In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 29 2007, 10:41 PM)
    ykyow...

you can carry on an entire conversation only of OK Go related quotes. From things the guys say, to every song lyric we can think of... Angie and I do this daily. Hourly, actually.

omg, that sounds familiar...
  • YKYOW you consider getting a credit card for no other reason than to get Paypal, and spend lots of money on the OK Go store (which has new stuff, eeee!!).
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 29 2007, 11:54 PM)
    YKYOW you consider getting a credit card for no other reason than to get Paypal, and spend lots of money on the OK Go store (which has new stuff, eeee!!).

i actually looked for a different bank account where i can have a credit card... oh yes, and then i'll spend all my money... that i don't have... ok, so, first find a job to afford my obsession smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 29 2007, 07:54 PM)
    YKYOW you consider getting a credit card for no other reason than to get Paypal, and spend lots of money on the OK Go store (which has new stuff, eeee!!).

Same here!

YKYOW...you go to their store and you see Tims picture at the top and you feel like you have to buy everything in the store.
  • YKYOW
    You accidentally tell your friend (who's not wearing a jacket) that he's wearing nothing but a scarf and your mind shoots to that certain picture...

I really want something from the new store so I'm hoping something will turn up for Christmas...
  • YKYOW

you're reading a poem in English that says "...like one who wraps the drapery of his couch about him..." and you think of the DWYW video.
  • I totally saw crotch instead of couch. Haha.
  • ...... i refrain from commenting this, haha...

ykyow (or, you know when your friend is just as obsessed, as it was her dream...) when you dream of running (on a treadmill ) and infront of you there is the OK Go logo and you cannot reach them...

ykyow ... you finally get money fro university and rent and such things (i have to pay it back but need it right now... sad.gif ) and they paid for the last two months so you have the feeling you're quite rich (which i am not... just a bit... right now) and you go home and then ...EBAY! ... OK GO STORE! ... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCHANDIIIIIISE!!! (that is an accurate record of my thoughts...)
  • You join a forum dedicated to the band, perhaps?
  • YKYOW...
    My friend and I were making lists today- foods we hate, ideal homes, stuff like that. We got to the ideal man and I start listing things and my friend interrupts me and says "Number 8: Damian." And she's all, "I know you were getting to that."
    And I protest, "Noooo! I was not going to say that! The qualities I'm listing just happen to be qualities he has!"
    And she didn't believe me.

edit: omg, my friend and I are just like those girls from the last SP episode...the listing!
  • YKYOW...

You drive through snow, sleet and rain to get a shirt to wear when you see them in less than a week. Crazy Chicago weather.

Oh, here's the shirt. Think An(d)yone'll notice me?

I hope so anyway.
  • laugh.gif nice hidden message. =D
  • ykyow you leave a club and it starts raining and you look up and say to yourself in a Damian- vintage interview voice "It's now raining again,..." and start to giggle...
  • Sally...
    I LOVE LOVE LOVVVVE your new signature pictures AND the quote! The Fuse special was SO kickass.

I drove to my mom's house (I don't get Fuse at my house) the last two days just to watch it smile.gif YKYOW...

• ykyow you have the following conversation with a friend...

me: Last night I've seen someone with great sideburns...
    her: I've read an article that said sideburns belong to the seventies
    me: A lot of good things happened in the seventies (...me grinning)
    her: Dan was born (...her grinning)

both: aw
  • Well, I'm not obsessed to the level of like, knowing their birthdates and shit, I'm more of obsessed like, I know all the rhythm and almost all of the lead parts to both OK Go albums on the guitar, not using tabs, by figuring it out myself, and then recording several remixes based on my efforts, just to make it feel like there was more OK Go to listen to.
  • oh wow... i guess i'd even have problems with the carillon (i looked it up, saying it's the same as glockenspiel... smile.gif ) ... I guess i am more the listener and sing along type of fan ... (well, until i am a fantastic drummer of course, ahem...)
  • Yeah, I'm a listener and a maker, I just love everything music, and even more so when it happens to pertain to OK Go. =P
  • At least your obsession manifests in something cool and somewhat useful...
    All the rest of us can do is learn their birthdays biggrin.gif jk
    I'm just envious of people with that particular talent. With guitar, at least. I can figure out melodies on my flute, but it's just not the same sad.gif hahaha
  • oh but flute is almost melodica, and that is what Andy played when they performed Have yourself a merry little christmas! So, basically you can play Andys instrument, haha.... i can snip my fingers to get over it, haha! (no, honestly, i can do more than that, ... )