. Most people don't even have one person they can count on. You know that Hanson song "mmmbop"? LOL "you have so many relationships in this life only one or two will last...so hold on to the ones who really care" it really seems silly the music but to me it's allways been quite inspirational because it's true wink.gif

And we're here for you Theresa, Paolo budieeees wooot!!! wub.gif
  • warning, major venting ahead-

I'm fed up with everything. I either need a major life change(cause losing weight doesn't seem to be helping) or a very long vacation away from my friends, family, and job. I have had the worst 2 weeks between all those factors. I feel like all anyone does is take from me...I am drained. I consider myself a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, employee but geez! lately I feel like a doormat. I'm sorry to unload here, but it's the one place I can vent that no-one will find me. I have actually been confrontational with some of this lately...to end up with too little too late in my mind.

I have looked at moving on, in all aspects of that meaning. I have made lists of negatives and positives and possible outcomes. The negatives seem to be longer than the positives. I want to be happy again and have trust. Let me say that before 2 weeks ago, anything I had said sexually about Damian was in fun, because I'm married, he's married...well, if he wasn't married it'd be "on "at this point. I'm not into touching someone else's husband no matter how hot they are.

I think I need to stop before I go over the edge here.

sorry all this talk about friends made me think a little too hard, music has been a major coping tool for me too
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 26 2008, 05:39 AM)
    And Tease, it really doesn't matter how MANY friends you have...but it's really important that those few you say you can count on. Those are the ones that really matter. Most people don't even have one person they can count on. You know that Hanson song "mmmbop"? LOL "you have so many relationships in this life only one or two will last...so hold on to the ones who really care" it really seems silly the music but to me it's allways been quite inspirational because it's true wink.gif

And we're here for you Theresa, Paolo budieeees wooot!!! wub.gif

yeah i know it doesn't really matter how many friends, its just i want some of them to just stop being fake and if they really don't care about me, then just leave me alone. i don't want to waste time with fake friends i want to spend as much time with my real ones. ( and i am spending a lot of time with my three best friends, but there is a lot of time i feel like im wasting making conversation with other friends if they really don't care)

smile.gif
    i wub.gif my paolo buddies
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 26 2008, 10:32 AM)
    yeah i know it doesn't really matter how many friends, its just i want some of them to just stop being fake and if they really don't care about me, then just leave me alone. i don't want to waste time with fake friends i want to spend as much time with my real ones. ( and i am spending a lot of time with my three best friends, but there is a lot of time i feel like im wasting making conversation with other friends if they really don't care)

smile.gif

I can relate to how you are feeling, I wish I had something positive and insightful to say to help you. It seems to go on even when you'd think everyone is old enough to know better(people in their late 30's and 40's). Friends can be fickle things I guess.

**hugs**
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 25 2008, 10:29 PM)
    *high fives*
    you go girl!
    wink.gif

those "friends" and people need to take their stereotypes and ignorance and shove it up their. . . [well you know]...

yeah,
    i only have three friends who are the best in the whole world and who i know for a fact are real and true.
    but there are about twenty others who i think are somewhat fake. but whatevs. im gonna be just fine smile.gif

and of course having the paolo buddies (you guys are like my best online friends biggrin.gif )
    and paolo makes it even better
    *dreams of paolo for a split second.... sigh*
    wub.gif

too bad he is stuck in heaven-*cough*- i mean electra's basement.

Haha, girl power!
    Indeed. Now I have to go find some better people.

Well it's good you have three! That's a lot, I don't even think I have any!
    Yes! Paolo buddies forever!

And Paolo wub.gif

Silly Theresa, Electra's basement is Heaven...for Paolo. (Ooh, juicy...)
    QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 26 2008, 05:39 AM)
    If people are going to judge you for your looks, they're not really your friends sad.gif it's really sad because people get discriminated for everythigs: for being too white, for being too black, for being too thin, for being too fat, for being too pretty or too ugly. On the inside we're just about the same, with different ideas and cultures. Don't let them get you down Court, we all know that you're and awesome person and they should know too!

Thanks a lot, and you're right - it doesn't matter what color people are or what they look like, if you take away the skin, we'll all be...pink?

QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 26 2008, 10:32 AM)

smile.gif

You're right, don't waste time on people who don't care about you.
    But you can't blame them if they like spenidng time with you, I mean, come on, who doesn't like spenidng time with a Paolo buddy? wink.gif
  • Headbands give me headaches. Why do I continue to buy/wear them?
  • Because they are fierce and sometimes you have to suffer for fashion!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAaHHHHHHHHHHHHH scream of anger and frustration!!!!!!

I have to give my presentation in 2 hours TWO!

BUT:
    I have a second presentation tomorrow, the one where I need to present an interview with someone and ...I DON'T HAVE IT! Last Friday I wrote this guy from a comic editor thing and everything was great, yeah, cool, and he answered that he'd fill out my questionnaire as soon as he gets home and I haven't heard a word from him since... I was mad last night. really really mad, because really I don't have time to prepare this today, I have a book to read (due tomorrow) with no less than 400 pages and I have several appointments and my spare time, which I can see, somewhere in the distant distant future, should start in about... 14 hours ... which is spare time I can use for this damn presentation.
    The thing is, I wanted to make a back up copy of my presentation I have today, sent it to my mail account, this morning seeing that apparently, my mail account :"The following addresses had permanent fatal errors" WTFFFFFFF??? This means the guy probably wrote and I just didn't get it. I could have done that already. ARGH!

I might go and cry now but... I don't have time.

good thing, I stayed up so late reading that book that I'm too tired (and angry) to be nervous, .... yeahheee....

sad.gif

• aww, it will all work out in the end mayo!
  • thanks Andy, I mailed him this morning, explaining everything and he'll send me the interview later today and I just got some infos on the book I'm reading from sparknotes.com so I know what's it all about and I guess.... yes I guess it'll be ok. smile.gif thanks to the things I already managed today.

Andy, where are all of your blue status dot things? Am I late in seeing that they're missing? ohmy.gif
  • im now old school

i have no need for the blue blobs!
  • Aww Susi, I hate that feeling when there's a million and one things to do and you don't have the time!

*hugs* Take a deep breath, I'm sure you can get it all under control. Good luck!!