In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 1 2007, 11:05 PM)
    ummm ykyow... you can type "ykyow" without even stopping to think =)
    laugh.gif I'm still grateful to you for starting this thread!
  • awh, I always forget that I started it.
    It just needed to be done, hehe.
    I kept thinking of things to put into an Ok Go ykyow thread, but finding nowhere to put it.

so you're welcome =)

ykyow... your mom thinks all you listen to is Ok Go and all of your other favorite bands must sound like Ok Go, or else why would you ever listen to them?
  • ^^ LOL, so true.

I was listening to something the other day... like Belle and Sebastian or something, and my dad was like, "this sounds nothing like OK Go... you like this too?" laugh.gif
  • When you're buttering toast and you suddenly realize you're doing it to the riff of Get Over It.
    I butter toast to OK Go songs cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 4 2007, 01:05 PM)
    When you're buttering toast and you suddenly realize you're doing it to the riff of Get Over It.
    I butter toast to OK Go songs cool.gif

Now *that's* what I call fandom.
  • Last night Adam and I went to Target and got new placemats, napkins, and napkin rings because we're having company come for dinner on Saturday and our old set looks kind of worn.

You know that you're obsessed when OK Go stops touring the US and the most exciting thing in your life is your new set of napkin rings.

But in my defense, these are VERY pretty napkin rings. They've got pearls and rhinestones so they're all sparkly/shiny.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 5 2007, 04:11 PM)
    You know that you're obsessed when OK Go stops touring the US and the most exciting thing in your life is your new set of napkin rings.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    I love you.

Also, you know you're obsessed when, at a College open day, the mention of music societies prompts your mom to turn to you and whisper excitedly "Start an OK Go society!!! You can teach them the dances!!"
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 5 2007, 10:11 AM)
    Last night Adam and I went to Target and got new placemats, napkins, and napkin rings because we're having company come for dinner on Saturday and our old set looks kind of worn.

But in my defense, these are VERY pretty napkin rings. They've got pearls and rhinestones so they're all sparkly/shiny.

You know you're obssessed when, as you're reading this, your mind somehow thinks that the Target sign has something to do with DWYW. huh.gif
  • I've been having some annoying dental problems for the last week or so. Part of the crown of a molar in the far back of my mouth popped off yesterday while I was having dinner.

YKYOW...

After this happens, your boyfriend puts on "Superior Hygiene" to get you to stop freaking out.
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jul 7 2007, 01:27 PM)
    After this happens, your boyfriend puts on "Superior Hygiene" to get you to stop freaking out.

Aww that's cute. happy.gif

YKYOW you wouldn't let your mom use your special paisley napkins from Target even though you're never going to use them. They just make me happy. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif I gave Andy a present wrapped in one! happy.gif Admittedly, I didn't actually give it to him, as he wasn't there....but still.
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jul 7 2007, 01:27 PM)
    I've been having some annoying dental problems for the last week or so. Part of the crown of a molar in the far back of my mouth popped off yesterday while I was having dinner.

YKYOW...

Aww, poor stany. Are you in any pain? Hope everything's alright now.
  • You know you're obsessed when...

...you find, amidst Sexyback and Fergalicious, that your older sister has HIGA on her iPod, and you suddenly find respect for her, thihking, "There's hope for her yet!"
  • YKYOW...

your mom who is in the city for work, is willing to stand outside the venue OK Go is playing at for a couple of hours in order to get the 1st spot on line for me, while you wait to get out of school and travel to the city to meet her! she's too cool!
  • YKYOW:

You get the exact same chills watching "Don't Ask Me" as you did when you first saw the video.
  • YKYOW...

You think your friend says "OK Go" and you turn around and ask "OK GO?!?!" only to find out that they had said something totally different...*ahem*
  • YKYOW you can't stop staring at Electra's sig.

C'mon. wub.gif
  • YKYOW...

Some dude who calls for your dad sounds alot like Tim, and you name him "Tom Nordwood" in your head while you are taking the message...
  • YKYOW...

The only Tim your family talks about is Tim Duncan (we're Spurs fans) and you're over there talking about Tim Nordwind.
  • YKYOW

courtney mentions a man named "tim duncan" and you can only think of some sort of glorious love child....
  • LOL

I didn't realize that. But now it makes sense.

YKYOW...

...you know omeone named Felicia and all you can think of is Felster and her awesome lovechildy-ness.