In this Discussion

Who is the best dancer?

Comments

• Didn't they shoot that rumour down a while ago?
  • I don't know, I guess I don't pay too much attention. I'm sure they won't make a new dance this soon: they used Cinnamon Lips for like 5 years, A Million Ways is only about a year old.
  • Tim!

Esp. @ The VMAs... he was soooo into it.
  • I think Damian is the best, but Tim is good too. So are Andy and Dan.
  • I have a whole new respect for Dan's mad skillz after the shoe incident.
  • what shoe incident?
    damnit im always out of the 'loop'
  • His shoe started to fall off during the VMA performance.
  • yeah i saw that.
  • man i didnt.
    someone should take some stills for me
  • tim is the sh*t. for real. but Damian can throw a mean right hook - chop thing.
  • QUOTE (the_bree @ Sep 18 2006, 04:18 PM)
    Tim!

Esp. @ The VMAs... he was soooo into it.

Nevertheless, I think that Tim's just really awesome. He's always the one doing all the dances and stuff.

QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Sep 19 2006, 09:53 PM)
    man i didnt.
    someone should take some stills for me

If you need me to, just ask. And then we'll put them in the gallery for OGCentral, and then you'll be able to see them.

tongue.gif
  • For me: Tim is the best dancer overall. Damian, however, can do that ice-skating move on the treadmill like nobody's business. He's a very close second. Dan and Andy are awesome, too. For some reason I suffer some crazy fixation when watching the "west side story"-esque snapping part in A Million Ways - all I can focus on is Andy's slight inability to move his arms up and then down. He only just snaps downward. I don't know. I'm most likely hallucinating. Yeah, that sounds bout right. A spider was just crawling on me. My brain went haywire. I can't form coherent thoughts. Only able to concentrate on keeping self free from spideys. Paranoia. I think this is how cocaine addicts feel...

Screw everything I just said. I heart OK Go and think everyone's a winner!!! laugh.gif
  • One time I turned around to grab something behind me right as this spider was about to jump from the back of my chair onto my shoulder. Scared the sh*t outta me! lol
    Tim is deffinately the best. He's go great style in the way he dances. Gets all the right facial expressions, and gives the right energy. Damian is second. He's generally really good. But all I can focus on in MW is the bad. Like, when during the second "oh such grace" when they lunge from side to side, how he breaks the line of his body by bending his torso down. The angle drives me crazy (all this detail stuff has been beaten into me by my dance teachers. I'm sorry, Damian!). And there are a few other things in that video where I'm sitting here pulling my hair going "No! Damian! No!!!!" but then I have to remind myself that this was just a practice, and that I'm sure they all would have done a better job if they had known it was going to be spread all over the place. Like, I'm sure Dan wouldn't start counting the beats out loud (you can see his lips moving during the jazz squares at the end, before they go and do the kinda running mannish thing, then star, and then pose. You can see him go "1, 2, 3, 4..." and so on. lol. I love it biggrin.gif I also noticed in that video how Dan starts laughing at Damian and Rusty when they are doing that kinda ballroomish turning part. You see him watching them, then he smiles really big and keeps that for the next couple counts of 8. It's really cute. I was wondering- how long was Rusty a part of OK Go before they did that dance? I mean, can you imagine just joining a band and then before you've evern gotten close to being aclimated, they say "oh yeah. You gotta learn this dance, by the way." lol. How odd would that be? Course, I wouldn't mind
    Andy is actually pretty good at dancing. Especially in HIGA. He's go great form there. I hate to say it, but Dan needs to work on his techinique a tad. He's got the steps down, he's just missing his personal style to it. It's kinda stiff looking, to me. Gotta shake out; get nice and limber now. Course, I'm the same way when I dance. I could never do any kind of hip hop fast paced and flexible things.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 20 2006, 11:39 PM)
    One time I turned around to grab something behind me right as this spider was about to jump from the back of my chair onto my shoulder. Scared the sh*t outta me! lol

AAAHHH!! [sobs] Oh my God. I would've had a heart attack. Spiders are so scary ;____;

Seriously, my mom thought I was having a seizure... I was just sitting there on the couch, eating my loverly piece of cake, and I look down at my plate and there's this grey-ish spider rapid-fire-action speeding toward my face. I literally threw the plate (it was paper, thank God) whilst simultaneously jumping to my feet. Then I proceeded to (in one fluid motion) slip and fall on my butt (because wooden floors are effing slippery) get back up, and run into the kitchen where I just kept shaking my hair and spazing out for a good 3 minutes. Luckily, my mommers was kind enough to kill the evil spidey. She's my hero :3 Yeah, freaking traumatizing.

I love your critique laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 20 2006, 10:02 PM)
    Spiders are so scary

I love your critique laugh.gif

So incredibly true. *shudder* I've put tape all along the picture rail in my bedroom so that they can't crawl out of them and into my bed and feast on me whilst I sleep. EEK!

Why, thank you biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 20 2006, 09:39 PM)
    I was wondering- how long was Rusty a part of OK Go before they did that dance? I mean, can you imagine just joining a band and then before you've evern gotten close to being aclimated, they say "oh yeah. You gotta learn this dance, by the way." lol. How odd would that be?

Well, Andy joined early 2005, I think. I saw him do the Cinnamon Lips dance in March 2005, so he had to learn that dance pretty quickly after he joined.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 21 2006, 12:02 AM)
    I literally threw the plate (it was paper, thank God) whilst simultaneously jumping to my feet. Then I proceeded to (in one fluid motion) slip and fall on my butt (because wooden floors are effing slippery) get back up, and run into the kitchen where I just kept shaking my hair and spazing out for a good 3 minutes.
    Sorry, that's just really funny. laugh.gif

Spiders don't bother me. Had it been a centipede, however, I would have done the same and maybe worse.
  • agreed on the damian awesome tredmill skating, and agreed that tim can rock the dance floor (or what ever it happens to be he dances on.

and it would be great if u could take some stills of tims shoe
    i would love that.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 21 2006, 12:14 AM)
    So incredibly true. *shudder* I've put tape all along the picture rail in my bedroom so that they can't crawl out of them and into my bed and feast on me whilst I sleep. EEK!

Why, thank you biggrin.gif

AHH! Oooh, that's smarts -_^ The next time I'm freaking attacked by a spider I'm just going to come running here shouting, "HOLD ME, USHIES!!" XD Hahaha.

You're quite welcome biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 21 2006, 07:32 AM)
    Sorry, that's just really funny. laugh.gif

Spiders don't bother me. Had it been a centipede, however, I would have done the same and maybe worse.

Hah! Yeeeaaah. I was both hyperventilating and cracking up laugh.gif ... CENTIPEDE!?!?! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!?! [cries] Ooohh nooo. [is dreadfully overdramatic] Why, Sheri, why??!! (But for serious, those things are crazy horrifying.)

Hehehe.
    QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Nov 21 2006, 06:34 PM)
    agreed on the damian awesome tredmill skating, and agreed that tim can rock the dance floor (or what ever it happens to be he dances on.

and it would be great if u could take some stills of tims shoe
    i would love that.

Hells yeah!! Oh. I heart Tim's shoes, also. I think that was the only comment I could muster up on the spur of the moment. It was like, "[shuffle into place...camera snaps...separate] Oh yeah, your shoes are killer!" Haha. He has impeccable taste, especially in footwear.