In this Discussion

Interview Questions For Electra

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 18 2007, 04:11 PM)
    I wasn't going to stick anything weird in, but I have accepted your dare and tried salted chips/crisps. Oddly more-ish tongue.gif

What does more-ish mean?

Will you put chips/crisps in again?

Do you feel overwhelmed by all of the questions?
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 18 2007, 09:42 PM)
    What does more-ish mean?

Will you put chips/crisps in again?

Do you feel overwhelmed by all of the questions?

More-ish means that once you've had one, you want another, and another... hehehe!

So yes, I will definitely try it again. And I might have to try fries as well. I've already done breadsticks - that's pretty good.

A little overwhelmed! But it's quite fun, actually smile.gif
  • Yay!! You liked it!!!

Would you call youself a chocolate lover?
  • how does it feel to be the 4th brit to have this forum?

who are you looking forward to seeing most tomos?

and who was the best?

worst?
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 18 2007, 09:52 PM)
    Yay!! You liked it!!!

Would you call youself a chocolate lover?

Definitely! Not a good title for a diabetic, but true nonetheless. wink.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 19 2007, 12:52 AM)
    how does it feel to be the 4th brit to have this forum?

who are you looking forward to seeing most tomos?

and who was the best?

worst?

I feel rather honored. smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the Killers tomorrow, obviously. But (and I don't care if you laugh, they make me happy) I cannot wait to see McFly. Hahahah!

Dunno who's best and worst yet - I'll have to tell you tomorrow night!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 18 2007, 08:04 PM)
    Definitely! Not a good title for a diabetic, but true nonetheless. wink.gif

Ooh, very true.

If being a diabetic led you to want to be a doctor, what do you think you would want to be if you weren't diabetic?

Knowing that your life would be totally different, if you could go back in time and be born without diabetes, would you do it?

And now for a question that has nothing to do with diabetes...

Did you ever have a barbie?
  • I feel so strongly about wanting to be a doctor, that I think I might have been inspired to do medicine even if I didn't get diabetes. But, if not, politician. Before I decided upon medicine, my aspiration was to become the Prime Minister.

Yes, I'd get rid of the diabetes if I possibly could. But I wasn't actually born with it - I got it when I was 12, but it's likely that I was predisposed to getting it from birth, if that makes sense. But if i could go back and get rid of that possibility altogether, I would. Diabetes is a bitch, I'm afraid smile.gif

YES! I had loads of Barbies, including a Baywatch Barbie which, I was dismayed to find, had the same sized boobs as every other Barbie! What's the bloody point?? And why are there no redheaded Barbies? See, most people had a problem with the possibility of Barbies encouraging anorexia by showing skinniness to be attractive - I got annoyed by undersized breasts and underrepresentation of redheads. laugh.gif
  • Hahaha! biggrin.gif
    I had a red headed barbie!...but it was supposed to be Arielle, and you wouldn't have liked her. Her breasts were smaller than normal.

I don't know much about diabetes, but I wish you luck with yours.
    My friend's mom has it, and she get's seizures sometimes sad.gif
    Actually, I know quite a few people who have it.

Did you ever have a "balnkie"?
    If so, do you still have it?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 18 2007, 08:25 PM)
    YES! I had loads of Barbies, including a Baywatch Barbie which, I was dismayed to find, had the same sized boobs as every other Barbie! What's the bloody point?? And why are there no redheaded Barbies? See, most people had a problem with the possibility of Barbies encouraging anorexia by showing skinniness to be attractive - I got annoyed by undersized breasts and underrepresentation of redheads. laugh.gif

What the crap is wrong with the English that they didn't make you redheaded Barbies???

Would you *like* a redheaded Barbie? (I mean, this care package is already on its way, but for the next one?)

Have you read any Neil Gaiman books?
    *I Am The Walrus - The Beatles
    *Get Over It - OK Go
    *Suffragette City - David Bowie
    *Living Room & Top Banana - Spiky Toys
    *Get lost - Patrick Wolf
    Excellent choices! I once heard a parody of "I Am The Walrus" as "I Am Thesaurus" and it was quite possibly, the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

Hmmmm... I think that the thing I'm most proud of, when it comes to accomplishments, is my voluntary work at the hospital. I work in childrens' diabetic clinics, and the doctor has given me my own consulting room where I go to talk to the patients without doctors being there, so that I can help with more of the practical side of living with diabetes. I also teach newly diagnosed diabetics how to look after themselves - I even taught a 9 year old girl how to inject herself with her insulin. I recently got an email from her mom telling me that she's now doing all her injections, without help, thanks to me

Quite possibly another reason (in a list of many) of why you're so freakin' awesome!

Okay, more questions -

You have 24 hours left to live - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!!

What is a typical day in the life of Electra like?

Who would win in a battle against Smurfs and Care Bears?

Now be honest, how many times a day, on average, do you think about Damian. Not OK Go, just Damian?
  • hi Electra! I've got random questions smile.gif :

What's your favourite fashion brand?? And how would you describe your 'style'??

What's the last gig you went to??

What's your mobile ringtone??
  • if you could have your own festivle, including 12 bands....what order would you have them?

who would be invited?

where would you have it?
  • ¡Hola Electra! smile.gif smile.gif

Oh, I remember having a redheaded Barbie! (I think it was one of the few ones which didn't get the scissors LOL)...I think it had a different name, not exactly Barbie, just like the latinamerican barbie is named Teresa. btw, did you ever did nasty things to any of your Barbies?

Have you ever tried to give (or succesfully given) an insulin shot to anyone who didn't need it?

What place in the world (which you haven't actually gone to) would you like to visit?

Rosa smile.gif
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 19 2007, 01:31 AM)
    I don't know much about diabetes, but I wish you luck with yours.
    My friend's mom has it, and she get's seizures sometimes sad.gif
    Actually, I know quite a few people who have it.
    Did you ever have a "balnkie"?
    If so, do you still have it?

I could never find the Arielle/Little Mermaid Barbie. sad.gif
    And thank you.
    I didn't ever have a blankie, actually - I had a doll called Zallyandro that was a bit of a ragdoll and I hugged her a lot, but that's it. I don't know what happened to her...

QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 19 2007, 03:48 AM)
    What the crap is wrong with the English that they didn't make you redheaded Barbies???

Would you *like* a redheaded Barbie? (I mean, this care package is already on its way, but for the next one?)

Have you read any Neil Gaiman books?

I know!! See, I told you - England is a backward country!

Awwww, it's a lovely offer, and I have tears in my eyes at the thought of your niceness, but I think that 17 years old is pushing it in the Barbie department tongue.gif So no, but thank you anyway!

Neil Gaiman.. I recognise the name, but don't think I've read anything of his, no.

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Aug 19 2007, 02:17 PM)
    Okay, more questions -

You have 24 hours left to live - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!!

What is a typical day in the life of Electra like?

Who would win in a battle against Smurfs and Care Bears?

Now be honest, how many times a day, on average, do you think about Damian. Not OK Go, just Damian?

Hahah I want to hear I Am Thesaurus!

Oooo ouch. Well I guess I won't go to bed or sleep in, as I usually do... First thing I'd do is use my new life expectancy to swing an OK Go show, in San Francisco, and get my family and all boardies and friends (whether they like OK Go or not wink.gif) to come - I'd use my savings on plane tickets, I don't need the money! I'd go on Splash Mountain in the LA Disneyland one last time, I'd probably scream and punch pillows in frustration for a little while, and I'd punch this girl who bullied me in elementary school in the face. Might try LSD, too, just because I've always wondered what it's like. Hahahah!!! Nice question wink.gif

When there's school - work my ass off for a day, do my voluntary french classes/math classes/diabetic clinic after school, come home and have dinner, kick my sister off the computer to say hi to you guys and then go to a friends house for the evening. When it's a weekend - sleep until about 12pm, stay in bed reading and listening to music for another hour or so (I'm so lazy tongue.gif), go on the computer for a little while and then spend the day with a friend or shopping or something. And then get drunk in the evening - woot! tongue.gif

Smurfs. If they can take down fully grown men, they can take down the care bears.

It depends greatly - but I'd say that what with the boards, the Damian is Hot thread and the many posters on my wall - about 5 times?

QUOTE (Nahko @ Aug 19 2007, 06:08 PM)
    hi Electra! I've got random questions smile.gif :

What's your favourite fashion brand?? And how would you describe your 'style'??

What's the last gig you went to??

What's your mobile ringtone??

I don't usually go for fashion brands, to be honest... I get a lot of my clothes from the La Redoute catalogue - this french company - because none of my friends know it exists so I can be sure I'll never wear the same thing as them. My style varies and I'm not sure how to describe it.. casual, jeans and an indie top? I'm sorry, I'm useless at fashion tongue.gif

V FEST!!! Last night - it was amazing. The Killers were fantastic.

I usually have my phone on silent/vibrate, but otherwise it's You're So Damn Hot.

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 19 2007, 08:07 PM)
    if you could have your own festivle, including 12 bands....what order would you have them?
    who would be invited?

where would you have it?

OMG. Do they have to be alive...? I'm going to assume no.
    - OK Go
    - The Beatles
    - The Killers (they were so amazing last night)
    - Queen
    - The Monkees (I've always wanted to see them live)
    - Kula Shaker
    - Louis XIV
    - Patrick Wolf
    - Probably Vampires
    - Quit Your Dayjob
    - McFly
    - SPICE GIRLS!

Friends, all Boardies, my immediate family (as in, not my cousins or 100 year old great aunt wink.gif)...

I'd have it in the pan handle in San Francisco. Purely because I wana go back.

QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Aug 20 2007, 12:20 AM)
    ¡Hola Electra! smile.gif smile.gif

Oh, I remember having a redheaded Barbie! (I think it was one of the few ones which didn't get the scissors LOL)...I think it had a different name, not exactly Barbie, just like the latinamerican barbie is named Teresa. btw, did you ever did nasty things to any of your Barbies?

Have you ever tried to give (or succesfully given) an insulin shot to anyone who didn't need it?

What place in the world (which you haven't actually gone to) would you like to visit?

Rosa smile.gif

Hey Rosa!

I once bit off the feet of my Snow White Barbie - I can never remember why. But I never cut their hair. I had a sister whose hair I could cut.

Hahaha no! But I did teach all my friends to give me the shots at school. We'd have a sort of raffle - everyone would guess my blood sugar, I'd do the test, and whoever got closest got to inject me!

Erm... I'd love to go to the Acropolis in Athens. I'm really interested in philosophy so it'd be amazing.
  • asdfghjkls!

Will you ever forgive me for finding this thread so late?

Will you provide free medical care and assistance aboard the mighty ark?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 20 2007, 12:59 PM)
    I usually have my phone on silent/vibrate, but otherwise it's You're So Damn Hot.
    OMG. Do they have to be alive...? I'm going to assume no.
    - OK Go
    - The Beatles
    - The Killers (they were so amazing last night)
    - Queen
    - The Monkees (I've always wanted to see them live)
    - Kula Shaker
    - Louis XIV
    - Patrick Wolf
    - Probably Vampires
    - Quit Your Dayjob
    - McFly
    - SPICE GIRLS!

Friends, all Boardies, my immediate family (as in, not my cousins or 100 year old great aunt wink.gif)...

I'd have it in the pan handle in San Francisco. Purely because I wana go back.

ooo sounds an awesome festivile!

why do sainsburys suck so hard?

will you be online in the am's again?

whats the best b'day youve had?

ever wish you could have had a brother? (as opposed to 3,000 sisters)
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 20 2007, 05:59 PM)
    asdfghjkls!

Will you ever forgive me for finding this thread so late?

Will you provide free medical care and assistance aboard the mighty ark?

Kayleigh, my dearest, I would forgive you almost anything. The only exceptions would be injuring Damian/Rufus etc.

And yes, of course I will! I already have a stethoscope and eye-torch thingy, and scrubs, to get started. And I can steal the rest from the hospital. I shall be all doctorly for you, Kay!

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 20 2007, 06:16 PM)
    why do sainsburys suck so hard?

will you be online in the am's again?

whats the best b'day youve had?

ever wish you could have had a brother? (as opposed to 3,000 sisters)

Because they're a huge chain of stores, which is therefore going to lose the caring attitude. And because you work there, the magic is lost. I don't hate sainsbury's as much as you because I'm not an employee, you see?

Perhaps.. but I do like my sleep.

Oooo, I'm not sure... When I was 3 I had a Thomas The Tank Engine cake which was AMAZING, so I'm tempted to say that.

No. And I have 2 sisters - I'm quite happy with that, thanks tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 20 2007, 07:32 PM)
    Because they're a huge chain of stores, which is therefore going to lose the caring attitude. And because you work there, the magic is lost. I don't hate sainsbury's as much as you because I'm not an employee, you see?

Oooo, I'm not sure... When I was 3 I had a Thomas The Tank Engine cake which was AMAZING, so I'm tempted to say that.

the easyer awnser is cause "they are the devil"

aww wow, you were beatles brainwashed from an early age then?

how long do you think you will be vet working for?
  • Congrats Electra! biggrin.gif

First job?
    How long was your longest grudge? What was it against?
    Favorite color of clothing?
    Who is your least favorite celebrity? Why?
    Do you like to play cards?
    Do you use a night light?
    When was the last time you used the world "chillax?"
    Have you considered knitting?
  • Do you talk in your sleep?

If so, have you ever woken yourself up by talking in your sleep?

Do you sleep on your back, side, stomach, etc?