In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 4 2007, 03:22 PM)
    Allie, why does that person need to be the one to write your reference? Why not get one of those teachers who loves you and recognizes you for the awesome person you are???

Because the British system is that the "referee" is the same person for everyone, she's the only one who knows what kind of thing to write and she's the only one who's 'qualified' to do it. I wish it could be my biology teacher or someone, but they're not allowed. Argh I don't know. But my parents spoke to her tonight, calmly, so I think it's a bit better now...

QUOTE (God @ Oct 4 2007, 03:37 PM)
    ^^^ What she said. That woman sounds like a fucking child. How old is she?

Eurgh, I know. She's in her late 30's, early 40's? I know she's got two kids.
    Pathetic.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 4 2007, 02:28 PM)
    Fuck it. The cow who screwed up my Cambridge application is also the woman writing my reference to all universities. And she now hates me, because she says she was "offended" and "hurt" by my complaining. Someone told her (wrongly) that I'd said I wanted to get her sacked, so when I went to talk to her and apologise for upsetting her, she wouldn't talk to me and stormed off. The woman actually hates me. I'm so screwed sad.gif
    I did manage to catch up with her later, told her that it wasn't true and that if I ever insinuated anything like that then I was very very sorry, but she's still moody with me.

She's gonna be there at parents evening tonight, and I might have to put my parents on leashes to stop them from having a go at her. Oy.

Also, there is a postal strike, so my application form still may not reach Cambridge in time (but I'm getting that sorted, it's just extra worry, you know?).

ARGH why is none of this going right???

that woman should get therapy because screwing up other people's future isn't a good hobbie... blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 5 2007, 04:33 AM)
    Now my arm is starting to feel like my clot leg did!!! unsure.gif

I'm just freaking out right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

I'm sure you're OK, but maybe it's safe to see someone just incase?
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 4 2007, 06:33 PM)
    Now my arm is starting to feel like my clot leg did!!! unsure.gif

I'm just freaking out right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

Yes. You will be fine. You can always find someone to call if you're really worried, but I'm sure you'll be fine. <3
  • Thanks. It feels better today. It did feel strikingly similar though....
  • wolfie don't worry, maybe it happened because you're tired or something...just think positive. But if you're too worried, you really should go to a specialized doctor...
  • Glad to hear it's feeling better, Wolfie. When you've lived with a problem, it's natural for you to relate other things to it - my mom keeps 'diagnosing' my sisters with diabetes because she knows my symptoms so well - so try not to worry, and see a doctor if it gets worse. Good luck!
  • Thanks all. Yeah I was stuck between "I'm totally making this up and overreacting" and "but man if I'm not...." I think I was.

If you look hard enough for something, eventually you'll think you've found it. But it's totally fine today. I just like freaking out I guess. smile.gif
  • Isaac has to have a rib removed sad.gif

Epitome of uncool.
  • ohmy.gif Because of a freaking blood clot?!?!?!??

Well that's comforting!
  • blood clots in vital organs are often fatal, but don't worry wolfie, as I told you in legs it's perfectly normal...wink.gif don't worry too much (although i know how freaked out a person can be because of health problems...)
  • Awww, Wolf, I'm sorry. Even the thought of that must be really scary. Glad to hear it's feeling better, though.

Whine, whine. My dad's birthday's on Sunday, and he'll be out of town. Like he is half the time. sad.gif

And this job application is incredibly long and has the most random questions on it... but doesn't ask me simple information like my birthday. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 6 2007, 05:48 AM)
    ohmy.gif Because of a freaking blood clot?!?!?!??
    Well that's comforting!

Apparently the rib has been causing the problems, by pushing on the vein/artery or something? So it's not because of the blood clot, the blood clot is because of the rib. I think that's what I've gathered from the press releases at least.
  • It is October 7th, and it is 85 degrees... WHAT THE HELL?! I live in MICHIGAN!!! And on top of that. There is NO breeze and it's muggy. I hate Michigan. Is there any room up in Canada for me? I really wish it was more fall-ish. It's going to come and go in like 2 weeks and I bet by the end of this month we will have snow.

Fuck. That.
  • I don't know about Canada but here in Portugal you have lots of room wink.gif (but probably that's not very usefull because here it's even warmer...)
  • QUOTE (God @ Oct 6 2007, 12:31 AM)
    Apparently the rib has been causing the problems, by pushing on the vein/artery or something? So it's not because of the blood clot, the blood clot is because of the rib. I think that's what I've gathered from the press releases at least.
    I

Oh, odd. Hmm. Well i sent him vibies in Tulsa, cause like i said, it helped more when I was closer or something.

Also I was involved in an accident. yes, in my freaking 5 WEEK OLD car. It was a good old 3 car pile up EXACTLY like the one i caused 2 months ago (which expedited the new car purchase that was planned for this month) except this time I was the first car instead of the last. Some one cut someone off 2 or 3 cars in front of me we all had to stop suddenly. It was like a freaking roller coaster. First there was the "Oh God can I stop in time" then relief when i could. Then I looked in my rear view mirror and it was "Oh God can THEY stop in time?" Then relief when they could. And THEN I hear squealing tires and i know it's coming so I start moving forward, but I can't punch it because there's still someone in front of me, so I start rolling forward a little bit and BOOM!! ... BOOM!!!

So the left side of my bumper is all crunched up and the right side came completely detached, so I drive to Tulsa thinking my bumper's going to fall off any minute. I've got some bungee cord holding it on right now. But other than the bumper there's only a little scratch on the hatch. And the girl had insurance, so it will get fixed and someone else will pay for it.

All in all I was pretty lucky. I lost 45 minutes of my day talking to the cops, had to buy some bungee cord, and will have to endure the inconvenience of getting the damage appraised and repaired. But after the police report I continued on my way and weekend went as planned. That poor girl in the middle. She left the accident in a tow truck. And her car was a 2006! It wasn't brand new, but it wasn't very old either. So as much as it sucked, I did get off kinda easy!!

Oh and no one was hurt. That one's huge too!!
  • OH maaannn that's an absolute bitch sad.gif
  • "Ow. Ow. Owowow. Ow."

That is the sound I make when I walk.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 7 2007, 07:29 PM)
    It is October 7th, and it is 85 degrees... WHAT THE HELL?! I live in MICHIGAN!!! And on top of that. There is NO breeze and it's muggy. I hate Michigan. Is there any room up in Canada for me? I really wish it was more fall-ish. It's going to come and go in like 2 weeks and I bet by the end of this month we will have snow.
    Fuck. That.

Come and stay in London! Our fall lasts at least 7 months of the year, I reckon. We're in a perpetual state of autumn...

And I would like to retract my complaint about Mrs Connick, the woman who's involved in my university applications. She has become wonderful, and has paid for my application to be sent by courier to Cambridge, and they received it yesterday. So I'm all sorted, and it's thanks to her. YAY!
  • oh that's great! who would have guessed she'd do sth like that?