In this Discussion

Harry Potter

Comments

• i thought the movie was sooo good. it was much better than the other four. hermione was a bit much, but she's a bit much in the books too so emma watson's overacting isn't really overacting is it? and now i have a wee crush on rupert grint. and the twins! and gingers in general really. it's kind of pathetic.

there was little i found wrong with it, just because it was so much better than the book, they made harry pissy in the movie but not as pissy and annoying as he was in the book, and it worked better that way i think, because then i was more sympathetic to his character later on in the film when it was heading towards the climax, unlike in the book where it just dragged on forever and i wanted to kill harry half way through.

my only complaint was when harry was fighting to get lord V out of his mind and they did this one shot of Lord V like in front of a green screen with swirly graphics on it, just kind of hissing, i just cracked up in this really intense moment. it looked ridiculous. I think DanRad has improved so much, Rupert too.

i'm not like a huge harry potter fandom person, love the books, like the movies, and that's pretty much where it ends so that's probably why i'm not nitpicking, but i just thought it was kind of brilliant.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jul 17 2007, 08:52 PM)
    my only complaint was when harry was fighting to get lord V out of his mind and they did this one shot of Lord V like in front of a green screen with swirly graphics on it, just kind of hissing, i just cracked up in this really intense moment. it looked ridiculous. I think DanRad has improved so much, Rupert too.
    HAHAHAHA that part was like my favourite part of the entire movie. Other than the part where Voldemort randomly shows up at the train station in a suit, and he's like... sup? With the head movements and everything... it was ridiculous. So awesome, though, that part where he's like "LAHH". (It looked more LAHH than HISS to me.. maybe it was just me though)
  • i have the coolest english teacher EVER!!!
    She has a Hogwarts emblem on her whiteboard, a giant countdown (in sleeps) til the book is released, fake portaits on the back of her door, she's also working on getting a portrait of the fat lady so she can then make us say a password to get into class AND apparently there is more to come

This kid was being disruptive today so she threatened to "stupify" him

laugh.gif
  • isn't he dead yet
  • Daceydos.
    I loves it smile.gif

I think the books aren't suitable for film to be honest, because they're so long. In order to get them down to a decent viewing time, you have to cut a lot of stuff out, so there isn't nearly as much emphasis on Ron, the only believable and likable character there, which makes it less interesting. I mean, WHERE was Malfoy?? Seriously! And you have to rely montages too much, you know?

When I see the scenes with the Great Hall I always look out for my seat hehe smile.gif It's so weird because I remember sitting there and everything, and walking past the forest bit or the model castles that they use for the overhead shots... And those cloaks are a bitch to wear hahaha. I don't miss them at all.
  • According to BoingBoing, someone has released Deathly Hollows via bittorrent.

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/17/last_..._potter_le.html

Whaaaaaaat. I'm personally waiting, but I must admit, the temptation is huge.
  • I've heard that spoilers are finally out.
    I had to steel myself to read the rest of this thread, haha, because I really want to avoid any sort of spoilers at all.

I just re-read all six books. and today the living arts section of the Boston Globe was completely devoted to the release. haha first time the whole section has been only about a book, I bet.

I honestly don't know how excited I am. I'm trying not to think about it too much, or analyze the books now that I've just re-read them.

I'm focusing more on getting to see HatP on Friday...
  • i dont understand why people want to spoil other peoples fun with the book, i mean yeah people dont have to read the spoilers but theres that temptation. i just wish the book would hurry up and come out so i dont get tempted!
  • It must be some sort of self-masturbatory thing. I mean, to ruin it for someone is to KNOW before someone. It's a power position, an "I could ruin it for you in an instant" thing.

You need only wait until tomorrow night. My plan is to not go on the internet until I finish reading it.
  • yeah thats a good idea not to go on the internet...me and my ssiter are going the to party at borders we are waiting from 8:30 to 12:00 and we have our own costumes to like hardcore. im slytherin and shes going to be a griffindor lol im pretty sure once i should up people are going to hate me for what im wearing hopefully i dont get ripped to shreds
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 20 2007, 01:00 AM)
    It must be some sort of self-masturbatory thing. I mean, to ruin it for someone is to KNOW before someone. It's a power position, an "I could ruin it for you in an instant" thing.

You need only wait until tomorrow night. My plan is to not go on the internet until I finish reading it.

I've noticed, at least at my school, that the people who are trying to spoil it are all computer geeks. Mabye they think it's their only chance to beat or get back at the "cool" and normal people. I don't know it's all very silly.

The atmosphere was so tense at school today, all we wanted was to get home before someone let loose. Everyone knows which people are reading the leak and so those people were pretty much rejected for the enitre day. If they came over to join in the conversation (which was always about Harry Potter) people would run away or cover their ears and hum.

My English teacher now has a portrait of the fat lady outside her door, it's so adorable. She's hung Gryffindor posters from the lights and the fan and she's now decided our classroom is the Gryffindor common room laugh.gif She also threatened to put a boy on a level 1 if he spoiled the book for her and she's given us no homework for the weekend so we can devote our time to Harry. She is definately my favourite teacher!

When i go to get my book tomorrow i'm going to have my earphones in with the music up really loud, just in case. Then i'm going to buy cookies from my friend and go home so i can lock myself in my bedroom and read. I've got it all figured out smile.gif
  • OMFG! Eight and a half hours to go! I really need to go to bed.

Although, I just took a walksies all on my lonesome a few minues ago (its 12:40am here) to the local bookstore (I live right in the city) and saw two hardcore fans waiting outside with sleeping bags and cans of Pepsi. I talked to them and said "see you in seven hours time, I'm gonna be in my nice warm bed" (it's freeeezing here!)

And walked away laughing evilly.
  • lol hopefully it will be pretty cool when i go bc i am wearing my slytherin scarf i made! so i dont want to be burning hot. im also kinda afraid that some ass is gunna driveby and yell out what hapens in the book like that one guy did last year
  • Tonight tonight tonight tonight tonight

My boyfriend and I are going to go see Order of the Phoenix again and just drive by the local bookstore after to see everyone. I just want to sit on the hood of the car, eat popcorn, and watch the chaos. (Since my dad's going to bring home some copies for our family tomorrow morning [because he is a champion], there's no need to get it tonight)
  • yeah well now i dont think i can get one tonight bc at borders you have to have wristbands and i cant get them bc my sisters on her way back from canada now and my parents are gone and im a month short from getting my license UGH!!
  • Ugh, I know that feeling. It's really frustrating to not be able to get there (I don't have my own car, so I rely on carrides a bunch). Can you hitch a ride with someone?
  • well most of my friends dont like harry potter and the one friend that would most likley take me is in georgia for church camp, and my sister wants me to drive myself and just do the speed limit i want to but my luck i would get pulled over
  • this is what we're doing tonight...

http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=41675#

and then we're going to barnes and noble around the corner from my house smile.gif
  • im jealous at borders they are giving away free glowing wands!!! UGH I WANT TO GO SOOO BAD!!
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Jul 20 2007, 04:11 PM)
    im jealous at borders they are giving away free glowing wands!!! UGH I WANT TO GO SOOO BAD!!

Haha, that reminds me of this article gigglyguy found a while back: