In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• I've now decided that there are only bits of the video that I don't like.
    All I'd have done differently is have no long shots - like the hula hoop guy at the beginning - just have it all quick and snappy; and have their faces shown.

Also, I agree with DJRose - the negative comments on youtube are really annoying me. If you don't like the video, say so, by alll means, but why do these morons feel the need to repeat it over and over and over again???
  • Someone's probably already noticed, but:

Awww!! Baby!!
  • Claret-Would you (or anyone else) mind telling me how to take a screen shot (I think thats what its called) in the middle of a video?

And for the little kid, I actually didn't notice that till someone mentioned it. I think its cute.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 19 2007, 03:15 AM)
    Claret-Would you (or anyone else) mind telling me how to take a screen shot (I think thats what its called) in the middle of a video?

One way is to hit Ctrl - Prt Scr on your keyboard, which will copy the entire desktop screen to the clipboard. Then just open an image viewing/editing program with a new document, hit Ctrl - V, and then just crop it down to whatever you wanted to capture.
  • I really like this image:

• QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 18 2007, 01:23 PM)
    Also, I agree with DJRose - the negative comments on youtube are really annoying me. If you don't like the video, say so, by alll means, but why do these morons feel the need to repeat it over and over and over again???

*agrees* If you can't say anything nice, say it once.
  • OK here I go to You Tube to defend our boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 18 2007, 08:37 PM)
    *agrees* If you can't say anything nice, say it once.
  • I think that the new vid is absolutely amazing!! And Idon't care what anyone on youtube thinks!

our boys have really done it again, methinks!
  • IS it just me or does it take forever for comments to go through? And it cant be more then 500 charactures makes it really hard to tell the dude off in one box. Well I posted anyways but I don't see it there.
    QUOTE (gokarter641 @ Feb 18 2007, 08:55 PM)
    I think that the new vid is absolutely amazing!! And Idon't care what anyone on youtube thinks!

our boys have really done it again, methinks!
  • Yes, it takes a good while for comments to show up on YouTube, and sometimes they don't show up exactly where you put them. And often it won't show the most recent 12 hours worth of comments at all. Also, if you post your comment as a reply to someone else's post, it will show up twice. The comment system at YouTube could definitely use some improvement.
  • LOL well mine may be repeated because I have no idea where it went. I posted it on that jerks personal comments page too. This is what I wrote in case it never shows up...

drocpdp your statement is not a fact it is a mere opinion. Thanks goodness that's all it is because your opinion is meaningless to me and to others who actually like the video. You can call it a rip off all you want but in reality all the videos that have footage of their concerts, bimbos dancing in the back ground and countless videos that are actually similar are all rip offs of each other. This video has creativity involved in it. OKGo went outside of the box to make another video that is different and from their own heart not because the people holding their pay check told them to make the video our way and to bad with what you think. It takes guts for them to go out on a limb and make the videos that they do have. Thank God that they do not care what corporate America likes and they do what they want. So take advice from the title of their other songs"Get Over It!
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Feb 18 2007, 10:46 PM)
    One way is to hit Ctrl - Prt Scr on your keyboard, which will copy the entire desktop screen to the clipboard. Then just open an image viewing/editing program with a new document, hit Ctrl - V, and then just crop it down to whatever you wanted to capture.

Ahh thanks I've been wondering how to do that for so long!

And I'm glad people are defending OK Go. I just might get over there and do some defending myself.
  • You have to click on "view all comments" and scroll to the bottom to see your latest posts.
  • Finally my post is there lol!!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 15 2007, 01:05 AM)
    I keep forgetting to say: This video reminds me of those Magic Eye posters that were popular for about 20 minutes in the late 1980s, where if you could get your eyes to focus on a point about three feet behind the picture plane, a three-dimensional image would emerge from what at first appeared to be an incoherent riot of colored dots.

I thought this when I saw the first promotional still shot that (I think) ihave7stars posted about midway through this thread. http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...ost&p=97041

Anyone with me on this?

EDIT: Oh, and the song is still GREAT. Let's not forget that.

I'm surprised no one else (besides nostabenitsirhc) has commented on this, so at the risk of sounding like a pompous a**, I'm posting again, this time with an image and a link so you can see what I'm talking about. (Oh, and it was the early 1990s, not the late 1980s.) http://www.magiceye.com/gallery/020107s.html (They give instructions on how to see the 3D image.)

• I remember those things, sureeyesawake. I could never see the hidden image! dry.gif You had to focus past the picture to see it, I think. They do look a lot like that.
  • LOL look really close for 20 seconds or more and you will see OKGo.
  • I hated those! I never saw a damn thing....
  • I loved those things so much! I can't do it with it on the computer, but I usually can when its on paper. I've never understood how they worked...hmm.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 20 2007, 05:10 PM)
    I loved those things so much! I can't do it with it on the computer, but I usually can when its on paper. I've never understood how they worked...hmm.

It's the devil's work if you ask me. That's why I never saw anything...I'm an angel tongue.gif