In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 22 2007, 06:00 PM)
    [insert post about GoTV]

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 22 2007, 06:28 PM)
    No, I don't think it was the same blog debate thingy, but I could be wrong. To be honest, I can't remember, sorry.

Thanks to the both of you!

YKYOW...a friend tells you that all she could think of was you when she was downloading HIGA to put on her new iPod.
  • YKYOW...you spend all evening teaching your younger siblings how to do the backyard dance, and they don't bother trying to refuse because they know you'll flip out if they do.

YKYOW...every time your sister sees a guy with longish hair she asks you if it's somebody from OK Go.
  • YKYOW You accidentally call Matt Damon, Matt Damian.
  • YKYOW
    My roomie, she loves her foreign films. She found this one and called me into the room. It's called "Im Nordwind" (german: The North Wind, although this is a Swiss film.)

linkie for the summery of the movie: http://www.artfilm.ch/imnordwind.php?&...dvds&lang=e

the same linkie in German (just for mayo): http://www.artfilm.ch/imnordwind.php?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 30 2007, 10:56 AM)
    YKYOW
    My roomie, she loves her foreign films. She found this one and called me into the room. It's called "Im Nordwind" (german: The North Wind, although this is a Swiss film.)

linkie for the summery of the movie: http://www.artfilm.ch/imnordwind.php?&...dvds&lang=e

the same linkie in German (just for mayo): http://www.artfilm.ch/imnordwind.php?

haha, thank you! .... im nordwind, ok, i'll look for this movie, it has nothing to do with "our" Tim but then again I'm in a group called "the sly (or cunning) Nordwind" referring to the wind...

* btw, did I tell you that I absolutely LOVE your signature?
  • YKYOW the first thing you show your family what you got for Christmas is the OK Go Brown EP, Pink EP, and AMW purple vinyl. And then you show them the framed picture of yourself and Andy. And when they ask who are OK Go, you pop in the Oh No DVD and show them HIGA and AMW.
  • ykyow...

you tell your grandmother everything about your London trip and how you've seen and met OK Go and then show her the DVD and can't stop saying things like "And he's the one I am dancing, and he is the one we met in that pub and he's the one...etc etc etc" My grandmother concluded my rant with "you really love those men don't you?" HAHA
  • YKYOW.....You see a bald guy with sweet sideburns in the checkout line and from behind it looks like Tim so you walk passed him and stare as you walk by just to make sure you don't miss your chance.
  • laugh.gif i can just imagine you tackling the guy to see...
  • YKYOW...You have a dream, possibly the best dream ever, involving your birthday, Damian, Tim, and hugging. Oh and some hand holding. Then in the dream your friend tells you to look at all the pictures you took with them, but you refuse because you know it was just a dream. All you want to do is enjoy the feeling of having met them, be it not actually real. sad.gif
  • ykyow...

you're waiting to get inside to some amazing NYE party in Chicago, and there is a band playing nearby, and you hear feedback from the mic, and you say 'owww' just like Damian from the live DC show... and you then look at your partner in crime and she's doing the same.

haha
  • ^^ Chicago sounds awesome smile.gif

YKYOW
    You go food shopping and in the peanut butter aisle you see empty bell glass jam jars and start to giggle.
    (Where's Dinky Damian? He must've run down to the coffee aisle for quick buzz laugh.gif)
  • YKYOW...

There is an OK Go and paisley explosion in your bedroom. I think I have more OK Go pictures and what not framed than pictures of my friends and family. Whoops.
  • YKYOW...

your brother comes to town and keeps talking about his friend named Damian and you just smile. and then he says hes going over to his friend tim's house so he can go play rock band at which time i made sure he would play HIGA for me. and he did and he got is stuck in his head for a very long time haha

I want to go to this tim's house...sad.gif
  • I recently introduced my dad to OK Go and figured it was a good YKYOW story because I got WAY excited about introducing their awesomeness to the man I know has the best taste in 60s, 70s and 80s music. It's kind of long...but it was fun and felt it might be worth sharing haha.

I burnt him a CD with a variety of songs from both albums and the Live at Soho CD and had him listen to it for a week. His consensus was that he really REALLY enjoyed them. He liked the fact that you can listen to them really loud or really soft and their music has a great effect both ways. He enjoyed their sound, could definitely hear the Cheap Trick in them and thought their ELO cover was awesome. After that, I showed him some pictures that were on my iPod (I do have 500 to choose from) and he LOVED that they wear suits and ties. He grew up with the Beatles and they reminded him of them in that aspect.

Then I sent him a variety of videos from YouTube to watch...I sent the ELO cover video I got from the NU show, the Letterman performance, an A Million Ways acoustic video, the Invincible music video and, of course, the HIGA video. This was his response: "Hey ...thanks for the videos...I enjoyed them...my favorite was the treadmill video..looked very cool...I wonder how long they practiced...also loved the neon jackets!! But most of all they look and sound like a 60's or 70's era band...I really like that....See you at lunch"

And that is exactly why I knew that he would enjoy them smile.gif I can't wait to discuss them some more over lunch tomorrow haha.
  • YKYOW you're at a Game Stop with your fiancé and see a Crash n' Burn game and immediately start singing It's A Disaster in your head.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 5 2008, 10:49 PM)
    I recently introduced my dad to OK Go and figured it was a good YKYOW story because I got WAY excited about introducing their awesomeness to the man I know has the best taste in 60s, 70s and 80s music. It's kind of long...but it was fun and felt it might be worth sharing haha.

I burnt him a CD with a variety of songs from both albums and the Live at Soho CD and had him listen to it for a week. His consensus was that he really REALLY enjoyed them. He liked the fact that you can listen to them really loud or really soft and their music has a great effect both ways. He enjoyed their sound, could definitely hear the Cheap Trick in them and thought their ELO cover was awesome. After that, I showed him some pictures that were on my iPod (I do have 500 to choose from) and he LOVED that they wear suits and ties. He grew up with the Beatles and they reminded him of them in that aspect.

Then I sent him a variety of videos from YouTube to watch...I sent the ELO cover video I got from the NU show, the Letterman performance, an A Million Ways acoustic video, the Invincible music video and, of course, the HIGA video. This was his response: "Hey ...thanks for the videos...I enjoyed them...my favorite was the treadmill video..looked very cool...I wonder how long they practiced...also loved the neon jackets!! But most of all they look and sound like a 60's or 70's era band...I really like that....See you at lunch"

And that is exactly why I knew that he would enjoy them smile.gif I can't wait to discuss them some more over lunch tomorrow haha.

Your dad seems really cool. He as a GREAT taste in music. =D
  • I truly love that story, Beasle wub.gif
  • YKYOW...

the lack of commercial OK Go calendars annoys you to the extent that you decide to make your own. smile.gif
    I haven't printed it off yet because my printer doesn't seem to be working properly, but I'm so proud of it. 12 works of art smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 24 2007, 01:18 PM)
    ykyow you see a pair of skinny red pants and your brain shuts down

I'm restating this, because it happened again, and it's really getting quite pathetic.

Alice, that's such a good idea haha
    you'll have to show us the finished product, yes?