In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• I have to go back to school tomorrow sad.gif

ugh!!
  • everybody who sings on America's Got Talent sucks. They're all flat all the time, God! You suck! You suck so hard! And the judges, especially Sharon Osbourne, are like, "great job! I love you!" But they SUCK! How is it that none of the judges notice how flat these ppl are? I WISH Simon Cowell was a judge, so he could state the obvious fact that these ppl are incredibly bad. I think they've never had a singing lesson in their lives. And Simon would tell you if you were sharp or flat, even slightly for the smallest moment- but these ppl sing entire verses off-key and nobody seems to notice.
  • ok how come band torture u and tell u 6 months before the album comes out that their done recording it. they could save u the pain and suffering and just tell u a week in advance so u don't have to wait so long.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 17 2007, 10:13 PM)
    everybody who sings on America's Got Talent sucks. They're all flat all the time, God! You suck! You suck so hard! And the judges, especially Sharon Osbourne, are like, "great job! I love you!" But they SUCK! How is it that none of the judges notice how flat these ppl are? I WISH Simon Cowell was a judge, so he could state the obvious fact that these ppl are incredibly bad. I think they've never had a singing lesson in their lives. And Simon would tell you if you were sharp or flat, even slightly for the smallest moment- but these ppl sing entire verses off-key and nobody seems to notice.

I know! I was watching that today and was just like, are you kidding me? If these people were on American Idol they would be in like the top 30 or whatever it is. The show is just ridiculous now. I'll be watching is like "that really sucked", and the judges will just be like "oh wonderful blah blah blah". Serioulsy?!
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Jul 17 2007, 11:48 PM)
    I know! I was watching that today and was just like, are you kidding me? If these people were on American Idol they would be in like the top 30 or whatever it is. The show is just ridiculous now. I'll be watching is like "that really sucked", and the judges will just be like "oh wonderful blah blah blah". Serioulsy?!

exactly!! thank you for saying that!
    And I found out there is actually a Britain's Got Talent. Simon is one of the judges. And the British contestants are AMAZING. They far surpass any of our Americans. And at the end, Simon said, "Thank you- this is the best show I've ever been on." (it was on youtube)
  • ^^ Yeah, we have Britain's Got Talent, and the top act performs at the Royal Variety Show, which is basically a show for the royal family that gets televised... Fun stuff dry.gif

I'd complain about this kind of talent contest and reality shows in general, which I despise, but they aren't worth the energy... *sigh*
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 18 2007, 12:58 PM)
    ^^ Yeah, we have Britain's Got Talent, and the top act performs at the Royal Variety Show, which is basically a show for the royal family that gets televised... Fun stuff dry.gif

I heard them say something about that on the youtube clip, but I don't quite understand- they don't get any money?
    I'm too materialistic for that, lol.

Oh, Alice, btw- there's this Daily Show clip I think you'd love. I just saw it and I can't stop laughing. It's John Oliver, the British correspondent, doing a story on this senator who wants to make English the official language. John Oliver wub.gif is awesome.
    So the senator was saying how with English, we wouldn't have problems understanding each other. So then John Oliver starts speaking really intense British slang that the old senator obviously can't understand. And the senator nods like he understands. It's soooo funny. eee, I love John Oliver.
  • I'm new and this forum is hard to understand for me! I have no idea what I'm doing and no one to ask for instructions! Where is that Jorg,e guy? I can't find him and I even wrote him an email and that &$·$&%/ just ignored me! dry.gif

and why the hell every time I write his name it says I adore him?????!!!!!!! I so DO NOT!!!!! Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore you bastard! LOL

Rosa biggrin.gif
  • I'll help you. What do you need to know?
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 18 2007, 06:28 PM)
    I'll help you. What do you need to know?

Hey, that was quick biggrin.gif (who says whining doesn't work lol)

Thanks Courtney, first, I want to know if there's a new members thread. Second, I'd like to know who is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and if I may disable the "I adore you Mr." thing when I write. Third, I'd like to know how I may eventually change the newbie status to my left into something different....oh, and also if there's a thread for questions like these around here. biggrin.gif

Rosa biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 18 2007, 09:59 PM)
    I heard them say something about that on the youtube clip, but I don't quite understand- they don't get any money?
    I'm too materialistic for that, lol.

Oh, Alice, btw- there's this Daily Show clip I think you'd love. I just saw it and I can't stop laughing. It's John Oliver, the British correspondent, doing a story on this senator who wants to make English the official language. John Oliver wub.gif is awesome.
    So the senator was saying how with English, we wouldn't have problems understanding each other. So then John Oliver starts speaking really intense British slang that the old senator obviously can't understand. And the senator nods like he understands. It's soooo funny. eee, I love John Oliver.

Nope, no money, i don't think. the Royal Variety Show used to be a huge deal - now it's more of an old lady's type affair. The thing is, the show is put on for the Queen, Princes and Princesses etc, so the performers are supposed to be really honored to have the opportunity. So performing at the RVS is a pretty big prize...

Hahaha that sounds so funny! I love those little differences! The other day I said "candy" which my friends found hilarious... see, you guys understand me more than my own friends!!!

QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jul 19 2007, 12:27 AM)
    I'm new and this forum is hard to understand for me! I have no idea what I'm doing and no one to ask for instructions! Where is that Jorg,e guy? I can't find him and I even wrote him an email and that &$·$&%/ just ignored me! dry.gif

and why the hell every time I write his name it says I adore him?????!!!!!!! I so DO NOT!!!!! Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore you bastard! LOL

Rosa biggrin.gif

Hey Rosa - for a start, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore runs this board. He's one of the band's oldest and closest friends and he does a lot of the websites for them, plus his own job, so he'll probably be too busy to reply... He's really a lovely guy. But if you need to ask anything, ask us! We're all friendly people and we'd be happy to help if you need it.

In response to those questions - you can only disable the J0rge thing if you use a zero instead of an 'o' or type J.orge or something. Your status will change with the number of posts you make, you can't chose them yourself I'm afraid. And I'm not sure that there is a thread specifically for these questions - you can use the random thread or something tho.
  • Surfer Rosa: You can disable it from doing Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore by using a zero instead of the O. It's a filter, like Dami en (which turns into Damian), An dy Ross (Rusty Ross), U tilize (use), and Re itereate (iterate).

And I remember there was a thread for questions, but it's died down - here it is: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...on't+ask+me. Why don't you go over there and revive it?

And I don't think there's a new member thread...
  • Oooo, you can introduce yourself properly here if you want...
    That's sort of a new member thread...
  • Oh, yes. I forgot about that one.
  • Thanks a lot for your answers Electra & Courtney biggrin.gif I have to go now but think I will visit again real soon. see you girls around! wink.gif

Adiós,
    Rosa

ps. let's see
    Damian
    Rusty Ross
    use
    iterate
    Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

LOL...that's interesting
  • I'm so mad!
    There was this British comedian on Last Comic Standing and he was HILARIOUS!!! He was making fun of how Americans love to sue and everything he said was INCREDIBLY FUNNY. He was, by far, the best comic there. Yet he didn't make it through. And the most of the ones who went through were mediocre at best! GAH.
    Next week is the second half, and my hot British guy (a different one) better make it through or I'll be so mad! I lovers the hot British guy.

I think I watch too much tv in the summer- this is what happens when school is out and I have nothing to do. It's sad, cuz I watch no tv during the school year and whine about how much work I have to do, and now I find myself making petty complaints about tv...hehe.

Alice- that show for the Queen, looool, that just proves once again how awesome British people are. That could never ever happen here- we love money way too much to compete for anything but. Honor doesn't really mean much to stupid Americans.
    PS- whoah. What do people call candy in Britain?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 18 2007, 10:10 PM)
    What do people call candy in Britain?

Sweets.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 18 2007, 10:14 PM)
    Sweets.

aaa!!! I am totally going to say that from now on! Thx!
  • Hahaha! Oh Sally, you and your love of British men tongue.gif I'm surrounded by them and just can't appreciate the awesomeness I'm afraid... *sigh*

So are the prizes for things like American Idol money as well? Here you get a record contract or something, or there are some contests that give you a place in a soap opera or a west-end musical (I cannot STAND those ones, even more than the others...). It's never money, I don't think. Except for quizzes etc.

Do you know what? We should start a thread of British/American translations. Just to ease communication lol.
  • GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr

damn! I want to be in the stars video! I sent in all my info and the chicka emailed me back asking what day i can come... i said today... AND got someone to cover my shift at work.... and she never emailed me where the shoot will be sad.gif

booo.