In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself on here, so here goes...

My name is Kerrie (most people call me Kez) and I live in Surrey in the UK. I'm 18, female, final year in college (I go to uni in September 2008 after a gap year). Love OK Go (obviously), Barenaked Ladies, MC Lars, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and a truck load of other bands. I'm mad and prone to hyperness. I've seen OK Go live twice, once when they opened for Motion City Soundtrack (London Astoria, September 28th 2006) and once when they headlined (London Koko, Sunday 4th 2007), when I met a boardie and never realised til the day after. And I met Dan before the Koko show. I've got my parents and my little brother into OK Go, and next time they tour I'm taking my brother with me biggrin.gif
    That's about it really!
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ May 6 2007, 12:57 PM)
    I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself on here, so here goes...

My name is Kerrie (most people call me Kez) and I live in Surrey in the UK. I'm 18, female, final year in college (I go to uni in September 2008 after a gap year). Love OK Go (obviously), Barenaked Ladies, MC Lars, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and a truck load of other bands. I'm mad and prone to hyperness. I've seen OK Go live twice, once when they opened for Motion City Soundtrack (London Astoria, September 28th 2006) and once when they headlined (London Koko, Sunday 4th 2007), when I met a boardie and never realised til the day after. And I met Dan before the Koko show. I've got my parents and my little brother into OK Go, and next time they tour I'm taking my brother with me biggrin.gif
    That's about it really!

J-e-a-l-o-u-s
    Got myself into this mess
    I'm jealous, hey-hey I'm jealous

I would have loved to see OK Go with Motion City Soundtrack, do you have any pics? Welcome to the boards, Kerrie!
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ May 6 2007, 01:57 PM)
    I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself on here, so here goes...

That's about it really!

Ooo hey Kerrie! Those are the two shows I was at too! Didn't you stay behind after the Koko show to meet the others? Ah, so many boardies were there and I never met any of them... Except for Rachel (DJRose) sort of, but we didn't really talk or anything. *sigh*

And Sprocket, my dear, I left after OK Go had finished because I'm not a fan of MCS and I had just touched Damian's leg when he stood on the barrier so everything was feeling a little unstable and swirly, you know....? Sorry I can't give you any info!!
  • Well, you did just touch Damian's leg. 'nuff said.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 6 2007, 02:43 PM)
    Ooo hey Kerrie! Those are the two shows I was at too! Didn't you stay behind after the Koko show to meet the others? Ah, so many boardies were there and I never met any of them... Except for Rachel (DJRose) sort of, but we didn't really talk or anything. *sigh*

And Sprocket, my dear, I left after OK Go had finished because I'm not a fan of MCS and I had just touched Damian's leg when he stood on the barrier so everything was feeling a little unstable and swirly, you know....? Sorry I can't give you any info!!

No, I didn't wait around afterward, because my last train home was at 12.15, and if I had waited around too long I would have missed it. It sucks living so far awya from decent gigs! dry.gif And no, I don't have any pictures. I don't take my camera to gigs cos it's too big to hide down my bra rolleyes.gif

But you said you touched Damians leg at the MCS gig. Me too! I was standing right infront of him when he stood on the barrier. My mate + I were holding him up, it was hilarious! And it happened again at the Koko show where he stood on the barrier. My same mate + I had to hold him up. And it happened at Fall Out Boy the other week when we had to hold up Pete. I swear we attract people laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ May 7 2007, 10:58 AM)
    And it happened again at the Koko show where he stood on the barrier. My same mate + I had to hold him up. And it happened at Fall Out Boy the other week when we had to hold up Pete. I swear we attract people laugh.gif

I was there as well! He was holding my hand to hold himself up, for a while smile.gif
    Yeah, I wasn't thinking about train ties when I stayed behind. My plan was just to get a taxi if the worst came to the worst. I got a lift with my friend in the end at about 1.30am lol
  • See, a taxi home for me would be £45ish (that's how much it it from Brixton I think, not too sure about Camden). I don't think my mates would have been too appreciative of that. And I had to get up at 6am for college the next day. Ugh dry.gif
  • Hello my name is Thomas, I'm 18, from Socal, and just love music in general.
  • Welcome to the boards Thomas. I'm from SoCal too!! There are a bunch of us here from SoCal.
  • Thank you very much.
  • melissa is sleepy.
    melissa is funny.
    melissa is unique
    melissa is lucky.
    melissa is wonderful.
    melissa loves life.

nice to meet you, everyone.
  • wow holding Pete and Damian... I wish I was that lucky lol
  • I'm still Emmett. The greatest 15 year old Australian boy you'll ever meet.
    Unless you meet a better one.
  • Of course you are me lovelie happy.gif
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ May 15 2007, 01:09 AM)
    I'm still Emmett. The greatest 15 year old Australian boy you'll ever meet.
    Unless you meet a better one.

*gasps*

NEVER!

:]
  • Hey, I'm Chelsea.
    I was in middle school when most of you were born.
    By day, I am a dogwalker. By night, I am a film fanatic. Love seeing 'em, talking about 'em, writing 'em, and making 'em. Check out my website at www.ogygia-avenue.com if you don't believe me.
    I'm generally into old-timey music -- my other favorite artists are Pink Martini, Erin McKeown, the Pipettes, the Puppini Sisters, Tom Waits, Tom Lehrer, local bands like Count Zero and Hallelujah the Hills...um...
    I love OK Go's music, and I'm really inspired by their creativity and intelligence. Oh No is the soundtrack to my mornings -- jumping on my bed and sinigng along with "Do What You Want" helps me wake up.
  • if you like the old-timey sound i recommend you listen to black rebel motorcycle clubs absolutely genius album Howl
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jun 14 2007, 03:04 AM)
    if you like the old-timey sound i recommend you listen to black rebel motorcycle clubs absolutely genius album Howl

YEAH YEAH! Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is the man/bomb/thang
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 13 2007, 10:52 PM)
    YEAH YEAH! Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is the man/bomb/thang

you win at life.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jun 13 2007, 11:04 PM)
    if you like the old-timey sound i recommend you listen to black rebel motorcycle clubs absolutely genius album Howl

One of my clients burned me a copy of that! It's a sweet record.